• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Also... reading the above posts, I really need to level up my Kazuya. I even have his card. He's just sitting around at lv60 not being used. I wish I could do his soul quest.
If you don't mind spending a little on the game, then when a roulette is active it is worthwhile to buy some of the $1 for 30 roulette tickets. Exclusively focusing on getting AS soul bingos makes it way easier to lvl 90 collab units (seasonals too, but those can at least be grinded in Soul Quest). If you are lucky then you'll also get whatever featured unit / card on the roulette is as well.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
so i took a punt on the noah banner........got all 3 set cards terry option, buster wolf and mary special....i think i've used up my luck for the year

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Last minute Genjuro and the Noah set have absolutely murdered my ruby stash. Thankfully Halloween Heidern can (hopefully) be gotten for free.

I hope Nameless isn't for awhile now. I was all ready for him, but now I'm poor AF.

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to pull Halloween Heidern in the free summon ticket given out through the daily quests.

Well, now his tokens can go straight into souls. Hopefully I get that lucky with Mary and Xiangfei!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
This Halloween event seem too good to me.

So every character/card can roll bought or rolled?

After using up all my boxes. I got 36 medal for 22 boxes. (Extremeely unbalanced though only 5 Xiang fei)

The event last 23 days

9 boxes from quest = 207
3 boxes from shop = 69
So 276 boxes from daily stuff.

140 from mission

60 from check in

476 total boxes.
43 fighter summons
33 card summons

With decent luck we should be able to get everything except all the Heidern coins stuff, no clue why you need 400 more Heidern coins than anything else..

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah turns out it was a bit of a waste. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the message.
I've just been hording my fighter tickets to see if we get an upgrade to the same pool as the Noah banner (IIRC, the Japanese version did that when the Noah banner was introduced).

Edit: WHOA! I finally got a code email, after playing since day 1 of global and only getting generic PR fluff fan kit emails thus far.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
So I had leftover samsho tokens in the inbox that expired. I only got a charlotte card from the tickets, and a rimururu from samsho banner. Not the greatest luck. But at least leona 96' is finally in the game.

Oct 26, 2017
This game really wanted me to get Halloween Heidern. Not only did I get him in one of the free summon tickets from the daily quests, but I pulled him again in the free x10 pull, and the token boxes keep giving me Heidern tokens!

Right now my token amounts are:

Mary: 34 tokens
Xiangfei: 44 tokens
Heidern: 144 tokens

At least I can level him up pretty quickly, I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
Ignis banner after Nakoruru. May Lee roulette after Leona.
Alice XIV coming as well, but release details are unclear.

https://www.facebook.com/Kofasbr/photos/a.2405849123066410/2558824987768822/

I'll skip Igniz. I'll try getting May Lee in the roulette.

I like how the post mentions that Alice would possibly be getting her own banner. Her own banner?? She has to be in a roulette. If she was in her own banner, I won't even bother trying to get her.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Some datamined info people have been finding for Alice looks weird. They've seen character/card token packages for her and even a card package like the Samurai Shodown characters had.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Even though I have purple attack characters (Halloween Kula and Lady Yashiro) but I'll pull for Igniz since he looks good. xD

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can only see me pulling for:

1. Idol Kula
2. Rock (though apparently he sucks)
3. Either Ash or Christmas Elizabeth. Probably Elizabeth.

I might also go for Nameless, as I do want 2 purple FES, but Genjuro might as well be an FES. Same with Red and Haohmaru.

Igniz looks cool, and he's apparently super good in LivePvP, but if I start pulling for units good in livePvP, I'll never stop pulling.

Then again, I have Mukai and Pretty Chang despite saying I wouldn't , so I'm full of shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Igniz is good news since I don't want him. Gotta work on my stash.

Worst case scenario for me would be Nameless and the next FES set dropping at the same time although that's unlikely.

Then again I said it better not be Terry 03 the day before he dropped, jumping the queue on multiple older FES units.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Only chaacters I still want and don't have some version of are May Lee, Ash and that's about it? ANd with May Lee, i in particular want her idol version so that's some time off. I might actually be able to gather enough resources for that. ANd if her regular version is on roulette, that's my chance for free special card.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Only person I must pull is rock so it sucks that hes bad hopefully he gets buffed before he reaches us. I will never drop below pity ruby levels in case he drops.

The idol series is probably the next banner I'll save for since it's basically two fes quality characters in one banner.

Everything else I'm probably skipping unless I get lucky on the previous stuff.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, I got random K' special card from daily freebie and as if rigged, golden pull ticket I got from logins got me K' lol

Also got Halloween Xiangfei off special mission gold ticket as well

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
So, I got random K' special card from daily freebie and as if rigged, golden pull ticket I got from logins got me K' lol

Also got Halloween Xiangfei off special mission gold ticket as well
I didn't get his card, but the login coinc gave me... 2 of K'. I didn't have him so it's basically him and 60 free souls. The mission completion coin for halloween got me Mary (thank goodness) so I'm only waiting for enough coins to get Xiangfei... if the thing would stop giving me Heidern.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting lucky with the new Halloween fest.

From the freebies got.

Mary
Heidern
Xiangfei coin needed set card
Mary special card
A kula set card

Already have enough coins for the set cards and the options cards.

Only thing left is coins for Xiangfei which I probably won't have enough. My Xiangfei coin luck is terrible. I have 2x the amount of Mary coins and 5x the amount of Heidern coins.

