• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly just focus on getting 95' Mai. Purple Boss units are a pain in the ass to level up, plus you still have to get their elusive fighter unit. Anyone in the default banner is easier to level up due to being able to exchange soul dust for their soul cards every day, and some have soul events in the story mode (normal, hard, and expert) that you can do 3 times a day for 3 soul cards. Also you can save up league tokens to get a selector ticket for special cards of anyone in the default banner, something you can't do for the boss banners or other banners.

Long story short, if you're just looking for a good red unit, focus on getting 95' Mai (red attacker).

Also, if you finish the Yellow Element Festival, you gain access to the Red Element Festival, which has you unlock a free 5* Vice, who is decent apparently.

ugh that involves so much investment in yellow terry though :|

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ugh that involves so much investment in yellow terry though :|
Yeah... At least I can use him in a potential all yellow team when I bother leveling up Chizuru.

Then again, I have O'Iori and H'Angel, so he wouldn't have a place in the team at all.

Mostly did it for the 50 yellow soul you get. And it's not like getting exp capsules is all that difficult.

Jun 23, 2019
Lol pulled my last Halloween freebie and I got a UR Battle Card with Shermie, Mature, and Yash on it. Figures 😂😭

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
It's def worthwhile to do these weekly character quests for all the rewards and the free characters. Terry is solid and could go well on a yellow team or an Attacker team led by Mai 95 or Orochi Iori. Vice is a solid Red unit and the week after her we will get Mature for Green. I love Mature's play style, and she's good as a striker because she inflicts bleed.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's def worthwhile to do these weekly character quests for all the rewards and the free characters. Terry is solid and could go well on a yellow team or an Attacker team led by Mai 95 or Orochi Iori. Vice is a solid Red unit and the week after her we will get Mature for Green. I love Mature's play style, and she's good as a striker because she inflicts bleed.
Agreed. I've got him mid 70s now and he's pretty darn useful beside K', I look forward doing Vice assuming she's next. Seems like an easy way to acquire and level up these characters.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would have done Mature first so getting a green character went with the weekly event that has a green weak boss. Sure, I may already have her but her event will make it easier to limit break her.

Also, speaking of building up a green I tapped out of my Hard Orochi attempts. I just can't beat him right now. Over 2 hours trying and just brick walled. It doesn't help that no strong greens are on my FL and the guild buffs timer ended while I was bashing my head against the wall. ;__;

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are you fools talking about? Weekly character quests?

The Growth festival quests. You can see them on the home screen. We had Yellow first, then red when you finished yellow. If you don't see it, you might have to finish out the other quests that are there on the home screen.

Is there a list of all the characters we get from these, or is it only Terry, Mature, and Vice?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
We got Purple Kyo 96 and Blue Athena 96 in the original Growth Missions (did we get enough from that to get both to 80 like these do?). After those missions are cleared we got a week of missions for Yellow Terry 96. Now we have Red Vice 98 and next week is Green Mature 96.

IDK if we will get anymore freebies like this afterwards, because those 3 are all I that was mentioned by the devs.

Last edited:

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Tomorrow I'll finally be able to get Geese. So excited to finally be able to play around as him although it'll take a while to get his card since it uses the same currency.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We got Purple Kyo 96 and Blue Athena 96 in the original Growth Missions (did we get enough from that to get both to 80 like these do?). After those missions are cleared we got a week of missions for Yellow Terry 96. Now we have Red Vice 98 and next week is Green Mature 96.

IDK if we will get anymore freebies like this afterwards, because those 3 are all I that was mentioned by the devs.
Forgot about Kyo and Athena. Wish they gave us enough Athena soul to get her up to 80 like we have with Terry.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
4zIo2vX.jpg

Is this about average for 5 stars or am I lucky? Cause I feel like this game is super generous with the pulls.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
4zIo2vX.jpg

Is this about average for 5 stars or am I lucky? Cause I feel like this game is super generous with the pulls.

Looks close to what I have minus the halloween characters and '97 shermie on my ios account that I'm not putting money into. I lucked out and got orochi leona on that account though. I'm going to get the two rank packages that I can get all the rubies when I buy it on my android account (looks to be about 5k rubies for $15) and see what happens.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
96 boss goenitz is no joke. One hit and he will combo you to oblivion. Trying real hard to clear the 20 hits or less mission.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
96 boss goenitz is no joke. One hit and he will combo you to oblivion. Trying real hard to clear the 20 hits or less mission.
The only thing I find more bullshit than that is the "30 combo or more" on freaking Orochi.

"Lol, you doing a combo? Just going to slide out of them and do one of my shitty spell moves on you."

