• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Just announced at Taipei Major 2019 a little earlier after its DOA6 tournament wrapped up. Releasing June 18th alongside a patch bringing balance updates and game features.

Direct capture of the trailer from the stream, will replace with an official source when it's up.
Official English trailer:

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Kula? Shit. I mean I guess I could buy DOA6...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
DNaiDEaX0AEhG9s.jpg:orig

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of DOA but they really did Kula justice here. A lot of the same moves, just like Akuma in Tekken 7. Very good stuff.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Not surprising to see Kula be the second SNK pick, as she's the "it" girl for KoF. Even SNK themselves have mention this popularity, and is the reason why they are pushing her these past couple of years.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising to see Kula be the second SNK pick, as she's the "it" girl for KoF. Even SNK themselves have mention this popularity, and is the reason why they are pushing her these past couple of years.
In addition, there had also been a couple of promotional wallpapers put out by KT back with DoA5:LR, one with Kasumi and Mai, the other with Marie Rose and Kula. Based on this, along with Kula being one of the poster girls for SNK Heroines alongside Athena (no idea why anyone thought that it could be any character who wasn't both in KoF XIV AND in SNK Heroines), it was reasonable to conclude her as the most likely choice even before the datamine for DoA6 leaked it.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Really wish we got a grappler instead. Blue Mary would have been sick, but Tizoc/King of Dinosaurs would have been legendary.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Official english trailer on Twitter.

Did the Virtua Fighter characters and Mai get new costumes after their reveal in 5? Because "Debut costumes" makes it sound like these two will get more down the line

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Did the Virtua Fighter characters and Mai get new costumes after their reveal in 5? Because "Debut costumes" makes it sound like these two will get more down the line

VF characters got dlc costumes as everyone else. Mai never got anything past her debut pack would be great if it was different this time.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

VF characters did, Mai didn't. Seems they're continuing with not dubbing the KoF characters... fine by me, I still don't like the dub for DoA anyway in spite of other fighters minus Xrd -SIGN- having good ones these days (plus, I can't really picture anyone other than Yumi Kakazu as Kula anyway).

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or Kula's VA is Kugimiya Rie?

Also, Koei Tecmo obviously didn't stop with the costumes hahaha

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a day when I finally buy a fighting game in the DOA series? o_o

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They couldn't even give the girls 1 unique dlc costume? This is all rehashed content being sold back to us.

I already paid for Mai and those costumes when she debuted in DOA5LR. With almost virtually no new changes.

Kula on top of the 3 other underage girls. Is just too much. At this rate there will be more females in the game that look like preteens than women.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Why TF do they just WORK here? I feel like we could have an entire KOF game made by Team Ninja...

Kula on top of the 3 other underage girls. Is just too much. At this rate there will be more females in the game that look like preteens than women.
I don't understand what's inherently wrong with her being or looking underage. All of her costumes seem to be fairly neutral...

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember in a Discord server I used to frequent, this one guy went on a rant when Mai was first announced as DLC for this game, saying that thanks to censorship and "the SJWs", Mai would be nothing like her Dead or Alive 5 version ("she'll be toned down and with more clothing and uglier") and that they shouldn't cave to those groups of people. I called him out on it and he told me to wait for the trailer to see that he was right.

And we finally got the trailer. And she looks every bit as Mai as she did back in DoA 5 lmao. Maybe even more! Wish I could rub it in that guy's face lol.

On topic, Mai was my favorite character (played her by random chance one day and immediately got good with her attacks) back in the early KoF games that I had so now I REALLY want to buy Dead or Alive 6 and get this DLC.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Leaked awhile ago. Not particularly exciting.

I feel like without a proper relaunch, the game will continue to flounder.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Geese isn't in because he's in Tekken.
Honestly pretty great picks

Game hasn't gone cheap enough for me to pick up but it's in the wishlist now
Keep in mind it's free to play on every platform! You get 4 characters and all the single player content outside of the story mode, + all the online content.
Each character is like 4€ each, and there's packs too.
I remember in a Discord server I used to frequent, this one guy went on a rant when Mai was first announced as DLC for this game, saying that thanks to censorship and "the SJWs", Mai would be nothing like her Dead or Alive 5 version ("she'll be toned down and with more clothing and uglier") and that they shouldn't cave to those groups of people. I called him out on it and he told me to wait for the trailer to see that he was right.

And we finally got the trailer. And she looks every bit as Mai as she did back in DoA 5 lmao. Maybe even more! Wish I could rub it in that guy's face lol.
Seen that elsewhere lol, wonder if it was the same guy :p