• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to get through my free rolls and got lucky on my last 5
BjWofvg.jpg

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
With all of the buffs the SamSho crew got, Rim seems like she should be great for Ep 1 Chap 1.

I may still be building my buffs but now for the fights that we need to swap character types, I can use AIW Athena (also team lead) for Attack type, Rim for Defense type and Kyo 98 for Balance type.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
With all of the buffs the SamSho crew got, Rim seems like she should be great for Ep 1 Chap 1.

I may still be building my buffs but now for the fights that we need to swap character types, I can use AIW Athena (also team lead) for Attack type, Rim for Defense type and Kyo 98 for Balance type.

I hope so, getting him down under 150 seconds is doing my head in, i'm out by about 10 seconds everytime.......eugh

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The SamSho characters seem extremely OP, even more so than Tekken outside of infinite juggle T7 Jin. Plus since its an SNK IP, it comes back and gets buffed (Ala what happened in Japan)

I'm already planning to go full for Haoh since Red is my weakest color. Should take like 14000ish to pity since we will get like 40 pity moving free pulls if I'm unlucky.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I need all of these MotW characters stat...

With Rock + all of these coming at some point, I really need to save something fierce.
Now do a collab too w/ Kain, Grant, Marco, Hokutomaru, Freeman, Kevin, Jae-Hoon, and Dong-Hwan. That way we can have the whole MotW roster playable...

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was all set to save for Ash and then Rock until they decided to buff out Haohmaru. That had me struggling to wait but this might bring me back to more solid footing again.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got bored and decided to try out Championship again despite already getting my 5 matches to rank for the week. Considering that the only people who would be playing now are those with absolutely busted teams trying to rank diamond or gold, that was a mistake on my behalf. I always thought I had a whale team (Geese, GoNutz, Jin, Haoh, Chang, Terry), but I look like a guppy compared to the 3 Orochi/Mukai/O.Rugal/Terry/GoNutz/Geese teams I fought who killed me in one combo. The lag didn't help either, though it is better than what is used to be. Hope they fix US Server 1 soon.

2 gifts from auicc

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from auicc auicc!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

auicc said:
I have a couple of codes to give away for 500 rubies that was sent through email. To the winners: You can enter the code through either Options -> Enter Coupon -> e-mail Coupon(Samurai Showdown) if you are on iOS use this link: http://couponview.netmarble.com/coupon/kofg/1120 . Good Luck to all who enter!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Android Android: The King of Fighters ALLSTAR 500 Rubies Code - Won by rpm rpm (3 entries)
  • iOS iOS: The King of Fighters ALLSTAR 500 Rubies Code

2 gifts from Hamster0

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Hamster0 Hamster0!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Hamster0 said:
500 Rubies Coupon sent through email.

Options -> Enter Coupon -> e-mail Coupon(Samurai Showdown)

These are our awesome prizes:

• Android Android: The King of Fighters ALLSTAR 500 Rubies Code - Won by Hours Left Hours Left (1 entry)
  • Android Android: The King of Fighters ALLSTAR 500 Rubies Code - Won by ccbfan (1 entry)

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Man, I need all of these MotW characters stat...

With Rock + all of these coming at some point, I really need to save something fierce.
Now do a collab too w/ Kain, Grant, Marco, Hokutomaru, Freeman, Kevin, Jae-Hoon, and Dong-Hwan. That way we can have the whole MotW roster playable...

I mean...where's Seth and Lin, though? We still have 2000 characters not in the game yet and we're getting a bunch of XI characters. Not even the main XI characters.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Looks like Chapter 2 of Episode 1 might be starting in 4 days? Says 4 days remaining on the banner

Edit: wouldnt let me embed image

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hamster0

I got the code to work! :D

It wasn't the code itself that was the problem, it was the website. They apparently sent out the link to the wrong site for code redemption for iOS users.

If any other iOS users are having trouble, the following is the CORRECT website:

KOFALLSTAR Coupon Registration - Netmarble

Register your coupon and get rewarded!

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a couple codes for the 500 rubies. Not sure which of them I used since they weren't working for a while.

PM if you need one

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got Rimururu's Special Skill card now too. (And the Nako/Rimu option card.)

All done with my SamSho pulls now~ Now I just gotta get Haoh and Rimu leveled up ASAP.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Instead of giving me Angel's special card, roulette decided to give me a second frigging copy of he chacter. oh well, das still helps with crafting thecard

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer video + event.
facebook.com

SamSho Sizzle | The Samurai Shodown fighters are preparing for arrival! Watch this video closely for a little SURPRISE! Be sure to check the forums for a big event as... | By The King of Fighters ALLSTARFacebook

The Samurai Shodown fighters are preparing for arrival! Watch this video closely for a little SURPRISE! Be sure to check the forums for a big event as...

A total of 2 videos will be uploaded. 1 today and 1 on the 26th.
So make sure to follow us on Facebook and be ready!

Please see below for details on the event.