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
so i decided to give the king/maxima draw a shot and ended up with Maxima. He worth investing into? I see he's another gold attacker so he'd sync with H. Angel/Orochi Iori something fierce

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Oh also unlocked Evil Blue Mary i just realized. Between that and having enough points to eventually craft Geese, i got a new team of people to play around with

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
It's even worse on Hard. 15 hits there. I imagine Expert is 10. >_<

The only thing I find more bullshit than that is the "30 combo or more" on freaking Orochi.

"Lol, you doing a combo? Just going to slide out of them and do one of my shitty spell moves on you."
This right here is why I can't beat him on Hard. I got him down to only 3 bars a few times but can't finish the job with only 1 character over 10k CP (Mai 95).

Past 98, there are very few new characters even in Japan to date. They haven't even finished the 98 roster yet.
This is correct. From what I can tell looking here, the post-98 roster in Japan is currently:
99 - K', Maxima, Benimaru, Shingo, Whip, Kensou, Chin, Xingfei, Krizalid (Fest)
00 - Vanessa, Ramon, Kula, Kim, Clone Zero (Fest)
01 - Angel, May Lee, Zero (Fest), Loveable Igniz (Fest)
02 - Vice
03 - Ash (Fest), Terry (Fest), Mukai (Fest)
XI - n/a
XII - Mature
XIII - Kyo (Fest)
XIV - Sylvie, Alice, Nakoruru (Fest)

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So now that I have a decent team, is there anything we should be saving gems for in the future? I am so tempted to pull just to get some decent cards for my characters, but I need to how much is too much. Currently sitting on just under 3k gems (not even finished with the story on normal yet... So that's more crystals).

Edit: actually have 3.2k gems.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
You can get 250 AP every day for watching 5 adverts (50 per ad), purchase items from the fighting and league stores that restore 50/100% of your AP (they are really cheap items, 1 purchase per day) and just doing the roulette (getting the 30AP bingo gives you a nice amount) and doing certain daily missions.
Adding to this be sure to clear up to floor 20 in the tower of trials and hitting auto clear once a day, 100 free AP every day.

Awesome will do, thanks!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now that I have a decent team, is there anything we should be saving gems for in the future? I am so tempted to pull just to get some decent cards for my characters, but I need to how much is too much. Currently sitting on just under 3k gems (not even finished with the story on normal yet... So that's more crystals).

Edit: actually have 3.2k gems.
Boss characters I guess. Though 3.3k probably won't be enough. Just keep saving, it can't do you any harm.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder, we're officially 2 weeks out from launch which means those with Amazon Prime can get another 10x Battle Card ticket prize.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else getting a notifaction about something Omega Rugal with a certain amount of time to redeem, opening the game and seeing nothing?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
The weekly character thing is nuts and requires pretty intense farming for me who is probably trying to do too much at the same time. :(

Edit. I'll definitely get Terry though because I really like Terry. I just don't particularly like this appearance of him. If they ever release garou Terry though... ShutUpAndTakeMyRubies.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The weekly character thing is nuts and requires pretty intense farming for me who is probably trying to do too much at the same time. :(
Thankfully there's no time limit (that I can see), so you grind them out at your own pace. It just means you might be behind others in earning them, but you shouldn't lose access to them completely if you slack a bit here and there.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned already, they had a post about the event on their website listing Terry 96 > Vice 98 > Mature 96, which makes sense because once we get to Mature that's one solid freebie 5★ character per color (after Kyo and Athena in the Growth Mission).

It would be nice if they announce they will do more afterwards, but as of right now this is it (unless there is some Japanese version precedent that I don't know about).

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So somehow, despite despite sploodging on halloween special card banner so hard, I got pity select ticket, I am getting back into like 5k rubies.

UPD: I am confused. there's currently a way to exchange a special card for either Terry's or Mai's.
But the way they worded it sounds like you can only exchange a card you got from selector ticket. And I picked Athena's. I dun want to exchange it. But if I can exchange Yashiro's one, that I got from random lucky ticket pull, that'd be great.

Last edited:

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sent a guild join request to Kusoge. Player name same as on era, Baha.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
UPD: I am confused. there's currently a way to exchange a special card for either Terry's or Mai's.
But the way they worded it sounds like you can only exchange a card you got from selector ticket. And I picked Athena's. I dun want to exchange it. But if I can exchange Yashiro's one, that I got from random lucky ticket pull, that'd be great.
From what I understand, they weren't in the selector before and now are? Thus, they are letting people exchange what they picked form the selector for one of them if they would have rather made that choice originally.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
looks like the game ate my last login reward halloween gold summon so instead of trying to report the problem i will simply uninstall and never think about it again