• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
EFx2bqEUUAE8LU5.jpg:large

Developer - Netmarble
Publisher - SNK, Netmarble
Platform(s) - iOS & Android
Price - Free

What is The King of Fighters All Star?
It is a beat 'em up gacha that includes fighters from 94-XIV (Note: At the time of writing this it covers 94-98 with a little bit off 99. Fighters from 99-XIV will be added as time goes on). It also includes Co-op modes and PVP.

Who can I look forward too?
You can look forward to versions of your favorite fighter through 94-XIV, seasonal stuff like Halloween and Christmas, plus other random things. Also (if things go well) look forward to collaborations with Gintama, Samurai Shodown, and Tekken.

Yo so I can get K9999?
NO! We don't talk about him.

Guild?
KOFera
Kusoge

Gameplay:

Official English Twitter
(Apologies if my first OP is sloppy, If you want me to add or change anything just tell me and I'll get right on it.)

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So on the one hand, can't say I'll ever be a fan of Gacha stuff (so much crap to collect to level up a character) but on the other hand... can't say it isn't fun unlocking different characters as I play. Managed to unlock over 30 so far and I've only be playing a little bit today. Not sure how easy it'll be going forward though, but I've got a nice mix of 94-97 so far. I was tempted to grab Rugal with that freebie choice thing, but went with Yamazaki instead (huge fan of the character, and don't regret that choice one bit). Hopefully I can get hold of Goenitz as playing around with him in the time trial mode and I really like his move set.

Overall though, really happy with how the game plays, its fast paced and its fun to juggle multiple enemies with ease (I beat Mai earlier with a single juggle combo with thanks of a Shingo friend assist!)

I can see me playing the game a little bit each day from here on out until I get bored, I'm pleased with how it plays and if the unlocks don't completely suck I'll probably keep coming back.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tried the game a bit earlier. Gameplay honestly seems pretty fun. I'm clueless on gacha rerolling stuff in general so I'll probably just roll with whatever I get here.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I like how there's an infinite rerolling banner.

Been trying to get a Kyo that's supposedly really good.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
been playing a lot. Its quite fun seeing all the KOF classic chars in a nice art style. Also some decent music/remixes. Ended up getting K' on my first 10 draw and used my free reroll to get Yashiro. Drew Shermie randomly as well so K' will just have to be my Chris for now.
Somone gonna make a guild for this game? I'm down

edit: saw you'll make the guild once you're lvl 15. sweet.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I've been playing it quite a bit today, I like it so far!
The story's writing is terrible though lol.

Also I preregistered but it doesn't seem like I got anything by linking my google play account. Do I need to link my email address too?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got K' '99 and Ryuji '97 from the step up banner, don't feel like rerolling for Kyo '95 so I guess I'm sticking with that

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really liking this. K' is my dude so had to go until I got him so im happy.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Picked Shermie 5* via the special pick ticket, did the reroll 10-pick until I got a 5* Rugal, very happy with life overall.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
When's female Chang??

It seems fun! Unfortunately my mobile device can barely run it, but I like how smooth it feels from what I tried out so far.

OP
OP
Burning Kasshu
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I think I have the guild set up. Just search KOFera and it should pop up and then I'll add you. Also my friend code: C8OPJ0

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
My friend code is UVNADI, feel free to send a friend request

Alright I think I have the guild set up. Just search KOFera and it should pop up and then I'll add you. Also my friend code: C8OPJ0
Friend request sent, I'll send a request to join the guild when I reach rank 5

EDIT: Reached rank 5, got your guild request, accepted and I'm in

Last edited:

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, bad times. Trying to get Kyo, instead I've got K 99 three out of the past five times

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, two things that bother me about it:

Lesser thing: why have controller support if it's only half working? I can hit, use skills and finisher, and roll, but I can't tag, or use supports, or block. And no button mapping settings in game proper.

Bigger thing: So, having your cake and eating it is not ok with me. If you have gacha for abilities, your characters are free, see Tales of the Rays. You do not make me both gacha for a favorite character and then also hope I can somehow get their super in a separate gacha. That's too fucking much, and it utterly sours the feeling of getting a character you may have wanted, cuz you only have an incomplete version.
Y'all can say "that's gacha for ya" but this is legit first game I've seen that does fucking both character gacha and ability gacha.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

Lesser thing: why have controller support if it's only half working? I can hit, use skills and finisher, and roll, but I can't tag, or use supports, or block. And no button mapping settings in game proper.

