• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. I'll give it a shot

EDIT: Wow, guys. Thanks for the tip. This seems to be doing the trick. I just down't have X-Mas Chang/Choi. The rest of the build I have.
I don't have Xmas Chang either, so I use this team.

BWifTlK.png

Remember to give all three main fighters the Occasional Holiday set for the maximum benefit.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
New banner is up. Gave Genjuro a shot in time attack and he doesn't feel nearly as smooth as Haohmaru. His skills and passives are crazy stacked though if anyone is looking for a purple attack type.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get Charlotte (meh) and Genjuro (hell yeah), plus their cards without having to spend rubies. Cool.

Got everyone except Rimururu. I'm fine with this. I was only going to use Haoh and Gen anyway.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling that my luck was gonna run out after getting Rimu off the SAMURAI pull and Hoah's card off the SHODOWN one + Haoh from 3 multis. Well it came crashing down today. It took 8 multis before I got Genjuro (with Saisyu along the way as my only other 5★). Then I had to go to pity with the only banner card being Amakusa's option card. Lastly, I earned enough Diamonds for 2 pulls... Halloween Mature and 99x DEF Capsules. 🤬

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad that the Nakoruru banner hasn't arrived yet. I'm guessing it'll come next week, but either way; it's another week to save and earn rubies!

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
How come my lvl 85 characters are considered as Phase 6 and give 35% bonus, but when I look at shared lvl 85s they only get counted as Phase 5 and give 32% bonus? That seems weird.

Alas, I just ran SP 99x and got Amakusa + the card. I used all of my AS souls to get Haoh, Gen and Rimu to 85, while Ukyo is 71 and Amakusa is 60. With those 5 + 1 Amakusa's card I get a 200% coin bonus when I team up with Kewlmyc 's 85 Genjuro w/ Amakusa card. I'm running SP 75 more times now (exactly enough for my next rank up) to build up coins for future dailies + boxes. Not quite sure if I should go for Gold Mystery Boxes or the SamSho Affinity Mystery Boxes to get everyone to 15 for the 50 souls. What are ya'll's plan for the event shop?

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How come my lvl 85 characters are considered as Phase 6 and give 35% bonus, but when I look at shared lvl 85s they only get counted as Phase 5 and give 32% bonus? That seems weird.

Alas, I just ran SP 99x and got Amakusa + the card. I used all of my AS souls to get Haoh, Gen and Rimu to 85, while Ukyo is 71 and Amakusa is 60. With those 5 + 1 Amakusa's card I get a 200% coin bonus when I team up with Kewlmyc 's 85 Genjuro w/ Amakusa card. I'm running SP 75 more times now (exactly enough for my next rank up) to build up coins for future dailies + boxes. Not quite sure if I should go for Gold Mystery Boxes or the SamSho Affinity Mystery Boxes to get everyone to 15 for the 50 souls. What are ya'll's plan for the event shop?
My first plan is to get Amakusa to get more coin, then go for gold. The option seems pointless (I will get it eventually), but money, then affinity items are top priority right now.

Also I caved and got Rimururu.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Xmas Chang either, so I use this team.

BWifTlK.png

Remember to give all three main fighters the Occasional Holiday set for the maximum benefit.
Note about this. After doing the math, having:

• A gold team like this (even better if you have Xmas Chang and switch out 97 Robert)
  • Occasional Holiday set on each main fighter
  • The NY event option card "A Real Winner" on a unit

If you have the above or something similar (learn more about gold farming teams here), then farming the Hard level of the Gold Rush produces more gold than farming Decisive Battle EX of the SamSho event to buy gold boxes with a full team of lv 85+ SamSho fighters (plus a lv 85+ Samsho supporter) with one 6* King of Darkness option card.

If we treat the average gold box to be 10k (trust me, this is generous) and add the 800 gold you get at the end for level completion, then we're getting roughly 35,000 gold per run on average. This is with 25 AP cost.

