• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not judging, everything costs gold in this games, upgrades, limit breaks etc... I get the urge to delete the game every couple days. But I guess I'm in too deep now

I guess I'm not yet at the point yet where gold feels like a limiting factor? Is it like AP when you're just starting out - you have so much you have no idea how people run out, then as you build up your characters and farm events/dungeons etc you realize you have to optimally spend it?

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm not yet at the point yet where gold feels like a limiting factor? Is it like AP when you're just starting out - you have so much you have no idea how people run out, then as you build up your characters and farm events/dungeons etc you realize you have to optimally spend it?

i run out of gold unlocking cores, those things drain your bank

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit i'm an idiot

i got two whips as my first two draws on the roulette at the start, but i thought you needed three to get her so i've been trying for that . . .

i got the special card in the third slot today and grabbed it, and saw that it was the actual card, finally realizing that just one whip was the actual character

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Pretty much. I have 10 million and limit breaking 2 silver fighters to max cost about 1 million.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
holy shit i'm an idiot

i got two whips as my first two draws on the roulette at the start, but i thought you needed three to get her so i've been trying for that . . .

i got the special card in the third slot today and grabbed it, and saw that it was the actual card, finally realizing that just one whip was the actual character

You pulled the both Whip and the card? That's crazy luck there.

Speaking of gold, I haven't been close to running out for a long time. I remember there being an exchange during the Tekken event and walking away with 10m-ish. Now I'm at 5m having cleared out multiple cores to 90, I'm pretty sure everyone I have at 90 has max cores too. I'm not sure what else to spend it on tbh. I forget to do the gold dungeon a bunch too.

Do you guys unlock cores for units you don't use or something?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally back in Diamond, so goddamn happy.

Especially so as it was my favorite KoF girl Vanessa that helped me do it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got Vanessa from one of the fighter tickets. Neato.
I have a bunch of unspent special selectors so I'll hold off on going for her special card until her regular version shows up.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Single round again in League, but at least this time it's attack. I am literally winning these fights in 2 seconds with XIV Geese. It's pretty nonsensical, and I wish they'd go back to three round battles like it used to be.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I'm using Paul and the fights last for about as long as the Death Fist animation. This single KO format is awful

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Got Wonderland Yuri as a unit and Vanessa's special card from the tickets from the Wonderland stage.

Today was a good day.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. Got Wonderland Yuri as a unit and Vanessa's special card from the tickets from the Wonderland stage.

Today was a good day.
NICE!

I hope I can say similar by the time I'm done with the freebies. I got Yuri and Vanessa in my 12th multi + I have Yuri's card and crafted Athena's 3pg card. So, getting Athena herself + Vanessa's card would be all I need from either side of the banners.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
No 5 stars from the score attack summon tickets. I did get Yuri and Vanessa from the super mission though so I kind of deserved that.

They should be letting us know what the next FES character is shortly. If it's Terry 03 I'm gonna be mad af

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Got up to 17.5k event points and had enough coins to grab the 18 remaining fighter summon tickets.

Screenshot_20200127-062035.png

Screenshot_20200127-062043.png

Screenshot_20200127-062053.png
\o/
Victory!

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I got Wonderland Athena with one of the freebie tickets, which was nice bc I've been stocking up rubies for the next FES unit. Got over 5k now, so hopefully luck will be on my side when it comes time to pull!

If it ends up being Mukai, would I be better off swapping out Summer Kula or '95 Kyo from my blue team? Definitely keeping T7 Jin, but idk which of the two attack types synergizes better with the big rock candy man.

Oct 26, 2017
I got bubkis from the fighter tickets. I still got Wonderland Vanessa from my initial x10 pulls from when the event began, so I'll be content with that.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you like her? I had a priority of "Kula gets it first" but after that, I actually ration this stuff in accordance to rarity. for example all AS souls for now are meant for Xiaoiu, cuz I can't get her limit broken any other way currently.
I've never really been great using her in the main series, but I've always liked Athena overall. This particularly incarnation seems pretty beastly, too, and I want a second purple to go with H.Kula (my only non-standard purple unit).

I don't really spend money on this game, but I got all 10 of the $1 for 30 roulette ticket bundles and that allowed me to finish up a lot of the ones I was working on + build my current stash.

