• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
What's better to use first? The option selector card or use the tradable option card in the option card exchange.

Which have a larger amount of cards to trade for?

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
What's better to use first? The option selector card or use the tradable option card in the option card exchange.

Which have a larger amount of cards to trade for?
The Selector and Exchange Shop options for both the Special and Option Cards are exactly the same. I just sat down and compared them to confirm.

Edit: I also double checked and the selection of Option Cards are all the ones available that weren't Epic Quest, Descent or Event cards. Meanwhile, the selection of Battle Cards are ones for the all characters in the Selector + Joe, Choi, Chang and Clark (their 3/4 ★ versions are in the normal character pool so their cards are selectable despite not having non-AS versions above 4★ yet).

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
What are good leader skills for balanced characters?
The only one I have is Leona amd it's not really good, 30% attack and 10% critical rate.

Oct 26, 2017
The only one I have is Leona amd it's not really good, 30% attack and 10% critical rate.

The best one is for Sakura Festival Hinako, which is basically the Orochi Iori effect of +60% attack power and -10% hp or defense, I forget which.

She is not released in the worldwide version yet, but that may change in the next 1-2 months. Or, maybe even next week given how fast this game is trying to catch up with the asian versions.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I've been anxiously awaiting the Sakura Festival banner to come so I can get her. Until then, I haven't used my Balance characters much, outside of forced PVP weeks.

I have seen people say that Kyo is a good Balanced leader, with him adding 125% Burn to every attack a balance character does. I have him and O. Leona, but haven't really tested out if that's better than raw ATK % leaderships.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
sunk cost falacy is absurly strong with me. I was at 150+ souls with whip. and so idea that all of those are wasted since I never got her, I ended up using rubies to get remaining 50 to craft her, despite not planning to use her >_> Just simply cuz otherwise all these souls are of no use

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
ze3zviyxkoe41.jpg
Yes! Hope I can get Kula's card for my H. Kula. Also, I wonder what kinda banner Ramon and Nessa will be. I'd like for her to be in the main pool so I can exchange for her card, but I got a feeling it will be like the Wolves banner and that the two of them will be Ep 1 bonuses in the same manner.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
From the videos of seen of JP I think you might be right in that Vanessa/Ramon are the Starving Wolves replacement units for Ep 1

I've yet to pull either the fighter or battle card from any of these roulettes smh. Up the odds you cowards!

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO @ this datamine. The hairpin mustache got me good.

The best one is for Sakura Festival Hinako, which is basically the Orochi Iori effect of +60% attack power and -10% hp or defense, I forget which.
I've been anxiously awaiting the Sakura Festival banner to come so I can get her. Until then, I haven't used my Balance characters much, outside of forced PVP weeks.

I have seen people say that Kyo is a good Balanced leader, with him adding 125% Burn to every attack a balance character does. I have him and O. Leona, but haven't really tested out if that's better than raw ATK % leaderships.
I've been messing around with looking at lower cost units to prep for Chain Quests and the eventual 13-53 cost Arena and just realized that the silver Joe 97 has a leader skill at 6★ where he reduces the base CD of Balance character's skills by 1.5s. Combined with 2 maxed out Kula/K' or Maxima cards, that would be -5.3s. Might be a good Leadership for a Balanced team, particularly when doing low cost teams.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
May lee is the one of the batch I care about the most... Like sure, Kula's cute, but there's only so many Kulas I can use, before K in KoF stands for Kula... I definitely do not need two Kulas in the same color.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Just realised we didn't get a login bonus today and if you go to see the bonuses that are running doesn't show the normal weekly one that's there.

Hope they don't give us the JP one, it doesn't have any rubies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just realised we didn't get a login bonus today and if you go to see the bonuses that are running doesn't show the normal weekly one that's there.

Hope they don't give us the JP one, it doesn't have any rubies.
They just mentioned in their Q&A that we would get more opportunities to get free rubies. Immediately taking them away after that statement would be mega stupid.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
So, Idol Alice is another cash character like Schoolgirl Xiaoyu and apparently is the worst of the trio (surprisingly May Lee seems to be as the best)

Oh, gross. Definitely not shelling out for her then, not a fan of characters who are 100% paywalled.

