• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder what the point of 03 Terry's Power Stream special card is when Trinity Geyser seems to do more damage, have a larger effective range, and cost the same amount of PG.

Looks cooler, I guess?

Pretty much. It has a shorter cooldown which I guess factors into the slightly reduced damage but its not like you get 5 bars that fast to need those 3 seconds.

I may be wrong but it doesn't hit otg like Trinity Geyser either.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. It has a shorter cooldown which I guess factors into the slightly reduced damage but its not like you get 5 bars that fast to need those 3 seconds.

I may be wrong but it doesn't hit otg like Trinity Geyser either.
Weird that they'd design a FES special card and then make it objectively worse than a F2P card you can get with a selector ticket.

At least XIV Geese's Raging Storm did more damage AND had a bigger AOE; I can't think of any reason you'd want 03 Terry to take Stream over Geyser.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a livestream later today.

unnamed.png

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Those streams are always so rough lol, the audio constantly lags behind the video and the chat is crammed to bursting with a bunch of whiners repeating the same questions/requests over and over again until they get banned.

That said, this survey prize is pretty sweet! Free event battle card should help a lot with grinding the score attack this time around.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
First time I get to fill out one of these.

Can't decide if I should pick Kasumi's card if she's trully free, or go for Blue Mary and pick Kasumi from regular pool via exchange. Unless they give her card for free too. IF she;s free that is. I could've been lied to

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we can grind out more Heart Gift Boxes in the event. My Orochi Leona, both Jin, Xiaoyu, Paul and Armor King all need them bad.

The 3 Valentine gacha option cards are:

Increases ATK by 4%
Increases Critical Rate by 1.4%

Increases ATK by 4%
Increases Penetration by 3%

Increases Active Skill DMG by 4%
Increases HP by 3%

I don't think there is a set this time around.

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
The cards seem pretty lame and the specials are all in the normal pool. Not Mary but she has the 3PG card from the Epic Quest

Free is free I guess.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see how the girls outfits fit the Valentine's Day theme, but I like the designs more than the trio from last year that Global is getting soon.

I'm curious if Valentine's Mukai will be a FEST unit, like Silent Night Elisabeth was for Winter 2, or a heavily nerfed version of himself instead.

Rock's model looks good and you know people will go ham for him, they gonna get a lot of $ on that banner.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see how the girls outfits fit the Valentine's Day theme, but I like the designs more than the trio from last year that Global is getting soon.

I'm curious if Valentine's Mukai will be a FEST unit, like Silent Night Elisabeth was for Winter 2, or a heavily nerfed version of himself instead.

Rock's model looks good and you know people will go ham for him, they gonna get a lot of $ on that banner.
Idol Kula is a FES, so I don't think Mukai will be, but we'll see.

The Vday units being idols makes it easier for them to be put into Global at basically anytime.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The idols have a date for Japan, no word on Rock yet, but people are speculating end of Feb.

As for Global, it could be literally at anytime.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Read on Reddit that the 99 Chapter requires Rank 100 to unlock and has CP requirements of 17.8k for Normal and 25k for Expert.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
They're just datamines, so who knows when they'll release.
I know, but judging by how fast they're rushing out the global content I wouldn't even be surprised if we got both at once.
Sheesh, that would be quite the wall for new players. I'm already level 200-something, and I've got fighters that can go past 20k CP, but that's only 'cause I've been playing since October.
I honestly dunno how 25k CP is even possible; I've got a few units that are fully-maxed-out with all cores unlocked and evolved battle cards and yet they STILL barely break 20k.

Are we gonna need the super-OP Battle Card FES cards just to stand a chance?

Oct 26, 2017
I know, but judging by how fast they're rushing out the global content I wouldn't even be surprised if we got both at once.

I honestly dunno how 25k CP is even possible; I've got a few units that are fully-maxed-out with all cores unlocked and evolved battle cards and yet they STILL barely break 20k.

Are we gonna need the super-OP Battle Card FES cards just to stand a chance?

I've got the Tekken set cards, and a full set of the three fully leveled up Tekken cards raises your CP by around 8k-10k.

However, those FES sets probably raise your CP by even more than that.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ya know, it would be nice to get these V-day characters in our V-day too. I would love May Lee before her normal release here. And Alice, too.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Tekken set cards, and a full set of the three fully leveled up Tekken cards raises your CP by around 8k-10k.

However, those FES sets probably raise your CP by even more than that.

Ah yeah, I guess the collab cards would give you even more CP than the normal 5* cards. I only have two of the Tekken cards; most of my best units are just equipped with either the Kula or Billy Kane 5* sets which are just okay as far as utility goes.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I don't, I am way too broke for FES...

Somebody said we might get a FES selecter later down the line... if Idol Kula got into it, that'd be crazy and unlikely, but perfect.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Used all my free AIW fighter tickets and got Athena and Yuri who are my most wanted from the banner.

Athena since she a completely open leader. No limit in her leader skill. (I finally have a team to run O.Iori and T7 Jin). And my best PvE purple other than Orochi who is annoying as hell to play.

Yuri since she's really good in PVP.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Actually they are slightly different, like Paul and Iori.
Both are ATK +60% for Defense type, but Yuri has -10% HP while Whip has -10% DEF.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually they are slightly different, like Paul and Iori.
Both are ATK +60% for Defense type, but Yuri has -10% HP while Whip has -10% DEF.
Oh, I never noticed this. Same with Paul and Iori. I would say -10 def is worse for defense types considering a lot of them have skills that give them more attack depending on their defense.

Wonder which one is considered better for attack units though.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, the one time I couldn't wathh the stream.

Anyways, what bronze and silver units are good to level? I need low cost fighters for epic quest

TvCc6S3.png

Av7XlYR.png

These are the best ones, according to that Chain Quest guide video that was posted a while back. Still a lot of resources to dump into fighters you'll be using for just one mode though, so hope you've got square cores and battle cards aplenty!

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
TvCc6S3.png

Av7XlYR.png

These are the best ones, according to that Chain Quest guide video that was posted a while back. Still a lot of resources to dump into fighters you'll be using for just one mode though, so hope you've got square cores and battle cards aplenty!

Thanks! I've got a decent fighter in each colour already and I haven't had much to do besides farming gold and cores lately, so I'm just looking for stuff to do now.