Bigger thing: So, having your cake and eating it is not ok with me. If you have gacha for abilities, your characters are free, see Tales of the Rays. You do not make me both gacha for a favorite character and then also hope I can somehow get their super in a separate gacha. That's too fucking much, and it utterly sours the feeling of getting a character you may have wanted, cuz you only have an incomplete version.
Y'all can say "that's gacha for ya" but this is legit first game I've seen that does fucking both character gacha and ability gacha.

Oh, so that's why some of the ability locations are blank? Fuck that.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Desire sensor is real, I got 6 kyo's before 1 k'

lol, good times eh. Finally got Kyo 95 but man, reading the shit below, not sure how excited I should be about playing the game.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Skullgirls has been doing the character and ability gacha for years now (the mobile version, that is)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As a heads up: feel free to play this game, enjoy it, all that jazz. But it's Netmarble, so I would strongly advise against putting any money into the game you don't mind losing, even ignoring the nature of gacha. Netmarble is 💩

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
As a heads up: feel free to play this game, enjoy it, all that jazz. But it's Netmarble, so I would strongly advise against putting any money into the game you don't mind losing, even ignoring the nature of gacha. Netmarble is 💩

what does this mean? is there something going on with the jp side?

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I'll download this since Netmarble is working on it. Future Fight is still the best mobile game I've ever played.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
what does this mean? is there something going on with the jp side?
Netmarble has the bad rep of being kinda p2w, adding ways to improve characters that are only available with actual money., like paid costumes with stats. However, they also have one of the most f2p games currently out there (seven deadly sins in jp) that also does have some paid costumes with stats, but those stats are pretty minimal and can also be acquired with costumes with in game currency. So they might have gotten better at it.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Not a big fan of gacha, but I love KoF. I will at least give it a try. Thanks for the OT!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This game is worth the download just to see decent quality models of some classic KOF characters.

I kept re-rolling until I had a decent Billy Kane, but I keep going back to my 3 star Heavy D because he's much more fun to play for some reason.
The story is ... not great though. I don't know where it goes after the 94 portion, I just skip the story sections completely now.

Gameplay can get kinda repetitive, each stage is 1 or 2 spawns of regular mobs, then a bossfight with a mini cutscene. There are also actual fights against other KOF characters here and there, though you're mostly fighting nobodies.
I haven't used my free 5-star pick yet, I hope that doesn't expire.

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017

I have been playing the Japanese version for some weeks, so this might not be available just yet in the American/European version, but you can get the characters super skills aside of the gacha, mind you it's a rip off, but you can trade 4 or 5 (i don't remember right now) special cards (which hardly show up) for any other special card of the same quality (stars), this way i traded a few specials of characters i couldn't careless and got the special card for Blue Mary that needed for Halloween Night Mary .

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Flipped through an active discord for the English speaking JP community (now expanding to support the World version), and the game seems reroll unfriendly if you're trying to go for the one "meta ready" unit in the game (Orochi Iori), as he requires you to complete the entirety of KOF 94 to unlock his banner, and usually you will have about 16 or so pulls to get him from there. Not only that but particular Halloween units are among the better units overall and the first batch is getting added to the World version within the month. Hard to figure where I want to prioritize gems because I dont know how long I'll stay on this game

Luckily for me though, my favorite character from KOF is Shermie, and Shermie is apparently really amazing out of the starting crop, so it's been good times for me, I unlocked her 6 star uncap and have been slowly moving my way through the KOF 96 story today

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
Been stuck at 98.9% download for like 10 minutes, keeps having trouble downloading it, any advice?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Decided to check it out, saw the Amazon Prime promo (can't get it to work somehow, which is a shame) but I like the side-scrolling beat-em-up style. Has anyone tried this yet?

King of Fighters Allstar Prime Bonus

My friend code: CZ72IS
Yeah, I've done it. You sign into your Amazon account and it gives you a ten pull ticket for the battle cards. Not much to say. I pulled Mai's skill card from it. You can do it once every two weeks.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Shermie '97 and King '94. Here's hoping I can get Vice and Mature down the road.

Also submitted a request to join the guild!

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Game is great so far. What I need to figure out is which fighters to spend resources on. I have one 5*, which is my team leader, and a bunch of 4*s. Need to read some guides.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
All this SNK love lately has me really feeling the pain of not getting a fatal/garou sequel. If my download ever finishes I could ease the pain....

Jun 23, 2019
So just pulled:

- 5* '94 King
- 5* '99 Kensou
- 5* '98 Vice
- 4* AS Baseball Yuri (lol)

I'm not going to reroll. I'm happy with what I have.