• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else not seeing the Classic Jin/Iori '98 Super Mission?

Please don't fucking tell me it's locked behind me completing the Green Element Festival

Dumped 3x 10 pulls into Tekken banner, got Jin.

It's considered a welcome festival so it may be right after you do that one. You should have enough time to do it still because I believe this is going on for like 3 weeks.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not seeing the Classic Jin/Iori '98 Super Mission?

Please don't fucking tell me it's locked behind me completing the Green Element Festival

Dumped 3x 10 pulls into Tekken banner, got Jin.

Have you tried restarting? I had the same issue where it wasn't appearing and after restarting the game it showed up for me.

Although I did have the Green Element Fes completed before update, so now I'm not sure...

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It's considered a welcome festival so it may be right after you do that one. You should have enough time to do it still because I believe this is going on for like 3 weeks.
Have you tried restarting? I had the same issue where it wasn't appearing and after restarting the game it showed up for me.

Although I did have the Green Element Fes completed before update, so now I'm not sure...
Restarting fixed it. I was prompted to pick one of them upon restart.

Thank you both for your assistance.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
I must seriously have the worst luck in this game. 4x multis on the Tekken banner with no 5*, I did about 10 multis on the O. Iori banner with very little luck, too.

I've cleared a lot of the content thus far and have under 10 5* units that aren't giveaways.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must seriously have the worst luck in this game. 4x multis on the Tekken banner with no 5*, I did about 10 multis on the O. Iori banner with very little luck, too.

I've cleared a lot of the content thus far and have under 10 5* units that aren't giveaways.
The only limited char that i got is O.Iori, and that's with the pity ticket.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No luck on the Tekken banner but I'm nearly up to 6k already in points so I'll probably get Armor King tonight.

somato

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure most people playing gacha games feel this way. It took me 2-3 days of rerolling to get O Iori, and I had to pity pull Zero. No luck on Tekken for me yet either.

It doesn't help that the FES rates in this game are lower than anything I've seen elsewhere.

The Azn One

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Had 5000 rubies, zero 5* units pulled. Wtf kind of rates this Tekken banner have.
Was gonna go hard and buy some rubies but forget that now.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I better not have to pity this Jin. Shit is rough man, I'm 130 summons deep. Plenty of rubies on the way over the next 3 weeks but this isn't fair yo.

Really regretting getting pitying Leona, not that I don't like the character but going all in there really screwed me over resource wise. Since I rerolled Iori she was a whole 25k herself lol

After I get Jin and Paul I'm going into hibernation.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I better not have to pity this Jin. Shit is rough man, I'm 130 summons deep. Plenty of rubies on the way over the next 3 weeks but this isn't fair yo.

Really regretting getting pitying Leona, not that I don't like the character but going all in there really screwed me over resource wise. Since I rerolled Iori she was a whole 25k herself lol

After I get Jin and Paul I'm going into hibernation.
Yeah i'll simply stop if i have to pity Jin.

Globule

Banned
May 9, 2018
I like the core gameplay, it's quite fun for a mobile game but the subsytems are so numerous and complex... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is interested, here are the rates on the Black Friday ruby box:

40% 100 Rubies
30% 200 Rubies
15% 500 Rubies
10% 800 Rubies
5% 1000 Rubies

Oct 26, 2017
Got Paul from the roulette, so now I can use the roulette exclusively for AS souls and Paul souls. With any luck, I can get both my Paul and Halloween Kula to level 90 through roulette bingos.

Now all I need is Armor King. Grinding for points through the Rush event is thankfully pretty easy, and not as time consuming as the King score event.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez Paul is pretty damn good. Nice having a good green now. Was weak and went for jin which hurt a bit but no biggie. Got xiaoyu too!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Worth going for Jin's special card?

He doesn't have any special efects like Iori, so it purely CP increase and damage.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Phew. Did one more set of summons and got Jin as well. So that's both of Jin and Xiaoyu in 130 (was on 120 before it turns out) and its still early so I can chill. Not the best (didn't really care about Xiaoyu) but if I had to go all the way with Jin I would have been mad as shit lol. Unlike the FES banners, hitting pity with 1% is some abysmal luck. Might go for the cards but not until near the end of the event. Even the option looks pretty nice but I feel like double Maxima is too OP to not use.

