• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
at this rate I ain't ever gonna get orochi Leona so I'll just hedge my bets and focus on getting the battle cards. Hopefully next update they have regular Leona. Ash Crimson when people?

OP
OP
Burning Kasshu
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the story is like a remix/recap of the games? That's nice actually, I was forgetting Vice and Mature were Rugal assistants.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
So the story is like a remix/recap of the games? That's nice actually, I was forgetting Vice and Mature were Rugal assistants.
It also has some weird meta stuff. But yes, KoF has quite a lot of lore to pull from, I forgot that the reason why King worked for Mr. Big was that she needed a lot of money for her little brother's medical operation.

Last edited:

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
Actually (just to make this easier on myself) just search for KOFera and apply that way and once we hit it I can just accept your join request.

I wanted to let you know I requested to join the guild as well.

The thing I'm enjoying the most so far is the ability to set the number of times I want to play the stage and walk away for a few minutes. Allows me to grind without having to manage it every two minutes.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody reads the OP smh. (JK)
Nah but seriously K9999 is like 0% happening. I could see Nameless though. According to the wiki the only 02 is Vice at the moment so he might be added to give it some representation.
I got a Nameless battle card, so I can see him maybe being added as a fighter one day (though I have many fighters I'd rather be added first!)

Anyway, tried getting the Orochi duo today. Failed, but got Rugal instead. Yay! Looking at some of the other modes etc. and is there any benefit to doing the multiplayer and guild stuff? Any good rewards?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Nameless battle card, so I can see him maybe being added as a fighter one day (though I have many fighters I'd rather be added first!)

Anyway, tried getting the Orochi duo today. Failed, but got Rugal instead. Yay! Looking at some of the other modes etc. and is there any benefit to doing the multiplayer and guild stuff? Any good rewards?
I think geese might be exclusive to one of those modes. Don't recall which one though. It's in one of the token shops

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
And of course here comes halloween Kuula. Ugh, just thinking of having worry about getting both her and her special makes me remember why gacha is hell

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
What's the fastest way to get red gems? I want to get 99 K' but I need 10k gems in like two days.

Credit-cards.jpg

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the general reroll strategy in this game?

I'm hearing mixed results.

Some keep trying step up summons to get 4 or 5 of K, Kyo, King, Mai, ect

Some say play until you can roll for Orochi Iori and restart if you don't get him.

Some are even crazy enough to say roll for Kyo and Orochi Iori

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Whats the general reroll strategy in this game?

I'm hearing mixed results.

Some keep trying step up summons to get 4 or 5 of K, Kyo, King, Mai, ect

Some say play until you can roll for Orochi Iori and restart if you don't get him.
Besides the free ticket that lets you reroll as much as you want:

If you have a reasonable amount of time on your hands: reroll on step up banner to get K' 99 or Kyo 95

If you have way too much time on your hands: reroll on for Orochi Iori

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Besides the free ticket that lets you reroll as much as you want:

If you have a reasonable amount of time on your hands: reroll on step up banner to get K' 99 or Kyo 95

If you have way too much time on your hands: reroll on for Orochi Iori

Whats the rolling method for each?

I think the Orochi method is basically finish KOF 94 and roll Orochi banner.

Any optimal way for K' 99 or Kyo 95.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And of course here comes halloween Kuula. Ugh, just thinking of having worry about getting both her and her special makes me remember why gacha is hell
Yeah, I didn't realize picking this up that you have go gamble for a character in one gacha, then their special move in a separate gacha. Wish you could just unlock them. Shit legit sucks. At least the gameplay is fun and there's an absurd amount of stuff to do.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting someone to reply with this
negativeman.png
I mean, that's the actual best way to get red gems at the moment. The other would be doing the challenges in story mode, but that's no where near enough to get 10K. You usually can't farm gacha currency in gacha games, or if you can, not effectively. Gotta make money somehow.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I got K' and didn't even realise it until today lol. Between that, Rugal and the Halloween Rosalina draw in MK this week I'm on a roll!

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

Doing guild stuff will be worth it when the exchange shop opens but that will be awhile since guild has to be lvl 15.