Current Gold AS souls characters I have are:
H. Kula - lvl 90 [+297 Capsuled]
Hoodie Jin - lvl 88 (will hit 90 after Affinity 15) [+297 Capsuled]
Xiaoyu - lvl 88 (will hit 90 after Affinity 15) [+297 Capsuled]
Paul - lvl 88 (will hit 90 after Affinity 15) [+297 Capsuled]
Classic Jin - lvl 85
Armor King - lvl 80

Winter Holiday Chang - lvl 65

NY Andy - lvl 75
Sakura Festival Billy - lvl 75
Swimsuit Mai - lvl 75
Swimsuit K' - lvl 69

Iori in Wonderland - lvl 75
Athena in Wonderland - lvl 65 [+297 Capsuled]
Yuri in Wonderland - lvl 65 [+297 Capsuled]
Vanessa in Wonderland - lvl 65

SamSho is coming, and they all use AS Souls.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna pull there or not, since I only have 3k rubies after the Wonderland banner. I also have no personal attachment to the characters themselves as I've barely ever played the SS games (I have always dug Charlotte's design but that's it). However, I do know that Haohmaru and Genjuro are supposed to be incredible + the freebie Ukyo and Amakusa seem decent. *shrug*

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I feel ya on that. Lady Chang and the Wonderland girls drained me too.

IDK if I'll pull on SamSho for Haohmaru / Genjuro, but the only other Gold AS soul character coming anytime soon that I care about would be Sakura Hinako.

Valentine event: No interest.
Sakura event: Only want Hinako... so I'll prob not be able to save up enough for pity yet pull both Joe + Chizuru and then never end up using them.
Gintama collab: I've never watched the show or read the manga. None of them seem all that interesting purely as characters in this game. Any rubies spent during this event would solely be for the +Crit Rate / -CD option card.
Halloween 2 / Xmas 2: These 2 banners are so far off I'm not even thinking about them.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I adore SamSho, I'm definitely gonna be saving my rubies for Mukai and 03 Terry.

Mukai I need to round off my blue team, and Terry I need because I currently have ZERO worthwhile Yellow units which is a huge pain in Epic Quest.
I pulled the trigger since I'm honestly not that interested in Samsho.

Well, unless there's a Jin level broken unit in there.
For what it's worth, Haohmaru and Genjuro are both supposed to be Jin-tier (at least as far as PVP goes):

vwzfUJM.png

Last edited:

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Both are attack? As far as PvP goes, I'm all good on both fronts, especially with red and purple (Geese and H.Kula). I'm good on defense as well.

If either was technical? All in.
Yeah both are Attack, though apparently Genjuro is meant to be played more as a technical character due to his passives and odd skill synergy.

Don't think I'll be messing them either though; between Wonderland Athena and 99 K' I've got my Purple and Red bases fairly-covered as well.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got jack shit from all the tickets received from the Iori missions and from the ten pull from the survey, but I bought two tickets from the shop and I got bun bun Yuri off one of them. My least favorite of the three, but I'll take it.

Still have 18 regular summon and 20 battle card tickets to get from the shop, not at the end of EX yet, but I have 2k AP for when I get there, gonna auto-grind and get all that stuff

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Battle Card available for 5k coins in the event shop worth saving up for, or should I just be blowing my coins on summon tickets? I'm about halfway there savings-wise, but I dunno if it's worth using on Wonderland Athena over say, the Maxima card that reduces cooldowns.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Got jack shit from all the tickets received from the Iori missions and from the ten pull from the survey, but I bought two tickets from the shop and I got bun bun Yuri off one of them. My least favorite of the three, but I'll take it.

Still have 18 regular summon and 20 battle card tickets to get from the shop, not at the end of EX yet, but I have 2k AP for when I get there, gonna auto-grind and get all that stuff

I am actually finding this event way grindier, cuz I, like... burned 2k AP and only got to 27k. and I had like 4 event characters

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I am actually finding this event way grindier, cuz I, like... burned 2k AP and only got to 27k. and I had like 4 event characters
27k points or 27k Vanessa Coins?
I don't really care about reaching the top of the points chart, the only things I really absolutely need are the Option Card and all the summon tickets. I was able to get all of those pretty easily during the Pretty event, hopefully this one isn't too much harder.