If you have the exact team that HoursLeft posted, with 3 sets of Occasional Holiday and the A Real Winner option card, then you are making 43,968 gold per run on average. This is with 15 AP cost.

So, for example, if you have 375 AP max, and you wanted to farm some gold, then with SamSho with a fully kitted SamSho team, you're getting 525,000 gold per full AP run on average. If you farm Gold Rush Hard with the team I mentioned above, then you're getting 1,099,200 gold per full AP run. ...yeah.

TL;DR: Ever since the "nerf" Netmarble did to farming events by making you exchange coins for gold boxes instead of just gold, it's no longer worth it to farm events for gold. You're better off just farming Gold Rush Hard anytime for gold, or better yet, saving your AP refill items for the mini-events that lessen AP cost for Gold Rush to farm gold. Use this time to either farm Epic Quest or farm SamSho for the affinity items, NOT for gold.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Are we just gonna have 24/7 roulettes from now on? What is this, 4 in a row? DId they forget step up banners exist (even though these were normal pullable characters in JP)?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we just gonna have 24/7 roulettes from now on? What is this, 4 in a row? DId they forget step up banners exist (even though these were normal pullable characters in JP)?
Doesn't help that they are only doing 5 of the $1 tickets this time, and hiding the others behind $20 packages. And this is after them originally allowing you to buy tickets via in game currency.

This game keeps going "oh no, we're being too generous, dial it back". Guess they didn't like that most people were using them to hoard AS souls.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I think they know that no one will actually drop rubies on these characters with much better stuff being released left and right (maybe Kula since she's a favorite for I guess). The only thing I don't like is that they don't allow people to get tickets with rubies like with Paul's roulette.

I'd much rather have a roulette which lets me stack AS souls to the ceiling than a banner that I'll just ignore for 2 weeks. If I wanted these characters I might feel differently about it though.

Oct 26, 2017
The $1 roulette ticket packages only being limited to 5 is super lame. With 300 tickets, you were practically guaranteed to get a boatload of gold souls and enough character souls to craft the roulette character. That was my experience with the last two roulettes, anyway.

I guess you could still get a lot of gold souls with 150 tickets, but it's still a lame change.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The $1 roulette ticket packages only being limited to 5 is super lame. With 300 tickets, you were practically guaranteed to get a boatload of gold souls and enough character souls to craft the roulette character. That was my experience with the last two roulettes, anyway.

I guess you could still get a lot of gold souls with 150 tickets, but it's still a lame change.
They REALLY want you to spend the $60 on the 2nd package. It's a pure greed change.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it. How many people are gonna spend a potential 60 bucks on Mai? It's more dumb than greedy but still greedy.

I can only guess she's getting different treatment since she's a relatively new character to JP compared to the last 3 roulettes. Even then, they're screwing themselves out of a bunch of small purchases.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it. How many people are gonna spend a potential 60 bucks on Mai? It's more dumb than greedy but still greedy.

I can only guess she's getting different treatment since she's a relatively new character to JP compared to the last 3 roulettes. Even then, they're screwing themselves out of a bunch of small purchases.

Indeed. I'm much more likely to spend $10 on those tickets than I am to spend $20 on a single pack which only contains the same 30 tickets. I know I'm getting rubies and character souls, but it's not a good deal in my eyes.

I'd hope that Netmarble rolls this back, but I don't think it'll happen.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
In end I got 125 angel souls just by doing the daily 7 free tries. Missed like 3 days worth too. Didn't really care much for og angel since she appears late in the nests saga games. What I do care about is that there's no leona roulette and they nerf the ticket bundles.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
So is the SamSho event similar to previous event dungeons in that 3rd is best for grinding points and SP is best for grinding coins? I already have Amakusa but I wanna snag his Special card and the free summon tokens first.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any expectation of when we'll get those tokens for the two draws on SamSho characters and cards from the 3k share event? 3k was hit on the first video right away. Also, do we know if they will be for v1 or v2? I'm guessing one for each, but would prefer all be for v2 since we had so many v1 freebies already.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any expectation of when we'll get those tokens for the two draws on SamSho characters and cards from the 3k share event? 3k was hit on the first video right away. Also, do we know if they will be for v1 or v2? I'm guessing one for each, but would prefer all be for v2 since we had so many v1 freebies already.

