• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Double post, but:

XIV Alice is currently available, but she is locked behind a $50 paywall.

MjcoOCk.png

I don't know if she also got added to the Noah banner, or if she'll be available there at a later date.

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't see why she just couldn't be in a roulette. Heck, make a whole new banner with her and two more unreleased characters. Some folks might bite on it.

I could see some folks biting on this Alice package, but I will not be one of them. Not worth the price, not at all. It would be one thing if she was a super busted FES unit, but she's not.

God, now this makes me think when Ms. Big hits the global server, she'll be like fuckin' $300.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Finished '94 yesterday, really fun, but too many unlockables and gifts without explanation. At the beginning I had constant popups after a fight lol.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Roll for Helloween Mary and complete the card set
Or
Get Mary with coins and forget the set?

Keep rolling with the free summons til the final day of the event and if you still don't have her by then, buy her with coins.

I've obtained both Heidern and Xiangfei with random draws, meaning I was able to spend their coins getting souls and cards instead. Plus, the set isn't super amazing, so you won't miss a whole lot by not completing it while all three Halloween units are gonna be a big help in the upcoming Team Relay Quest.

Keep rolling with the free summons til the final day of the event and if you still don't have her by then, buy her with coins.

I've obtained both Heidern and Xiangfei with random draws, meaning I was able to spend their coins getting souls and cards instead. Plus, the set isn't super amazing, so you won't miss a whole lot by not completing it while all three Halloween units are gonna be a big help in the upcoming Team Relay Quest.
Heidern is worth it? I have been just purchasing the attack speed card with his coins...

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Heidern is worth it? I have been just purchasing the attack speed card with his coins...
He and Classic Jin are thought to be the absolute best units for the lower-cost Team Relay Quest events and must-haves for certain Arena seasons and events, so he's definitely worth getting.

Whenever they release the 6* Kaya set that converts 50% of Defense into Attack, he's going to be legitimately FES-tier, too.

He and Classic Jin are thought to be the absolute best units for the lower-cost Team Relay Quest events and must-haves for certain Arena seasons and events, so he's definitely worth getting.

Whenever they release the 6* Kaya set that converts 50% of Defense into Attack, he's going to be legitimately FES-tier, too.
Oh I know about that set.

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but apparently we're getting a Pretty Clone Zero?

The fake mustache in the animated portrait gave me a laugh, but otherwise, I find this character completely unnecessary(if she's real, anyway).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but apparently we're getting a Pretty Clone Zero?

The fake mustache in the animated portrait gave me a laugh, but otherwise, I find this character completely unnecessary(if she's real, anyway).

She was in datamines as far as I remember. Showed up around the time Pretty Zero did.

Lady/Pretty Chang doing so well has become a curse. We now have 3 more Lady fighters that are clearly inspired by her design wise. Lady Chang seems tame as fuck compared to the designs of the Zeroes, looking back on it. Lady Chang's design could also be considered ironic since regular Chang is one of the biggest characters in the cast. The Lady Zeroes are just pure pandering to the creepy crowd considering the cleavage shots, which sucks even more since a fanmade Lady design of Zero already exists in M.U.G.E.N and is surprisingly more tame, which is rare for fanart. Ms. Big is tolerable, though I would have preferred an actual grown woman.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
The weird part is that I don't mind, maybe even like, Pretty Zero's design, but clone looks boring as hell. The only good part is the fake moustache thing on her profile animation, IMO. I did Pretty Big too, if only for the great word play and that her design isn't total loli bait like they seem to have gone for with the Zeros (and much moreso for clone than original, I think).

Pretty Chang is weird. I never liked her design. Billy and Yashiro were better.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of burnt out on the game and I'm not a fan of how it's being managed. There was no reason to withhold team relay battle for instance since it doesn't even require any localization. Then there's stuff like missing set card trade which would have saved a lot of people money/rubies for the Platinum banner (and clean up our card inventories) and 3 star set cards to let you get your set bonuses with. Meanwhile they're raining banners on us with a reduced capacity to earn currency. The Alice thing was hilarious more than it was insulting, that's a regular ass 5 star. These people are insane. I really like the gameplay too. Damn

If you need the space you can kick me out of the guild (Cosmic).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
there's co-op in this?
Yeah, there is. It's mostly for the Power Up Dungeon stuff.

