• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
This game is freakin solid. I chose Rugal for my selector and 98' Robert for my infinite selector. Two of my favorite characters.

Also not sure why there isn't a 5 star Joe

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Got my boy Billy Kane 97'. One of my favorites.

And I just got Baseball Yuri. That's kinda cool.

king_of_fighters_all_star_yuri_sakazaki_by_hes6789_dcku7qp-fullview.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Rerolled until I got Rugal as my starter character. I don't even know why, but fuck it. He seems strong.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I used the ticket that let me pick any character of my choosing (from a decent list), Rugal was in said list so I just said "why not". He's 5 stars too.

Yeah, I grabbed the only 5* Iori using the Selector ticket. I don't know why there's 3 5* Kyos and only one 5* Iori but fuck it, I'm using him and Rugal for now. They both seem pretty strong, but Rugal hits RIDICULOUSLY hard.

Wonder if we'll ever see Garou characters...

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Oh fuck. I need this. Anyone know how long the banners/bonuses and such go for? I probably can't start until the weekend. Is there a list of characters? I see King is there and she looks fun, she is one of my favs but I'd prefer her KoF13 outfit.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I grabbed the only 5* Iori using the Selector ticket. I don't know why there's 3 5* Kyos and only one 5* Iori but fuck it, I'm using him and Rugal for now. They both seem pretty strong, but Rugal hits RIDICULOUSLY hard.

Wonder if we'll ever see Garou characters...
Yeah, I pumped some exp items on him I mean sooner or later i'll probably get something to upgrade a 5 stars character so...
As for Garou, there's Gato, Hotaru, Tizoc and B. Jenet in the "coming soon" list on the wiki...but beside that I don't know.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Has anyone started compiling the artwork featured in the game? The game isn't particularly interesting to me but that artwork looks awesome.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
As a heads up: feel free to play this game, enjoy it, all that jazz. But it's Netmarble, so I would strongly advise against putting any money into the game you don't mind losing, even ignoring the nature of gacha. Netmarble is 💩

I know you play heaps of mobile/gacha games and keep up with with the news on the platform so I'm inclined to believe you but I'd still like to know more context in this. What are we expecting? Decline into pay to win? Tight budget and hording in order to have a slim chance on a preferred banner? Awful grinds? Slow updates? Performance issue? I feel like there are a lot of avenues to stink when it comes to gacha games. I guess we can also translate that too it is difficult to get the balance right.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So does this game have female Terry in it?

Edit: saw above they are starting with older characters apparently?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Well I sent a request to join the era guild. Lucked out with Riot Iori but still gonna try and get Riot Leona as she's one of my favorite characters. Good to play some KOF on my phone

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Why is the opening cinematic playing on a loop? I cant click on anything. Playing on an iPhone XR.

Edit: Ok I force closed the app and now I see a progress bar. Disregard. It works. Looks great

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Is there a reroll guide for this game?
if you want to be meta ready, you need to advance through the '94 Story and unlock the ability to pull on the Orochi Iori/Orochi Leona banner for O. Iori. Otherwise, you have tons of freedom with what is essentially 2 standard 5* characters out of the gate with the selection ticket and the infinite summon banner, though experienced players in the unofficial discord heavily insist on having one of those two be Shermie for immediate usefulness out of the box

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
if you want to be meta ready, you need to advance through the '94 Story and unlock the ability to pull on the Orochi Iori/Orochi Leona banner for O. Iori. Otherwise, you have tons of freedom with what is essentially 2 standard 5* characters out of the gate with the selection ticket and the infinite summon banner, though experienced players in the unofficial discord heavily insist on having one of those two be Shermie for immediate usefulness out of the box
Thanks for the tips.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Anyone know the total file size of the game? I cleared some room for grimoire of souls but was already kinda running low on space.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no Joe or Goro 5*? Ive been rerolling for like 30 minutes for one :( I might have to settle for the equally hot Brian I guess

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I can't say I'm an expert, but the character illustrations look bloody gorgeous, I guess they're an hybrid of 2D art and 3D models with some kind of tweening technique?
Either way, the presentation in general is amazing, and the gameplay is pretty fun.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I know you play heaps of mobile/gacha games and keep up with with the news on the platform so I'm inclined to believe you but I'd still like to know more context in this. What are we expecting? Decline into pay to win? Tight budget and hording in order to have a slim chance on a preferred banner? Awful grinds? Slow updates? Performance issue? I feel like there are a lot of avenues to stink when it comes to gacha games. I guess we can also translate that too it is difficult to get the balance right.
It's mostly P2W. Gacha is inherently P2W by nature, but a lot of companies can mask it or minimize it.

Netmarble is the company behind Costume Gate from last year, which involved premium-only costumes with fairly significant stat bonuses. They're also behind Lineage 2 mobile, a game notorious for P2W with buyable gear and other premium only benefits. They're also behind Iron Throne, a city builder with premium only packs that contain exclusive, powerful gear.

Companies can obviously change, but just a warning that Netmarble has a history of adding mechanics to games that heavily favor whales.

All this to say I think this game is quite good, but just a warning to those that are thinking about dropping significant coin.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I've done it. You sign into your Amazon account and it gives you a ten pull ticket for the battle cards. Not much to say. I pulled Mai's skill card from it. You can do it once every two weeks.

Odd, I can't find a way in-game to sign into my Amazon account. I got Google, NetMarble (Mail), and Facebook...

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game isn't bad at all, I quite like it. The art is pretty good as well. Got Shingo and levelled him up to the mid-20s so if anyone wants to add me here you go:

image0.png

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
One thing I find baffling about this title is that King of Fighters Destiny is a thing:

These two games are so similar that I'm surprised All Star isn't a worldwide release of Destiny. But I imagine it's a case of the IP being licensed to different companies in different regions.

I think I prefer the visual style of Destiny as it's really cool to see new 2D KOF sprites (though, many of them aren't really new. Most of them are clearly based on sprites from various KOF titles, including Capom vs SNK, but it's still neat to see).

Dunno about y'all, but I picked king as my select ticket 5*
That was my choice as well. It only makes sense, the name of the game is King of Fighters, so why wouldn't I go with the main character!?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The motion tween gyrating character art is off putting, but the in game models look surprisingly decent.

I picked '96 Andy as my character, because he's the best.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give this a shot. So I should try to get O.Iori and Shermie right? I guess I'll save the last one for a character I actually like. Too bad Sylvie isn't in the game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give this a shot. So I should try to get O.Iori and Shermie right? I guess I'll save the last one for a character I actually like. Too bad Sylvie isn't in the game.
I'm not sure what version we run on but Sylvie should be in the game. She's one of two XIV characters so far. (the other being XIV variant of nakoruru)
I have to play more later and get King, I got a 5 stars venom strike card for her.

Last edited:

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
I always have bad luck with mobile games. Not available in my region or not available for my phone.
I'll try this tonight.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I picked the wrong starter 5* unit with Rugal, if that tier list is to believed.

At least I got Orochi Iori, I guess. He seems strong but his super is...situational.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought 96 Kyo in the secret shop but I can't find him in my fighters or codex. He appears at the bottom of the SS but he's greyed out with 'purchase complete' stamped over him yet when I look behind it, it says he's not owned. Did I get screwed over here?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Ya know what, big supers don';t even matter that much. I will stop pulling for purple cards and save my stuff for when they add Kula