I think the event period goes on until the 12th leaving a few days before the collab ends. They didn't specify which banners the tokens would be for. Hopefully there's at least something for Vol.2. The score dungeon and the lucky boxes you can farm all give Vol.1 tickets.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up! For today and tomorrow, the Gold dungeon drop rate is doubled. I don't have the perfect group, of +15% x3, but one 15 AP run of Hard gives me 88.9k Gold; I'm gonna farm the heck out of it.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up! For today and tomorrow, the Gold dungeon drop rate is doubled. I don't have the perfect group, of +15% x3, but one 15 AP run of Hard gives me 88.9k Gold; I'm gonna farm the heck out of it.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I just dipped below 10 mill again, so definitely grinding this all day to restock!

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I know why I haven't got any Samurai Showdown characters outside the free ones. In the last two weeks I got Omega Rugal and just pulled Orochi Iori off the free pull. I really want Haohmaru though :(

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies to those who were using my Genjuro + Amakusa card for coin grinding. I was basically running gold dungeon all day yesterday and will again today, so Robert will be my shared unit until the bonus ends. On that note, I was down to 200k gold and now I'm sitting at 33m and have another 24 hours to go. 💪🏾

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on the new chapter for epic quest? i keep getting my ass kicked by the damage reflect
When Yashiro switches to a specific color, and it's the color of your current unit, either:
  1. Stop attacking and just dodge everything. The color effect goes away after a while, (10s or so).
  2. Switch characters.
When Yashiro goes into his rage super armor mode, stop worrying about combos and start doing hit and run tactics. Having a character that has status effects (chill, bleed, shock, poison) helps here. Also avoid using grappling moves as they won't work against super armor.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been this unlucky on cards summons before. Never had to go to pity and I've now had to do it twice for 3PG cards. On the Vol.2 banner I only got 2 rate up cards the whole way through, it was tragic.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been this unlucky on cards summons before. Never had to go to pity and I've now had to do it twice for 3PG cards. On the Vol.2 banner I only got 2 rate up cards the whole way through, it was tragic.
I feel your pain. I had to go the full pity there too, and the only on banner card I got was Amakusa's option card.

Edit: Mentioning that card reminded me that if anyone is sharing a SamSho unit and has Amakusa's card, please put it on them. The extra 10% bonus for coins is always helpful.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Any tips on the new chapter for epic quest? i keep getting my ass kicked by the damage reflect
Always use color advantage characters, and against Yashiro, the last phase, like what kewlmyc said, and if you have characters with immunity, use the immunity and then combo then run and repeat.

I just have the low cost mission, 45 for 2-5, dunno who to use, probably Crazy Mary, Greed Rugal and Mai 94, if someone has better characters tell me please.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got Omega Rugal with my login Noah Tokens today! :D

I already had his special card randomly too from a free pull, so I feel pretty good~ (And I just got Iori '96 from my daily tickets. I don't think he's any good, but a free 5* is a free 5*!)

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
The only color I'm lacking a good character in is green. I've heard Nakoruru is really good, but I've read somewhere (maybe here, maybe reddit?) that Ash Crimson is absurd. Do we know how far off he'll be?

