• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, shite. :(

Also thanks very much mate, your level 90 Lady Chang has been very helpful in grinding the event... well, until you switched it to K' yesterday. :P
Blame the stupid system they have where your support unit is whatever you currently have as a leader. :/ If I could permanently keep Lady Chang as my support unit, I would. Was farming with red units yesterday.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I made a poor decision and dumped everything I had into the Ladie's banner (everything I had being 90 pulls)

The Good: got six 5*s, four of them being new (Lady Billy, Lady Yashiro, Kyo '97, Heidern '94 are new. Dupes of Robert '97 and Lady Yashiro.)
The Bad: no smol

C'est la vie.

I'll probably never build up to a selection ticket, tbh. Don't have the resolve for it.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
I made a poor decision and dumped everything I had into the Ladie's banner (everything I had being 90 pulls)

The Good: got six 5*s, four of them being new (Lady Billy, Lady Yashiro, Kyo '97, Heidern '94 are new. Dupes of Robert '97 and Lady Yashiro.)
The Bad: no smol

C'est la vie.

I'll probably never build up to a selection ticket, tbh. Don't have the resolve for it.

Ouch, sorry about that. Although I will admit I'm glad you made this post because I was feeling antsy and doing the whole "Should I drop these rubies to try for Loli Chang?" dance too. Now I shall remain determined to exercise discipline and save those rubies!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ah. I see it's time for my daily AS fighter 10 pull.

Back it up, boys.

EbMZsY.gif

Thank you for the daily allotment of trash, Netmarble.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 5*!

Brian Butler.... fuck everything.

Also a total of 2 logins yesterday in Kusoge. Might be heading over sooner than expected to KOFera.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
So with all the grinding that I did for the Pretty Fighters event I finally actually depleted my AP to zero and now have started to use tricks like "Skip ticket a bunch of battle card dungeons just before you rank up to abuse rank up refill of AP" etc.

It's weird, I feel like at this point it's not really the game content itself I'm having fun from, it's me trying to find ways to efficiently farm rubies/materials etc without paying a single cent because I feel outraged by all the ads I'm being asked to watch every day already. Is this the fate of everyone who plays gacha games eventually? :P This is my first real gacha game and it's so weird.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So with all the grinding that I did for the Pretty Fighters event I finally actually depleted my AP to zero and now have started to use tricks like "Skip ticket a bunch of battle card dungeons just before you rank up to abuse rank up refill of AP" etc.

It's weird, I feel like at this point it's not really the game content itself I'm having fun from, it's me trying to find ways to efficiently farm rubies/materials etc without paying a single cent because I feel outraged by all the ads I'm being asked to watch every day already. Is this the fate of everyone who plays gacha games eventually? :P This is my first real gacha game and it's so weird.
I'd say that is pretty common. F2P comes down to how much you enjoy maxing out your efficiency with resources so you can progress as far as possible and get as many of the cool things you want knowing that you cannot have them all.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Got evil blue mary by the cleaning up the rest of the missions in chapter 1 of epic quest 0. I know the epic quests designs are suppose to be futuristic but they look like something out of fashion trends from the 70s. Or better yet, rejected costumes from the matrix.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Final day of free 10s, got Summer Mai x2. So in the end I got K' and Mai. Not too bad, although I was hoping for Kula because she was super fun in Time Attack.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Final 10 pull? BACK THAT SHIT UP, BOYS

EbMZsY.gif

(reusing this gif just like how Netmarble reuses the same characters in every pull I do)

I got 1 AS fighter out of the 100 pulls (NY Vice). Thanks, Netmarble.

OP
OP
Burning Kasshu
Oct 25, 2017
Failed at getting Summer Mai with the free 100 pulls but got Summer K' and Summer Angel out of them so it wasn't a complete loss.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Final gold token got me Swimsuit Angel. (Bleh.) So I got everyone except Swimsuit K' (the one I wanted), and Swimsuit Mai.

Now to pity Swimsuit K' because I must support all beefcake endeavors in this game.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Final 10 pull? BACK THAT SHIT UP, BOYS

EbMZsY.gif

(reusing this gif just like how Netmarble reuses the same characters in every pull I do)

I got 1 AS fighter out of the 100 pulls (NY Vice). Thanks, Netmarble.
Still better than me. No AS in any free pulls, none from the pretty banner pulls either, and all this after having to pity FES Geese.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
2 NY Mais, NY Geese and Summer Kula. Just my luck I get 2 of the Nintendo approved Mai instead of the Summer one in all her glory.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
So by the end of the of the free gold summons, I got swimsuit mai. That leaves me with new years geese, swimsuit k', and swimsuit mai from 100 free rolls. I would have rather gotten swimsuit angel but this isnt bad.