■ Event Period: 2/24 - 3/12
■ Event 1) Get rewards with the 2 coupon codes in the 2 Samurai Shodown Facebook videos!
■ Event 2) Get rewards when the videos get an accumulated 1,000/2,000/3,000 shares!
1,000 Shares: Samurai Shodown Fighter Gold Token x1
2,000 Shares: Samurai Shodown Battle Card Gold Token x1
3,000 Shares: Samurai Shodown Fighter/Battle Card Gold Token x1 each.

First code
So, it's the 27th now and and we never got the second video + Code on the 26th.

Surprisingly however, they have already hit 7.2k shares already on the first so we will for sure get the 2x SamSho character Golden Tokens and the 2x SamSho card Golden Token rewards. I kinda hope they are for Banner 2, since everything we got already (SAMURAI code, FB friends thing, Score Rewards) gives pulls for Banner 1.

Edit:
Just after I finished posting, I saw this:
The second code is SHODOWN

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Well, of course!!! It's the free golden ticket that gives me Rimruru's special card, not all the rubies i threw away in the trash ;; At least I got it >_>

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there will be a silver lining and you will end up getting something useful with the diamonds those trash pulls gave ya.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Were the Tekken set cards in the banner? Because I thought I got everything from that event and somehow I pulled all the skill cards without seeing the set cards once.

Never knew they existed till it's too late and they turned out to be the best set cards released so far :(

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
The free summons didn't treat me all that well and I had another 3 summons worth stacked up so I went for it. It paid off and I got Rimiruru and Haoahmaru back to back. So both of them in 5.4k rubies, pretty great. Not as good as my luck on the Tekken Vol.2 banner (which was pretty disgusting) but good nonetheless.

Hopefully there's enough rewards to get the both their special cards before the end of the event. The game tried to sell me the two for $60 lmao

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
It's not mentioned but Haohmaru has guard break on his third skill. I went up against a couple and he's super annoying in pvp. His reach is nuts. Since he can break guard there's guaranteed bleed on his third skill so he can start proccing stuns with any follow up attacks. I can only ban so many units.

Speaking of bans, wtf at Goenitz. If you blink you might end up dead he hits so hard. For whatever reason his epic quest special card does about the same damage as a 5PG special card (>2000٪ of attack) and it hits full screen! I've had some pretty solid connections in tournament these last few days but there's way too much shenanigans to enjoy tournament. Hopefully they make a low cost only version.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not mentioned but Haohmaru has guard break on his third skill. I went up against a couple and he's super annoying in pvp. His reach is nuts. Since he can break guard there's guaranteed bleed on his third skill so he can start proccing stuns with any follow up attacks. I can only ban so many units.

Speaking of bans, wtf at Goenitz. If you blink you might end up dead he hits so hard. For whatever reason his epic quest special card does about the same damage as a 5PG special card (>2000٪ of attack) and it hits full screen! I've had some pretty solid connections in tournament these last few days but there's way too much shenanigans to enjoy tournament. Hopefully they make a low cost only version.
Yep, Goenitz went from the worst FES to easily the top 3 currently in global. It's insane. If you get hit with his tornado, it does bleed and disables dodging, so you can't even roll out of it. Plus it really fast, nearly as fast as Orochi's lightning attack. If you see a Goenitz on the opposite team, he should be your top priority to disable from use. Doesn't help in Arena/League though. If you don't kill him in one combo, or he has the Tekken option card on him, you're in for a bad time.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably really late with this, but man...unless you're ranked no.1 in both Arena and League, dumping the 140 rubies every day into extra matches is totally not worth the investment. If you put in 140 rubies every day, for both Arena and League, it'll end up costing you 1,960 rubies per week. Now, this is somewhat mitigated by the amount of free rubies you get each day. You'd get 350 rubies each week from the daily missions, and 210 rubies from the daily ad. Plus there's the amount of rubies that you'd get from the time trials. For me, it's anywhere from 175-210 rubies, which I bet is the average for most people. So, with that in mind, it's around 1,200-1,400 rubies spent on a full suite of League and Arena matches.

If you're first place in both Arena and League, you'd get a total of 3,500 rubies, which makes the investment of 1,200-1,400 rubies worth it. For me, I've been getting in the top 10 of League, but either in the top 50 or top 100 of Arena. For me, my weekly reward has been anywhere from 1,200-1,400 rubies. I'm just barely breaking even on most weeks, so the investment is totally not worth it.

Since I got Orochi in the Kaya banner, I might be able to get higher ranks, but I won't try until I get him up to level 90.

All that aside, it looks like Rock Howard's not being rated very highly among his FES-level peers. Not that it will stop his fans from wanting to get him, but I thought that was interesting given how Pretty Zero and Idol Kula are apparently super crazy.

Also, Nakoruru might be releasing in the next couple of weeks, and...I find myself wanting to play the gacha for her. Dangit.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably really late with this, but man...unless you're ranked no.1 in both Arena and League, dumping the 140 rubies every day into extra matches is totally not worth the investment. If you put in 140 rubies every day, for both Arena and League, it'll end up costing you 1,960 rubies per week. Now, this is somewhat mitigated by the amount of free rubies you get each day. You'd get 350 rubies each week from the daily missions, and 210 rubies from the daily ad. Plus there's the amount of rubies that you'd get from the time trials. For me, it's anywhere from 175-210 rubies, which I bet is the average for most people. So, with that in mind, it's around 1,200-1,400 rubies spent on a full suite of League and Arena matches.

