• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Got Orchi, but I spent like $100. I am ashamed.

Didn't even get the Battle Card! On the bright side, there's no other character I want in the game unless Moon Rabbit Chang exists (probably within a day at this rate).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't even get the Battle Card! On the bright side, there's no other character I want in the game unless Moon Rabbit Chang exists (probably within a day at this rate).
Lucky for you, if you do Epic Quest Ep 1 once it unlocks, you can unlock a 3PG Special card for Orochi.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So I got all the tickets from the Lady event shop and pulled them hoping for the best and... what's the shitting ass fuck?

Screenshot_2019-12-31-22-38-40-325_com.netmarble.kofg.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-31-22-38-50-164_com.netmarble.kofg.jpg

Screenshot_2019-12-31-22-39-22-757_com.netmarble.kofg.jpg

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On my two 10 pulls for the lady banner I ended up with both Lady yashiro and lady Billy. On the battle card pulls I ended up with Lady yashiro's special card. Hopefully that my luck with the new years pulls will be good too.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast

Have you completed all the extra event missions? They give you like 20 battle card chances.
So I got all the tickets from the Lady event shop and pulled them hoping for the best and... what's the shitting ass fuck?
Thats some good luck, haven't bought all the shop tickets because the yellow node I cant beat quickly.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Anyone managed to finish story mission 10-3 that requires you to use 3 finishers? He dies either quickly if I use good characters or I die quickly.

Also 10-4 killing Orochi with less than 10 hits is tough since his combo is like 8 hits.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
After getting jack shit yesterday with the free pulls (both AS pulls and all the Lady event tickets), I got New Year's Vice today, which was my most wanted AS unit, so that's nice

EDIT: Anyone else unable to play Time Attack right now? I just keep getting network errors.

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Got New Years Mai today. The most snuggly dressed version. This ain't no Mai

Looks like they didn't update the Step-Up banner.

Oh and is anyone having an issue with ads? I tried to get the 30 rubies from the shop and it never rewards the rubies + item summon. Same thing with the extra soul quest ticket.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
I tried upscaling some artwork from the game using AI shenanigans. There is some ALLSTAR artwork on the Japanese site at very good image quality, so I used that as a base.

Here's Yuri at super duper ultra high resolution:
chara_img_23_rlt.png

For comparison, this is roughly the quality you get in the game itself:
Character_Yuri_95_Middle.png

Makes me wish there was a PC version of the game so you could see the artwork animated at a high resolution.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On my iOS account, I got swimsuit angel and new year's mai. I wonder if it will make any difference if I hold on to the login bonus 10 pulls or if I should just use them as I get them.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On my iOS account, I got swimsuit angel and new year's mai. I wonder if it will make any difference if I hold on to the login bonus 10 pulls or if I should just use them as I get them.
No difference, unless you just don't want to do one 10 pull every day for 10 days, and just do all of them at once.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to luck my way into getting New Year's Geese and Swimsuit Kula in the same 10-pull, which probably means those two have collectively drained all my luck for the month and I'll be SOL in my hunt for Orochi.

Are either of those worth using, btw? It's taken me nearly a month to grind Tekken 7 Jin and Armour King up to Level 90 so I'd rather not waste the rare souls on them unless they're truly great.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hustle Castle is the dumbest and most confusing shit I've ever seen.

Edit: Got NY's Mai today. Please give me beefcake KOFAS.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I managed to luck my way into getting New Year's Geese and Swimsuit Kula in the same 10-pull, which probably means those two have collectively drained all my luck for the month and I'll be SOL in my hunt for Orochi.

Are either of those worth using, btw? It's taken me nearly a month to grind Tekken 7 Jin and Armour King up to Level 90 so I'd rather not waste the rare souls on them unless they're truly great.

Swimsuit Kula grants a +50% damage boost for blue fighters as her leader skill. If you don't have 95 Kyo, she'll be an excellent leader for a blue team. And even then, I think she's a better character than 95 Kyo.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Did a few pulls and got NY's Geese, which is great. Still on the hunt for K', but I have enough to pity him. I'm gonna wait until I use up the rest of my tokens. (Might get NY's Vice too, if I get K' and I'm close enough to the pity selector.)

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
The free tokens will let us reach the pity selection iirc, once I reach that gonna select what I'm missing.

Also in case someone was wondering how to finish 10-4 without getting hit 10 times, I used Yuri 95 and made it on semi auto and the AI uses an infinite. XD

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Swimsuit Kula grants a +50% damage boost for blue fighters as her leader skill. If you don't have 95 Kyo, she'll be an excellent leader for a blue team. And even then, I think she's a better character than 95 Kyo.

I do have 95 Kyo actually; would him, Summer Kula, and T7 Jin be a competent team or should I slot in someone else as the third member? Team comp in this game is weirdly hard for me, ahaha...

Oct 26, 2017
I do have 95 Kyo actually; would him, Summer Kula, and T7 Jin be a competent team or should I slot in someone else as the third member? Team comp in this game is weirdly hard for me, ahaha...

95 Kyo, Summer Kula and T7 Jin is a stellar blue team, and also a good team in general. All three characters are great, and any of them can work as the leader. Want pure attack power? Go Kyo or Kula as leader. Want a bit more defense? Make Jin the leader.

Team comp only really matters for Arena and League(and PVP I guess), where you'll take on other people's teams complete with their battle card loadouts. There, you'll want to take the best characters you have, and seeing as you have T7 Jin, he's a must.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
95 Kyo, Summer Kula and T7 Jin is a stellar blue team, and also a good team in general. All three characters are great, and any of them can work as the leader. Want pure attack power? Go Kyo or Kula as leader. Want a bit more defense? Make Jin the leader.

Team comp only really matters for Arena and League(and PVP I guess), where you'll take on other people's teams complete with their battle card loadouts. There, you'll want to take the best characters you have, and seeing as you have T7 Jin, he's a must.
That's comforting to hear bc I've been dominating at Arena and League even without a proper team comp (just been rolling with Shermie as leader with T7 Jin and Armour King as backups to make a defensive core) so any further adjustments in the right direction would be even better.

Still bummed that I missed Orochi Shermie AND Original Zero, but I guess there's still time to cop Orochi and Lady Chang! Probably gonna nab Summer Angel with my freebie summon as well; idk how good she is but Angel's long since been one of my fave KOF characters and I wanna toss her on a team with her Halloween variant.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
You can pretty much cheese arena and league with just T7 Jin and a bunch of cooldown decrease.

Attack 2 -> juggle -> repeat.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel PVP is just "who can hit the other with their super armor damage immunity attack first".
Damage immunity can be countered by keeping your distance while waiting for your cool downs. That's how I do it with zero and it helps that he has a super armor move. If you don't have someone with a super armor move, keeping your distance definitely still works.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
One of the highlights of this game is all of the fantastic artwork done for it, so I completely agree with this.
This took more time than I'd like to admit, but I managed to create an animated example:

And comparison as images:
With original textures: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660816382723620894/662367111192248329/king-not-4k.png
With AI upscaled textures: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/660816382723620894/662367150266122280/king-4k.png

PC release pretty plz! Or maybe they could release a high def version of the Android version, Though that would be immense in size. The game is about 2gb right now, and if all the assets were close to source quality I imagine it would be above 10gb.