Arena gives rubies and arena coins as rewards for exchange, but tbh pvp in this is uh...pretty bad and the lag is insane. League is more doable and you fight against an ai version of peoples teams with the same kind of rewards, you can do 3 arena fights a day for free.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Doing guild stuff will be worth it when the exchange shop opens but that will be awhile since guild has to be lvl 15.

Arena gives rubies and arena coins as rewards for exchange, but tbh pvp in this is uh...pretty bad and the lag is insane. League is more doable and you fight against an ai version of peoples teams with the same kind of rewards, you can do 3 arena fights a day for free.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into joining a good guild then. PVP didn't seem laggy to me and as its the only way to get Geese, I'll have to keep playing!

somato

Oct 25, 2017
This game took me by surprise! I didn't play the JP version at all, and I have to say it's pretty good. I am already playing too many mobile games so I think I will drop Yakuza for this... and possibly Future Fight as well, since I am not a fan of the recent changes.

Currently stuck in reroll hell... I got Orochi Leona last night on my iPad after the 3rd try, but I really want Orochi Iori, so I am still re-rolling on a few other devices...

Persil

Oct 27, 2017
Is Orochi Iori mandatory to go far in the game? I pulled him butttt I'd rather use my favorite characters instead.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap.

I tried the reroll orochi iori strat 1 time (on another phone) and it takes forever.

I didn't pay much attention since I was doing other things but took me about 3 hours in total.

At .3 chance at 20 rolls per run that's 5.8 percent chance of success. That means you need to do 20 runs (60 hours) just to get a 70% chance of success.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if anyone is paying attention to the meta narrative going on but damn it goes places surprisingly. Love how it sets up everything post 97

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the general beginners strats after nailing the starting pull?

So far I'm pretty much only leveling Kyo 95 and having him destroy things on auto. I'm even ignoring the mission requirements since they all cost so little stamina and I'm in a constant overflow of stamina.

Also what should I roll? Haven't used any gems since the first roll (Got Kyo 95 and K' 99 on a 10 rolls)

Step Up
Infinity rerolls
Orochi banner

Also who should I choose as my free 5* select.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I don't know if anyone is paying attention to the meta narrative going on but damn it goes places surprisingly. Love how it sets up everything post 97
I'm paying attention to the meta narrative. I loved how they talk about the true ending of KoF 97 and how screwed the situation gets if one fails to follow that specific script.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to get Orochi Iori earlier today after seeing all the talk about him being good. Took most of the gems I had saved up, though. That, plus I pulled a couple 10 pulls trying for his special card.

I shouldn't worry about trying the banner more for his souls so I can raise his max level, right? I figure I'll start saving again for the next banner I'm interested in.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to get Orochi Iori earlier today after seeing all the talk about him being good. Took most of the gems I had saved up, though. That, plus I pulled a couple 10 pulls trying for his special card.

I shouldn't worry about trying the banner more for his souls so I can raise his max level, right? I figure I'll start saving again for the next banner I'm interested in.

Don't think it would ever be smart to keep pulling specifically for souls.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I'm paying attention to the meta narrative. I loved how they talk about the true ending of KoF 97 and how screwed the situation gets if one fails to follow that specific script.

Also talk about a swerve

The whole thing about KOF being a simulation is an intriguing premise as it acknowledges that this is a long standing video game series. At first i wasn't sold on the 3 tuners trying to stop the MC but when they started teasing the Noah heel turn, my interest began to pique. The more drastic modifications they made to the story as a result of the player's actions and how it was forcefully corrected at the end of 97 for better and worse was a fun twist. Kind of hilarious their titular OC Waifu is the villain all along

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't pulled O. Iori or Leona yet. Got a couple of fun gold pulls, like '95 Saisyu and both '96 and '97 Athena.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm starting reroll hell now, for Orochi Iori. Who's the best starter to go with?

I'm not sure it makes much difference. I've been using Kyo and then grabbing the 5* Kyo '98 from the selector ticket.

So far I've rerolled 10+ times (i'm not keeping count) and pulled 3 Leonas and 0 Ioris... 😖 This is getting tedious, so I might just cut my losses and play with Leona if I can't get an Iori soon.