Now the real question is if I should I keep rolling for the rest of the ladies or try for lady billy's special card.

Oct 26, 2017
In today's final free x10 pull, I got Swimsuit K', which is handy, because these New Year's gift boxes keep giving me his souls.

The only character I don't have from this Summer/Winter event is Swimsuit Angel, and I don't particularly want her. I used rubies on the Summer/Winter banner once and that gave me Swimsuit Kula. Everyone else I got through the free x10 pulls, so I've been incredibly lucky in this event.

Which means I must be due for some bad luck here soon.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Wow I dunno why I bit this expensive bait, but ticket offers gave me NY dupes. No summer Kula and I am not sinking a single more ruby into this >_>

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got swimsuit mai and kula on the free pulls.Trying to go for the set on the battle cards

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, my luck with these free 10-pulls was front-loaded as HELL.

Got Swimsuit Kula, New Year's Geese, New Year's Mai, and New Year's Mature in the first 4 days of the event but then got jack-squat for everything else.

I don't mean I got nothing but silver and bronze units, nooooo. I got fkn... THREE copies of '98 Lucky Glauber, a unit I'll likely never even touch lmfao

I'm still on the grind for Orochi but once his banner's gone I'll likely go for the pity pull on the All-Star banner so I can nab Swimsuit Angel. I gotta support my gal...

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Orochi is the only guy i want in this game. but i dont have rubies to get him, wish if there was another way., sucks.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
Orochi is the only guy i want in this game. but i dont have rubies to get him, wish if there was another way., sucks.

There is. Open your wallet. :P Even if you don't pull for him now, the Orochi banner is probably going to return later, so you can also save rubies for when that happens.

Alternatively I think there is a "False Orochi" https://thekingoffightersallstar.fandom.com/wiki/False_Advent_Orochi_(KOFAS) that looks like a reward for Epic Quest Episode 2.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Final day redeemed.

Got New Year Vice, Summer Angel and a Dupe Summer K'.

Total is New Year Vice, Summer Angel and Summer K'

Going to wait for the last day after all the gifts and 3 pull tokens to see if I want to pity for Summer Kula. It'll probably cost like 7-8K. Any other opportunity to get a Kula. Does she ever show up in the regular select banner? If so I'll just wait for that instead.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
There is a Kula 00 and Angel 01 that Japan has. I figure they will both be on Step-Ups (maybe the same one?) but I can't say for sure other than they are coming eventually.

I'm anxiously awaiting her release, not to pull for her but because it will hopefully mean her battle card is added to the exchange so I can grab it for my H. Kula.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kusoge is officially dead. Shut it down earlier today. ;_;7

I'll apply to KOFera tomorrow.

Also all my new year pulls gave me were Swimsuit K, and two of the 5* American Team. I guess it could have been worse.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
The past KOF Fest banners will eventually return, right? I missed Goenitz and XIV Geese cuz I was busy grinding the Tekken banners at the time, but I'd really like to snag both of them eventually.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
There is. Open your wallet. :P Even if you don't pull for him now, the Orochi banner is probably going to return later, so you can also save rubies for when that happens.

Alternatively I think there is a "False Orochi" https://thekingoffightersallstar.fandom.com/wiki/False_Advent_Orochi_(KOFAS) that looks like a reward for Epic Quest Episode 2.
There is something I don't understand about the epic quest .

My main are Jin Iori and Orochi Iori . All of them are level 90 with full core bored and 99 attack defense etc with the capsules you feed them .

However when I am at the boss of chapter 3 ? And it keep saying my power is too low . And fair enough I get my ass kicked easily . How do I increase their power levels already above mine ? Hell I even feed them -_-

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is something I don't understand about the epic quest .

My main are Jin Iori and Orochi Iori . All of them are level 90 with full core bored and 99 attack defense etc with the capsules you feed them .

However when I am at the boss of chapter 3 ? And it keep saying my power is too low . And fair enough I get my ass kicked easily . How do I increase their power levels already above mine ? Hell I even feed them -_-
If you notice, at the stage select in Epic Quest, you have these stat buffs for Atk, HP, and def. You will also notice that it shows "bonus reward" fighters at the bottom.