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa--I'm down with that design. I think I'll try getting her in the gacha*

That aside, the name "Pretty Big" or "Lady Big" is really silly. It might cause confusion, but I kind of hope that in the western version she keeps the "Mr." in "Mr. Big".

*pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't come out in the west for a while

EDIT: Actually, why isn't she called "Ms. Big"? Maybe that's what the western version will go with.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I actually think her being called Pretty Big is hilariously tongue in cheek, along with her presentation anyway. That EX skill, hahahaha

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa--I'm down with that design. I think I'll try getting her in the gacha*

That aside, the name "Pretty Big" or "Lady Big" is really silly. It might cause confusion, but I kind of hope that in the western version she keeps the "Mr." in "Mr. Big".

*pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't come out in the west for a while

EDIT: Actually, why isn't she called "Ms. Big"? Maybe that's what the western version will go with.
She'll be out in the west by summer. In terms of missing FES units, we're not far behind anymore. Only missing Ash, Nameless, Christmas Elizabeth, Idol Kula, Pretty/Lady Zero, and Rock Howard. If we keep getting banners every two weeks, it won't be long at all.

Oct 26, 2017
She'll be out in the west by summer. In terms of missing FES units, we're not far behind anymore. Only missing Ash, Nameless, Christmas Elizabeth, Idol Kula, Pretty/Lady Zero, and Rock Howard. If we keep getting banners every two weeks, it won't be long at all.

If the release schedule will indeed be like that, then we'll see Ms. Big in July. Which, I should have at least saved up enough rubies to get close to a pity summon. That'll be acceptable.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Got Igniz but had to reach the pity.. that was painful specially that I didn't really need a purple attack fighter, I just wanted him because he looked cool, never again.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, why didn't Pretty Big look like this?

I want to like the Pretty fighters but the fact that all but two look like ten-year-old girls is skeevy as hell.

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding Pretty Big/Ms. Big, there seems to be some confusion regarding her upcoming release.

She apparently won't be in a gacha banner? According to the Japanese website, she's available in a "pass". I wonder if that's like Schoolgirl Xiaoyu and Idol Alice, then.

The website also mentions "mileage rewards", which further muddles things. Is it like when you pull a FES unit in the gacha and you get that special offer for rubies and character souls? Hmmm, will Ms. Big even be a FES-level character, then? She would be the first FES character that you could outright buy, in that case.

She releases in Japan and Korea on the 27th, so we'll soon find out.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about just "pay money for it" characters. Conflicted. Makes it easier to get said character in the long run, but still feels scummy for some reason.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so I have seen "mileage" in some other games i have played. Assuming it's the same kind of thing, it's essentially another currency you get when you buy things in the shop (either rubies or $$$). Once you get enough mileage collected then you can use it to buy other things in a special mileage shop. So it sounds to me like "Pretty Big" will be obtainable in the special mileage shop.

Not sure about the "pass" part. There are Japanese games that have a monthly "pass" you can buy to give you special bonuses (Uta Macross comes to mind), but I'm not sure how something like that would fit into KoFAS. It could be a straight up cash purchase like was mentioned above, but calling it a "pass" seems kind of weird to me.

Also, Igniz is not being very nice to me. Hoping this does not end up a repeat of Nakoruru, where I had to pity both the character and the card for the first time...

Oct 26, 2017
Details for Pretty Big/Ms. Big were revealed on a recent stream. Looks like she's a red defense fighter, and she is a FES-grade character.

Notable details for her:

-One of her skills gives her hyper armor, plus it's an interrupt skill.

-One of her skills grants her +attack based on a percentage of her defense.

-Leader skill gives +50% defense to defense fighters. Give her a full Summer set, and her attack would get to monstrous levels.

-One of her cores is a time bomb stun; as in, hit her and you'll be stunned 6 seconds later.

I still have not read about how exactly you obtain her. Maybe tomorrow, we'll know.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, tales of the rays launcehd their co-op in beta... and what this has to do with KOF?

Well, how come a game that was never supposed to have multiplayer runs better with 3 players, than this game, designed with multiplayer and pvp in mind does with just 2 players ?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Three new characters datamined for the Japanese release, two of them being FES.

Baseball Vanessa (FES)
Baseball Shermie
Adelheid 2003 (FES)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
About that spoiler...

kha5M0z.jpg

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Got Orochi Shermie from the 10 token yesterday as my first fes. She has awesome hitstun. Though, these no favorite affinity item characters require a lot of gifts.

Btw, can't wait for 99'.

waxinlyrical

Oct 25, 2017
I heard 99 story was hard (like Epic Quest level hard) so don't expect the ruby fest that 94->98 are.

Also while I love Vannessa I hate her baseball look :(

unknown.png

Oct 26, 2017
Baseball Vanessa is tempting to get, because the only purple FES I have is Orochi, and I hate how he plays. It'll all depend on her cores and effects.

Pretty Big/Ms. Big is indeed only obtainable through using real money, not rubies. I don't know how her section in the shop works exactly, so I don't know how much money is actually needed to obtain her.

EDIT: It seems that obtaining Pretty Big will cost $115? There's a $100 package available in her shop which will outright unlock her, but you need to buy one $5 package and one $10 package to be able to buy that final $100 package.

Not sure if worth it. On the plus side, her shop is available for a little over one full month, so you could theoretically save up money if you really wanted her.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Did 6 impulse singles at halloween card banner, on of-chance of lucky Xiangfei special card. paid off somehow, got it. Weird inconsistent luck