I just reached EX in the SP difficulty, time to spend all this AP and see where I end up

EDIT: I'm assuming you mean points. I just did some math and I'm gonna get around 6.4k Vanessa Coins with this 2k AP, which is not as much as I'd like considering I need over 16k. I probably got enough AP restore potions to get me across the finish line, but yeah, this seems way grindier

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Am I losing my mind or is it incredibly frustrating when you hit a boss of any type with a multihit super (not an EX, though I've seen that too) and like halfway through they just do a dodge roll out of it. First hit is annoying enough, but being in the middle of being smacked you shouldn't be able to do that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I losing my mind or is it incredibly frustrating when you hit a boss of any type with a multihit super (not an EX, though I've seen that too) and like halfway through they just do a dodge roll out of it. First hit is annoying enough, but being in the middle of being smacked you shouldn't be able to do that.
Yeah, it sucks. Main reason I don't bother with K' in this game anymore.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
supers shouldn't even operate on real hitboxes. The moment you activate it, just force enemies into the animation, instead of just trying to "hit" them and hope they don't slip from the sequence. Basically go full cinematic, make the enemy an actor in the animation, not a target to strike with hitboxes

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
supers shouldn't even operate on real hitboxes. The moment you activate it, just force enemies into the animation, instead of just trying to "hit" them and hope they don't slip from the sequence. Basically go full cinematic, make the enemy an actor in the animation, not a target to strike with hitboxes
I'm fine with normal supers doing that, but they should be in a state of defenselessness when they are hit by them. EX supers do the cinematic thing and I'm fine with only them having that.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I'm fine with normal supers doing that, but they should be in a state of defenselessness when they are hit by them. EX supers do the cinematic thing and I'm fine with only them having that.
I am talking about Ex supers and they really do not. Enemy just falling out of the super and your character continuing to punch the air while boss just stares at you like you are an idiot is super fucking common for me. XIaoiu's super is especially so fucking awful at this, I regret getting it. Whip is also bad, although just visuallly. enemies regularly emergency dodge in the middle of cinematic, luckily she still catches them with backswing, but it looks super janky. Mai seems to completely miss a perfectly normally set up super and in her case, it sometimes just causes her to stop and cancel super early, so not only you did no damage, you don't even to look at fanservice. Just complete waste of a bar.
Jin fucking LOVES to ora ora the air, while enemy rolls behind him. They need to completely rework card supers. Like, cut out whatever code they have there, and replace it with full on cinematic routine. No hitboxes, if you started super, all enemies snap into predetermined place and go through pre-recorded aimation routines, and damage is distributed globally at set points during the super. Basically like actual fighting game cinematic supers work. Only initial move you have to connect with has hitbox. Rest is just pre-recorded cinematic both character and enemy are synched together to perform.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I am talking about Ex supers and they really do not. Enemy just falling out of the super and your character continuing to punch the air while boss just stares at you like you are an idiot is super fucking common for me. XIaoiu's super is especially so fucking awful at this, I regret getting it. Whip is also bad, although just visuallly. enemies regularly emergency dodge in the middle of cinematic, luckily she still catches them with backswing, but it looks super janky. Mai seems to completely miss a perfectly normally set up super and in her case, it sometimes just causes her to stop and cancel super early, so not only you did no damage, you don't even to look at fanservice. Just complete waste of a bar.
Jin fucking LOVES to ora ora the air, while enemy rolls behind him. They need to completely rework card supers. Like, cut out whatever code they have there, and replace it with full on cinematic routine. No hitboxes, if you started super, all enemies snap into predetermined place and go through pre-recorded aimation routines, and damage is distributed globally at set points during the super. Basically like actual fighting game cinematic supers work. Only initial move you have to connect with has hitbox. Rest is just pre-recorded cinematic both character and enemy are synched together to perform.
Ah yeah. I've seen Mai's bomb out like that a few times. I've not seen it happen with Vanessa, though I've had the enemy outright die on the initial hit anyway so she's infinite punching air, then BOOM stage over. it's a lot more rare for me, though.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll be messing them either though; between Wonderland Athena and 99 K' I've got my Purple and Red bases fairly-covered as well.

Hmmmm, talking about bases covered got me thinking. Time to see how I'm doing for coverage now that most of my anticipated banners have passed.

Yellow - Xiaoyu w/ Orochi Iori + Lady Chang
Blue - Jin w/ Wonderland Yuri + Orochi Leona
Green - Yuri 95/Swimsuit K' w/ Paul + Wonderland Vanessa or Andy 98 w/ Mature 96 for Bleed team
Red - K' 99 w/ Mai 95 + Wonderland Iori
Purple - Ryo 96 w/ Halloween Kula + Wonderland Athena

Then for rainbows teams I got leaders in Lady Chang (60% Girls), Iori/Paul (60% Attack), W. Yuri/Whip 99 (60% Defense), Kyo 98 (125% burn for Balance), Shermie (60% when HP >70%), W. Athena (45% All).

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
if you've somehow got 150% bonus it's probably fine to farm it all on sp lol

but yea, the other event was the same way