• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me want to save my rubies even more because for all we know 03 Terry could get pushed way up, too.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Looking a our pace thus far, I imagine we will probably get 2 Fest banners a month + whatever seasonal / collab stuff.

Fest Units:
96 - Goenitz
97 - Orochi Iori, Orochi Leona, Orochi Chris, Orochi Yashiro, Orochi Shermie, Orochi
98 - Omega Rugal
99 - Krizalid
00 - Clone Zero
01 - Zero, Igniz
03 - Ash, Terry, Mukai
XIII - Kyo
XIV - Nakoruru

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I have Orochi Iori, H. Kula and will pity pull Orochi Leona after 1 pull, but I want Zero he looks cool. xD

No rubies though, not sure if it's worth farming the story to get him.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
They do. Can't tell you the frequency though. We have a huge backlog as you can tell. As far as adding new ones it's maybe 1 a month.

Our version of the game hasn't even been out a whole month yet and we've already had four Fest banners:
- Orochi Iori / Leona
- Goenitz
- Omega Rugal
- Original Zero

The pace this game is at right off the bat is pretty nuts.

Not to mention the four-character limited time Halloween banner, the two two-character Step-Ups and the three-character Wolves banner.

On top of all that we have the Tekken announcement and the previous tease of the Pretty Banner...

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
The rate they're going at is crazy, could stay brutal if they want us to catch up to JP which would be wild.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
At the very least they should be keeping the seasonal stuff to their actual seasons. The Halloween banner we got was the one from last year. The only curveballs we've got atm are FES banners and collabs.

They're definitely going way too hard for no reason. If they spread some of this stuff out they could definitely make more out of it too. Like if I was a whale and I looked at the shop there are summon packs for literally 4 different FES banners that add up to like $200 each. None of them even guaranteeing anything. The release schedule wouldn't look so bad if we didn't have Iori/Leona and Goenitz banners unlock as part of the story progression.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
The saving grace may be that at least Fests will at some point return vs one time only banners like Collabs or Seasonal Units (AFAIK Japan got a new set of Halloween units and not a return of last years banner that we got over here). Even if we get bombarded with banners non-stop we can pick and choose what to go for and still have a chance at skipped ones later when they return.

Now, how long it will take for returns? No one knows. Heck, we don't even know how long we have to wait for stuff like the Wolves Banner or the Step-Up characters to be added to the main pool / selectors.

Oct 26, 2017
The rate they're going at is crazy, could stay brutal if they want us to catch up to JP which would be wild.

As I said in a previous post, the next three months are going to be crazy. Christmas event, New Year's event, Valentine's event, plus the Tekken event and maybe even the Pretty event. Not to mention any FEST and Step-Ups that'll happen between all those events!

It's gonna be a bloodbath for people's rubies, and maybe their wallets.

Oct 27, 2017
I've made a conscious decision to save for seasonals and collabs. Gonna skip all fest banners for now. I know I won't have the strongest characters at least at first but that's ok

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I played Captain Tsubasa when it was trying to catch up the Japanese banners, it was totally insane and many left it due to that.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm glad the Tekken collab roster is boring because I don't want any of them besides the free Armor King.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely wouldn't mind Paul for some Death Fist action but then I'd need to luck into him and his card. No way that's happening.

Good thing they aren't adding Steve or Anna

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely wouldn't mind Paul for some Death Fist action but then I'd need to luck into him and his card. No way that's happening.

Good thing they aren't adding Steve or Anna

I would've been toast if they added Josie or Asuka, but I'm baffled they left out Lili as she would've made them BANK.

Nonetheless, I'm sure the Mishimas are gonna be ridiculously good so I'll try to pull for Jin or Kaz at least.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
While I think it's really awesome to have the teller collab, never been the biggest fan. I'm probably going to hold out fo 2003 since Ash and Wild Wolf Terry are some of my favorites in all of KOF

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess that lvl 85 requirement for the growth mission on Mature isn't actually 85, because I got credit for it and she's at 80.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
So with hitting 7k league points was able to get that set selector card and finish my Kula set...this set is absurd holy crap.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, I am going to wait for the Tekken characters to release on JP first so we know their leader/regular skills before I make my decision. Never been big into Tekken and none of my "faves" made the collab cut, so who cares.