If you're first place in both Arena and League, you'd get a total of 3,500 rubies, which makes the investment of 1,200-1,400 rubies worth it. For me, I've been getting in the top 10 of League, but either in the top 50 or top 100 of Arena. For me, my weekly reward has been anywhere from 1,200-1,400 rubies. I'm just barely breaking even on most weeks, so the investment is totally not worth it.

Since I got Orochi in the Kaya banner, I might be able to get higher ranks, but I won't try until I get him up to level 90.

All that aside, it looks like Rock Howard's not being rated very highly among his FES-level peers. Not that it will stop his fans from wanting to get him, but I thought that was interesting given how Pretty Zero and Idol Kula are apparently super crazy.

Also, Nakoruru might be releasing in the next couple of weeks, and...I find myself wanting to play the gacha for her. Dangit.
The curse of Rock Howard being mediocre in damn near every game he's in.

Cool design though.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Got insanely lucky and pulled Haohmaru immediately after getting one of the SamSho battle cards with a free token, so I pumped all of the AS Souls I've been hoarding from the last few roulettes into him and now I've got a +45% score bonus Haoh ready for the grind, lol

Gonna keep pulling for his Special card bc the 3 PG cost ones are too valuable to pass up. Heard Amakusa's option card was invaluable in PVP too so I might go for that one too once the next banner drops.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
No luck with Haohmaru's card 50 summons in. I did get the two option cards and Rimururu's special. In a way I knew this would happen lol

I slapped the option cards on Haohmaru so when SP mode rolls around he's gonna gives a 55% bonus. I've got him set to my main if anyone is going for score atm.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been surprisingly lucky with this event.

I had a friend tap the 10-pull box for me (because why not) and it had TWO Haohmaru's in it.
Then I pulled Rimururu in the "SAMURAI" 10-pull. What the hell.

Shortly before this I landed on the Angel character in the roulette, the last free ad spin of the day. I guess I can happily spend the souls on her card then.

I tried another 10-pull today and got nothing but the usual Chang souls though. Oh well, back to saving up I guess.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Don't recall ever having to pity a special card. Man that sucked. Probably should have waited for the freebie summons if only to spare me 1200 rubies but whatever.

Not gonna touch the other banner so it's looking like I'm gonna save up for Nameless now. Hopefully he isn't tomorrow with how NM gets down lol

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
You are safe for at least one more rotation, since we got Nakoruru coming next. After her? Who knows. Ash? Ignis? Nameless? Surprise Rock outta nowhere? Anything is possible.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Been using Rim a lot. She is damn good.

Any quick way to make loads of money? I'm pretty much drained after leveling up Lady Billy and Rim.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Been using Rim a lot. She is damn good.

Any quick way to make loads of money? I'm pretty much drained after leveling up Lady Billy and Rim.
Make a gold farming team with Robert(s), King, and/or Xmas Chang/Choi. (The ones that have striker links that boost gold drop percentage.)

Then give all three characters the 4* set Occasional Holiday, which also boosts gold drops.

Run the daily gold dungeon ad nauseam.

Oct 26, 2017
Make a gold farming team with Robert(s), King, and/or Xmas Chang/Choi. (The ones that have striker links that boost gold drop percentage.)

Then give all three characters the 4* set Occasional Holiday, which also boosts gold drops.

Then run the daily gold dungeon ad naseum.

Yep, this is the way. If you have a team of Christmas Chang+Christmas Choi, 98 Robert+98 Yuri, and 98 King+95 King, and you give them all(except the strikers, I think?) the full "Occasional Holiday" set, then you'd earn a little over 80% bonus gold.

And, if I'm not mistaken, there's one of those "Hot Time" events coming tonight, so there's double rewards on the Power Up Dungeon and Epic Quest. Just have that team do a x99 AI battle on the hardest difficulty of the Gold dungeon. You'll be drowning in gold in no-time.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017

Run the daily gold dungeon ad nauseam.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot

EDIT: Wow, guys. Thanks for the tip. This seems to be doing the trick. I just down't have X-Mas Chang/Choi. The rest of the build I have.

Last edited:

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
And, if I'm not mistaken, there's one of those "Hot Time" events coming tonight, so there's double rewards on the Power Up Dungeon and Epic Quest. Just have that team do a x99 AI battle on the hardest difficulty of the Gold dungeon. You'll be drowning in gold in no-time.

Perfect. I'll be taking advantage of this later tonight then. I got a team of Robert/Yuri, King/King & Robert/Yuri all with the "Occasional Holiday" set. Yeah, this works like a charm.

Also is there a quicker way of boosting your rank. I see most people in our guild in the 200's while I'm still sitting at 142. I mean I play the darn thing just about everyday.