You're supposed to raise these stat buffs (and strategy buffs) in order to give you characters enough stats to take on the absurd power requirements of the later chapters/stages. And I'm not talking about raising the stat buffs to level 5 or something. I completed Epic quest completely and my stat buffs were around level 45 or so for each.

You raise these 3 stats by either:

1. Grinding stages you can do (preferably on auto) with the bonus reward units somewhere in your party (having them as strikers is what I do). If you did those Super Missions that gave you free units, you should have 2 out 5 for each chapter sans Chapter 4, where you'll only have 1 out of 5. These bonus units will give you extra of the stat buffs xp and strategy buff xp that you get at the end of a stage.

2. Do the daily Episode Missions for each chapter that give you 100xp of each stat buff.

3. Buy the 200xp buff items from the secret shop anytime they show up. They cost 20 rubies.

It will take a while and cost a lot of AP. It's the main thing you're supposed to go back to in this game (if you don't care about PvP that is).

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
If you notice, at the stage select in Epic Quest, you have these stat buffs for Atk, HP, and def. You will also notice that it shows "bonus reward" fighters at the bottom.

You're supposed to raise these stat buffs (and strategy buffs) in order to give you characters enough stats to take on the absurd power requirements of the later chapters/stages. And I'm not talking about raising the stat buffs to level 5 or something. I completed Epic quest completely and my stat buffs were around level 45 or so for each.

You raise these 3 stats by either:

1. Grinding stages you can do (preferably on auto) with the bonus reward units somewhere in your party (having them as strikers is what I do). If you did those Super Missions that gave you free units, you should have 2 out 5 for each chapter sans Chapter 4, where you'll only have 1 out of 5. These bonus units will give you extra of the stat buffs xp and strategy buff xp that you get at the end of a stage.

2. Do the daily Episode Missions for each chapter that give you 100xp of each stat buff.

3. Buy the 200xp buff items from the secret shop anytime they show up. They cost 20 rubies.

It will take a while and cost a lot of AP. It's the main thing you're supposed to go back to in this game (if you don't care about PvP that is).

ok thank you very much. i was wondering wtf i was doing wrong. The only thing that came to my mind was those option cards you equip are not maxed ( i only have the ultimate move card maxed out for all of them )

Thanks again

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
As cool as Kasumi is, I've heard that none of the Valentine's units are all that great so unless they run another banner at the same time it'll be a nice grace period in which to refresh your Ruby cache after the quadruple-combo of the Hassheku, Orochi, All-Star and Lady banners all back-to-back.

Wonder when we're gonna get Mukai and 03 Terry; after Orochi I hear those two are THE must-have units.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
As cool as Kasumi is, I've heard that none of the Valentine's units are all that great so unless they run another banner at the same time it'll be a nice grace period in which to refresh your Ruby cache after the quadruple-combo of the Hassheku, Orochi, All-Star and Lady banners all back-to-back.

Wonder when we're gonna get Mukai and 03 Terry; after Orochi I hear those two are THE must-have units.
Don't forget the Wonderland event we have for later this month.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get Ash, Mukai and Terry all in the next month or 2.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get Ash, Mukai and Terry all in the next month or 2.
God I hope not lol, it's bad enough that I'm considering whaling for Orochi; idk what I'd do if the other top-tier units all dropped at the same time.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like next month we'll get a valentine's event.
ENv-DZDGUUAAZUx1.jpg
SHOCKER. Though with us closing in on the Japanese release, I wonder if we'll get the inevitable JP Valentines 2 event. Though it seems that Japan hasn't gotten a New Years 2 event so who knows.

Looking forward to Terry myself. It'l be nice getting a FES unit that I don't have to worry about getting their special card again. Geese was a godsend for that reason.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
SHOCKER. Though with us closing in on the Japanese release, I wonder if we'll get the inevitable JP Valentines 2 event. Though it seems that Japan hasn't gotten a New Years 2 event so who knows.

Looking forward to Terry myself. It'l be nice getting a FES unit that I don't have to worry about getting their special card again. Geese was a godsend for that reason.
Unless they release buster wolf in which case I will not be able to resist.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
It took me 14 pulls to get Lady Chang and in those I didn't get Yashiro or Billy. While chasing Lady Chang's card (gotten on the 10th multi), I pulled 2 Lady Yashiro cards so I'm tempted to chase for her. However, I only have 900 rubies atm and would rather put those together with the Andy event rubies for the Wonderland banner coming up.