Kind of burnt out on the game and I'm not a fan of how it's being managed. There was no reason to withhold team relay battle for instance since it doesn't even require any localization. Then there's stuff like missing set card trade which would have saved a lot of people money/rubies for the Platinum banner (and clean up our card inventories) and 3 star set cards to let you get your set bonuses with. Meanwhile they're raining banners on us with a reduced capacity to earn currency. The Alice thing was hilarious more than it was insulting, that's a regular ass 5 star. These people are insane. I really like the gameplay too. Damn

If you need the space you can kick me out of the guild (Cosmic).
I'm taking a break from the game now, lately its been feeling like a chore playing
Sorry to see you all go, but I honestly don't blame you. If you come back, at least you'll have that "welcome back" package where you get a bunch of stuff.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Sorry to see you all go, but I honestly don't blame you. If you come back, at least you'll have that "welcome back" package where you get a bunch of stuff.

I do plan to jump back in at some point, but lately, all I was doing was dailies, roulette and leaving it to farm on Epic quest. Eventually having to watch all those ads for the roulettes just became very tiresome, and I wasnt really playing the game anymore

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Is the set card good?
I can get that and one of the girls, dunno who.
I seems worthwhile to me, so I grabbed it. After going to the selector in on the FES card banner, I now have these sets: 1x Noah, 5x Kula, 1x Chizuru, 1x Billy and 1x of this H. Mary one. Been prepping for the Team Relay Dungeon / Infinite Fight / Championship launch update coming tonight (patch notes here).

I got a few of the 6★ cards along the way too, but unfortunately they were just option cards. 2x Terry and 2x Mary.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Rabbit Yuri worth leveling up?
She's fantastic. If it wasn't for the busted collab characters, I would say she's one of the best non-FES units in the game. Her skills combo 1 -> 2 -> 3 into each other rather easily thanks to skill 1 being a freezing fireball, skill 2 being a running grab, and skill 3 being a double shouryuken that OTGs.

Her leader skill is also great for Defense users.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Question for fellow Haohmaru-users:

Do you prefer comboing his skills in 1-2-3 order or 3-1-2 order? The former gives hyper armour and an attack boost right off the bat so it's better for interrupting YOLO skills or doing burst damage, but the latter inflicts Bleed immediately and almost guarantees a stun thanks to his unique core.

Most characters seem to have a pretty clear "intended" order for their skills but his all combo into each other so it's hard to find an optimal plan, haha.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
I generally start with hyper armor stuff, there's not as much value in using a move with hyper armor to continue a combo.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a bunch of curious datamines.
- Kula banner where it has Idol Kula + the 3 current version + a banner with her set, special and battle cards.
- Original Zero + Lady Zero banner
- Lady Mr. Big
- Chizuru and Mecha Goenitz raids
- Baseball Vanessa roulette (I think)

Oct 26, 2017
I really was not expecting the Ms. Big shop to be available so soon.

So you can only get Lady Big by paying for 3 things from the Premium Shop?

This is how the Ms. Big shop works:

There are three milestone rewards: Ms. Big, her special card, and 30 special enhancement cards.

To get Ms. Big, you need to spend $114.

To get her special card, it's another $100.

And the final milestone is unlocked after a final $40 package, which gives you 600 Ms. Big souls.

So, for a little over $250 fucking dollars, you get Ms. Big, her special card, and the full 600 character souls. For just the character, it's only $114.

I guess the silver lining is that this Ms. Big shop seems to be around for a while, so if you really want the full suite of items, you can piecemeal the whole thing.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Peeked in to check out the update and it looks pretty significant. They added a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting. I had 1k rubies after beating up chocolate Mukai so I threw them at Ash for the hell of it and this happened.

3zHBX3J.jpg

Guess I gotta stick around now haha