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only color I'm lacking a good character in is green. I've heard Nakoruru is really good, but I've read somewhere (maybe here, maybe reddit?) that Ash Crimson is absurd. Do we know how far off he'll be?
Well we are running out of FES characters yet to be released. Probably not long now until Ash hits. From AdawgDaFAB 's post earlier:

FEST units currently unreleased in Global
99 - Krizalid (Red Balance)
00 - Clone Zero (Red Defense)
01 - Igniz (Purple Attack)
02 - Nameless (Purple Defense)
03 - Ash (Green Defense), Terry (Yellow Balance), Mukai (Blue Attack)
XIII - Nest Kyo (Red Balance)
XIV - Nakoruru (Green Balance)
AS - Silent Night Elisabeth (Green Balance)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well we are running out of FES characters yet to be released. Probably not long now until Ash hits. From AdawgDaFAB 's post earlier:

FEST units currently unreleased in Global
99 - Krizalid (Red Balance)
00 - Clone Zero (Red Defense)
01 - Igniz (Purple Attack)
02 - Nameless (Purple Defense)
03 - Ash (Green Defense), Terry (Yellow Balance), Mukai (Blue Attack)
XIII - Nest Kyo (Red Balance)
XIV - Nakoruru (Green Balance)
AS - Silent Night Elisabeth (Green Balance)
Might as well not count Clone Zero since he's an unlockable with Chain Quest, which is coming soon.

Also to add to the list: Rock Howard, Idol Kula, and Pretty Zero.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Of the upcoming green FES characters, Christmas Elizabeth is probably the best, with Nakoruru and Ash being tied for second best. Ash is good primarily because he fucks over characters who have the burn or bleed status ailment--anytime he gets hit with a burn or a bleed, he gets a huge damage increase + super armor for five seconds. And well, there's a lot of characters who make their opponents burn and bleed. Nakoruru on the other hand has a shitload of stuff that hits OTG, so she has good combo potential, and she has an interrupt skill(a skill you can use when being attacked). Christmas Elizabeth just has the best overall skills, cores and effects(hyper armor, health regen, damage reflection, damage reduction, and more) out of the three.

Who you would want I guess comes down to personal preference. If you want a good leader skill for a team of Green fighters, then wait for Ash. If you want someone who could help you get higher ranks in Arena/League, then go for Christmas Elizabeth or maybe Nakoruru.

I'm personally trying to pull for Nakoruru, but the gacha gods forsake me. I'm half way to getting the pity ticket and no Nakoruru.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to all who replied. I don't have a personal preference as far as the character goes, so I guess I should put it off for as long as possible to get the most rubies ready for the pulls. I've been really lucky so far with who I've pulled for, so I think I'm due for a slump. Maybe Christmas Elizabeth can wait several more weeks and I'll be prepared for her.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, they are really fast tracking things now.

http://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/9104

They are taking down the Championship mode and when it comes back, supposedly with technical fixes, they will have the rank rewards. I'm personally not looking forward to that at ALL. I find the Live PVP to be such an agonizing slog.

In the next update, a new Arena will be available, called the Infinite Battle.

Team Relay Dungeon
Many of you have trained various fighters over the past 6 months. However, we're aware that you guys are only utilizing a few of the many available fighters.
To help with that, we have the Team Relay Dungeon is currently in development.
There you can utilize up to 15 fighters strategically.
Infinite Battle & Team Chain Quest? Yes pls.

'99 Story
And...
the '99 Story, which so many of you have been waiting for, will finally be revealed.
We've worked hard on and hope you enjoy it!

In the meantime, the False Halloween Event will be available soon (right after the Samurai Shodown collab). Please stay tuned.
'99 Story before we are even finished with EQ Ep 1? Halloween 2 event in March? Wat?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Halloween 2 event in March? Wat?
This is the wildest one to me, I would have thought they would at least have the decency to wait until October to run the next Halloween. Maybe like Halloween 2 in early October and then the current Halloween actually around Halloween time. Who the fuck wants a Halloween event in March

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halloween 2 event in March? Wat?
It's to be expected honestly. We'll get Sakura festival afterward, then probably Christmas. In terms of events in KR/JP that we haven't gotten yet, there's not much left. I look forward to the day that we are day and date with the JP/KR servers. Though, if they merge the servers, I'll be terrified.

And yeah, LivePvP is a slog, but is finally manageable with me when using an ethernet connected iPad. That doesn't change the fact that if you don't have units that are meta approved (super armor and/or immunity), you're pretty fucked.