So glad this collab doesn't have Tekken units I actually like. If it was Nina instead of a second Xiaoyu, whew. Miguel, Steve, they could have worked Kazumi in at least. Zero with tigers instead of lions. What a relief.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
There is a ticket that grants me double reward if I watch an ad. Which button is the correct one? Collect or Ad Free?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm is it worth getting Paul if I already of O.Iori?

After 15 spins, I got 7 Paul souls. Thats about 1 Paul soul every 2 spins and would take 400 spins to get Paul.

If I continue to get 5 free spins from quest and 10 for discount of 150 rubies for 21 days.

Thats

315 spins for 3150 rubies.

The Rest
85* 25 = 2125

So 5275 total rubies for Paul at current rate which is a lot.

But the free AS souls and Capsules are nice though. You're probably looking at 500+ Capsules and souls. If you look at each being worth 5 rubies (which is a huge discount) Paul only cost 2775 .

Also whats a good bonus to keep? I keep the best items but its seems like I should be keeping the 1 souls in the bonus since its appears so much more times.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

After 15 spins, I got 7 Paul souls. Thats about 1 Paul soul every 2 spins and would take 400 spins to get Paul.

If I continue to get 5 free spins from quest and 10 for discount of 150 rubies for 21 days.

Thats

The Rest
85* 25 = 2125

But the free AS souls and Capsules are nice though. You're probably looking at 500+ Capsules and souls. If you look at each being worth 5 rubies (which is a huge discount) Paul only cost 2775 .

Also whats a good bonus to keep? I keep the best items but its seems like I should be keeping the 1 souls in the bonus since its appears so much more times.

Really depends if you want a good green element fighter really. Also it's possible to luck out and just get him on the roulette which is what happened to me.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

Thats

The Rest
85* 25 = 2125

I feel like you'd be fairly likely to just get Paul himself in the roulette before you hit 200 souls. I spun the roulette 45 times and got Paul plus 60 ish(? IDK he's level 66 now and I only used Paul souls). Also, that seems like a very low amount of souls to get. I think you should definitely be trying to get the bonuses on the lower amounts of souls if you're trying to get him via crafting, you'd probably shoot up the soul per spin count up by a large margin

EDIT: Here's a Reddit post that says the average cost is 300-450, assuming you get all the free tickets: https://www.reddit.com/r/KOFALLSTAR...stics_and_optimal_strategy_for_paul_roulette/

I spent like ~700 or 800 rubies today on it but I really wanted Paul now

Also, the rate of getting Paul directly is 0.25%, as is his card

Last edited:

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Thats

The Rest
85* 25 = 2125

I ended up on the free spins doing capsules only because it kept going in that direction. had almost 50 boxes when I was done. When I put some rubies I ended up getting more paul souls x1 so I was sticking with that and I ultimately got paul after spending 500-750 rubies. If your luck is bad I would try to get the 3 of x1 souls because thats the more likely.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends if you want a good green element fighter really. Also it's possible to luck out and just get him on the roulette which is what happened to me.

Hmm my green is trash easily my worst color other than Purple which I plan to go all out of Orochi. Plus it looks like every green better than Paul is FES.

Also realized the discounted tickets reset every 8 hours so I would never need to use a full price ticket.

ALso apparently the optimal way to for souls bonused is 1x and 2x soul. Just keep whichever one you get two of first.

Sought After

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't know the Halloween banner characters have their Special cards in the exchange shop, and was able to trade 4 extra I'm not using after getting a few going for Zero's card to also get Kulas. Nice if your looking for hers or Angels until they add their regular version to the game, and it adds there Special cards to the regular pool.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It does legit feel weird getting such powercreep units so early in the game life, due to the 1 year difference between version.