XIV Alice is good though, right? Not that I desperately need another Blue unit when I've got Jin, Summer Kula and 95 Kyo, but she's my fave new character so I wanna use her.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: 1/2 AP for Power Up dungeons ends at 5pm PST when maintenance starts. I did all my normal dailies already, so all of my AP for the rest of the day will go to Gold / Cores.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good luck with the AIW banners. Spent 0 rubies and got.

AIW Athena
AIW Yuri
2 AIW Option Card
One of the AIW Set
Maxima Option card
Shermie Option card
King Option card

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Having completed the welcome festival missions and not having the just-expired events, the top right of the home screen feels oddly empty. Which kind of feels... nice?

OTOH, looking forward to normal Vanessa and Kula and possibly Valentine's May Lee.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
The Valentine's Idols are the Japanese event that just started. We are getting their event from last year with a free Valentine's Kasumi and gacha Blue Mary + King.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Valentine's Idols are the Japanese event that just started. We are getting their event from last year with a free Valentine's Kasumi and gacha Blue Mary + King.
Though considering they're an idol themed gacha, not a Valentines Day themed one, we can probably get this idols banner at any time.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Halloween 2 and Silent Night are the only banners I can think of where we'll likely have to wait for the holidays.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Halloween 2 and Silent Night are the only banners I can think of where we'll likely have to wait for the holidays.
I'm actually expecting Silent Night during the Summer. They did the whole "hot and cold" thing this past year with the swimsuits during New Years, so this year I'm expecting them to do the same during the summer. Hell, they can even do a "Christmas in July" kind of deal.

I agree about Halloween, but I wouldn't be shocked if we got it before then. Nothing surprises me with this game anymore.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
They'd have to rename them tho, considering they are still named "valentine *character name*". But yeah, we've gotten out of season seasonals, wouldn't be new.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
If we are getting the exact same login rewards as Japan, this is what it will be. RIP Rubies. Also, what's the day 5 reward?

Aerial status is when fighters are floating in mid-air while they're being attacked.
- While fighters are aerial due to basic attack combos, they will not stay too far above the ground.
- If attacked with skills that cause their targets to be aerial multiple times in a set duration, they will not stay too far above the ground.
Is the gravity change only for PVP or are we no longer gonna be able to do infinite juggles in PVE as well?

6) You can now purchase '97 King and '99 Maxima's Souls from the Soul Dust Shop.
Wonder if that means they will be added to the selector / normal pool as well.

8) Improvements to Projectile-based Finish Skills (ex. Haou Shikouken).
9) Improvements to Affinity items to make them easier to use.
Curious as to what exactly this entails.

Last edited:

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Game is up.

\o/ WOOT! 20 of the Heart Gift Box from the Valentine Check-In Event. I could use any good source of affinity they give us. I'm still working on 15'ing O. Leona, Jin x2, Xaioyu, Paul and Armor King for their 50 souls.

- As expected, Vanessa and Ramon banners are in the Private Shop with the Wolves banners.

- Also as expected, Kula roulette is the exact same as Whip. 7 free spins a day and 10x $1 for 30 tickets in the shop. May drop $10 again for those sweet AS souls jackpots.

- They did tweak it so that the Live PVP daily Event Mission now gives 1 Soul Token, rather than it being one of the 3 daily roulette tickets (those are Secret Shop x1, Weekly Card Dungeon and Epic Quest x1).

- That 10 affinity items for day 5 gives 50 affinity points each, so 500 every month for characters with no fav food / no access to their fav food (collabs after the event ends). It ain't a ton, but it's better than nothing.

- They removed the 5 minute CD on the 3x daily ads for Item Tickets in the mailbox.

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
There should be an actual banner with the 6 star special cards eventually including the Noah FES set

Also I don't know if they need to work on a new version of the cheat engine or whatever but Time Attack is cheater free, at least for now.

It's eerie lol (I'm 6th in Master)

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and got the Kula tickets. I mostly wanted her battle card to use on H. Kula + AS souls to limit break AIW Yuri (only lvl 65 atm).

7 free + 300 paid roulette pulls
Kula - 1
Battle Card - 0
Kula Souls - 239
AS Souls - 412 (+2 x2 in holding, waiting for a third)
KoF Souls - 306

Hopefully I get 1 (2 would be even better) of the battle cards for free over the next 13 days this is up.