Currently looking to have a 50% color based boost for each color. Just missing yellow and purple for right now, which I can fix if I can get a Ryo 96 (or wait for Wonderland Athena) and if I get King 97 from the rate up right now.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I grabbed the Fest Special Selector ticket, so I'll hold on to it and see if the special cards of other FES characters are added to it later on. (I feel like they probably won't be, but we'll see.)

Now to resume that hoard life.

P.S. Please make a swimsuit Zero and give him a grass hula skirt so he can keep his spinning attacks, kthx~

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
xzt3DnL.jpg

Trailers up on Korean Youtube channel. In link form not to flood the page with videos. Last 3 are the alleged freebies.

Jin
Kazuya
Heihachi
Xiaoyu
Paul
Armor King
Jin (Tekken 3)
Xioayu (school uniform)

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also XIV Geese is in there somewhere, probably going to be a KOF Fest character afterward. I might try just waiting for that, though the west might not get him for a year.

Last edited:

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
In the other version, do they eventually add more characters to the main draw group along with all the exchange sections ie use souls to get goentiz or a lvl5 selector

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
xzt3DnL.jpg

Trailers up on Korean Youtube channel. In link form not to flood the page with videos. Last 3 are the alleged freebies.

Jin
Kazuya
Heihachi
Xiaoyu
Paul
Armor King
Jin (Tekken 3)
Xioayu (school uniform)
Yep, deffo sticking with the freebies. I can't believe we didn't get Lars. He basically is a KOF character transplanted to TEKKEN. Give me a free Lars! (And Miguel!)

Probably until a re-release next year if it's like other gacha games.
They didn't rerun the first Halloween banner in the Japanese version. From what I read, there was only one other way to get the old Halloween units through some sort of lottery or whatever. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, deffo sticking with the freebies. I can't believe we didn't get Lars. He basically is a KOF character transplanted to TEKKEN. Give me a free Lars! (And Miguel!)

They didn't rerun the first Halloween banner in the Japanese version. From what I read, there was only one other way to get the old Halloween units through some sort of lottery or whatever. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Oh, that sucks about the halloween event not be rerun. That's very strange.

Also, when the leak happened, I totally thought Nameless was Lars, so I get what you mean by "KOF character transplanted to TEKKEN."

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a proper way to level the O.Iori's affinity?

Got him at level 83 now and don't really want to lose out on taking advantage of those souls

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mehhhh... conflicted if I want to roll on the Tekken banner. I'll see how they fare on the tier list before I commit.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
What's more valuable?

Colored souls or KOF Purple souls.

KOF Purple souls are rarer but there's also only a few characters that can use them.

Also can you choose which soul to use to limit break? Kinda sucks that I have to use my gold souls before the color souls.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
anyone getting notifications to claim a 10x battlecard pull? I click on it and it opens the game, but i cant find anywhere to claim it, and it doesnt appear in my inventory

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question probably, but I'm getting a pop up telling me to beat each boss (94-98) for some cool rewards. I did fight skip on each tonight (normal difficulty) and got no rewards, anyone else done this and got the rewards. Is it supposed to be set on a particular difficulty?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question probably, but I'm getting a pop up telling me to beat each boss (94-98) for some cool rewards. I did fight skip on each tonight (normal difficulty) and got no rewards, anyone else done this and got the rewards. Is it supposed to be set on a particular difficulty?

Rewards will be sent on 11/26, post-maintenance.

Oct 26, 2017

The rewards will be given out at a later date. Specifically, on November the 26th.

EDIT: Beaten.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This game needs to fuckin' cool it with the limited time banners. Omega Rugal and now Zero? I'm never gonna be able to pull any of these jerks. :/

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Man I wish some of these dailies were Do X 1 time and not 2. It makes it that much more of a time sink when you're trying to do Guild Dailies, Regular Dailies, Roulette Dailies, Free Character Dailies and now Soul Dailies. Holy shit.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
This game needs to fuckin' cool it with the limited time banners. Omega Rugal and now Zero? I'm never gonna be able to pull any of these jerks. :/

Better to just ignore the FES units for now. Those dudes are more like trophy units that you have maybe a handful of over time. Pretty sure they'll come back around.

Also we'll get a free (far less cool) Clone Zero at some point from an event similar to the one giving souls at the moment.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Better to just ignore the FES units for now. Those dudes are more like trophy units that you have maybe a handful of over time. Pretty sure they'll come back around.

Also we'll get a free (far less cool) Clone Zero at some point from an event similar to the one giving souls at the moment.

Guess I'll just keep using Orochi Iori forever. Haven't pulled anyone even remotely exciting in a really long time. :/