For example, School Xiaoyu is just a better Shermie (purple defensive unit and everything), though grapplers not being good against bosses also helps with this.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know the Halloween banner characters have their Special cards in the exchange shop, and was able to trade 4 extra I'm not using after getting a few going for Zero's card to also get Kulas. Nice if your looking for hers or Angels until they add their regular version to the game, and it adds there Special cards to the regular pool.
Speaking of which, there's basically no reason to hold onto extra copies of Battle Skill cards, right?

Just trade them in for a different one?

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, there's basically no reason to hold onto extra copies of Battle Skill cards, right?

Just trade them in for a different one?
The only other uses would be to equip on another version of the character or to level up the duplicate card's level. I think the trade-in is the way to go.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The only other uses would be to equip on another version of the character or to level up the duplicate card's level. I think the trade-in is the way to go.
I wasn't even thinking of having duplicates for different versions of the same character. I have exactly four extras, but one of them is an extra card for Zero. I know there's only one version of him in the game, even in Japan, but what if they add another. 😱

But I want Kula's card...

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't even thinking of having duplicates for different versions of the same character. I have exactly four extras, but one of them is an extra card for Zero. I know there's only one version of him in the game, even in Japan, but what if they add another. 😱

But I want Kula's card...
Worst case scenario you can just move the card back and forth lol

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing this rush event but I'm having no luck getting Jin's affinity item (flag). Anyone else having this issue? I'm getting teddy bears and straps for days T_T

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, opening this game reminds me of 90's malware.

ADS EVERYWHERE!
Yeah, that's a huge negative I have with this game. I get they want people to buy shit, hell I spent $300 today just to get it Geese to lv90, but it's so obnoxious how in your face they are about it with all of their different packages.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Ads were obnoxious on startup. Also noticed theres a button for hide info for today. Also these new watch ad options are something else.
hey kids, you wanna buy a subaru?

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
It's crazy how this game is only out for a month in Global yet NM is doing whatever they can to bring it to parity with the year old JP release. It's like all those characters you guys got on release became instantly obsolete and the power creep curve happened on an exponential rate within a month.

OTOH it is kind of a blessing. In the JP release I waited forever for a decent green fighter to show after Goenitz who is locked behind FES banners. Now after just a month you guys get to have Paul for (nearly) free.

Oct 27, 2017
Got Jin on my 7th x10s pull, along with another Jin (60souls). I have him at level 66 with all cores and he seems even more OP than H Kula. Congrats to all who pulled him.

Since then, pulled another 4 10s on Tekken and got nothing.
And pulled 3 x10s on Tekken Cards and got the Option card and the Middle Set Card.
I've also bought Paul's roulettes maybe 3 times and only gotten souls.

What's people's opinion on the BF packs for sale? I'm very tempted by the 80+random rubies one...

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know the Halloween banner characters have their Special cards in the exchange shop
Thanks for the heads up. Had like 3 orochi iori battle cards I traded in (garbage basically) to get my ice Queen's card. Woot;!! Fuck yea finally my villian girl team is complete!!

Also don't think I'm gonna roll on this Tekken banner with my 9k crystals. The event seems to end in 20 or so days and I'm left wondering what comes after? (And how many crystals I'll have saved for whatever that will be around Xmas time...)

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get Jin on my first 10 pull! I was worried I would have to spend all my rubies on it. Now I can spend the rest trying to get the battle card for Leona before her banner ends today.

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
Got Jin on my 7th x10s pull, along with another Jin (60souls). I have him at level 66 with all cores and he seems even more OP than H Kula. Congrats to all who pulled him.

Since then, pulled another 4 10s on Tekken and got nothing.
And pulled 3 x10s on Tekken Cards and got the Option card and the Middle Set Card.
I've also bought Paul's roulettes maybe 3 times and only gotten souls.

What's people's opinion on the BF packs for sale? I'm very tempted by the 80+random rubies one...

The 80 rubies + random is the best deal by far. You either break even with 100 rubies or come out ahead with any other amount.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
def gonna be a tekken/mishima team in kof 15, huh?