• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update:
www.gematsu.com

The King of Fighters XV launches in 2021, reveal trailer and screenshots

SNK has released the reveal trailer and screenshots for The King of Fighters XV, which confirms the game will launch in 2021. Platforms were not announced, but another trailer is planned for releas…

We got leaks ?
SPOILER_1610050011184.png

1610052306277.jpg

HALI3XP.jpg

AiQKmu8.jpg

xXEmc42.jpg

1159329.jpg

1159331.jpg

From https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/...n-the-king-fighters-xiv-ultimate-edition.html (they apparently put these screenshots for KOFXIV UE instead of... well, KOFXIV UE screenshots.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We got leaks ?

1159329.jpg

1159331.jpg

From https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/...n-the-king-fighters-xiv-ultimate-edition.html (they apparently put these screenshots for KOFXIV UE instead of... well, KOFXIV UE screenshots.)

Stylistically this already looks much better than KoFXIV...but a big fan I am still not. :/
It is also disappointing that they don't make more use of the next gen consoles here. If you look more closely at the polygon models they are quite low polygon. Kyo's face, his hair, his jacket...

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a step above even SamSho, but has a good look overall.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could totally see SNK reciclying Nakoruru model

OP
OP
Magneto

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stylistically this already looks much better than KoFXIV...but a big fan I am still not. :/
It is also disappointing that they don't make more use of the next gen consoles here. If you look more closely at the polygon models they are quite low polygon. Kyo's face, his hair, his jacket...
Yeah this is where i'm at too. We won't have a KOFXIV situation, but it's still kinda weak.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm #TeamReal

"Only two more hours to go before the reveal."
*door gets kicked open*
"Cancel the event! They're going to MvC:I!Chun-li Mai if we release it in this state!"

Her body is odd, but the face is nowhere close to create the same outrage than MVC:I Chun Li

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good enough for me, as long as the animations are fluid I'm more than happy with those graphics.

Oct 25, 2017
That Mai definitely looks like an altered version of her KoFXIV model.

Not saying it's fake or not, just that what we're seeing is still very derivative of the last game and not really all that graphically impressive by any means.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Probably not related to the delay.
It probably might be? Because it's a state of emergency and there may have been orders to stay in place and not head to where they were doing the reveal as a group. Japan handles these things differently from the US.

I'd like to have seen a trailer or something, but they probably wouldn't want to show it without being able to talk about it. Same with the S3 trailer or whatever for SamSho.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I'd rather they just go the SamSho route . While I'm happy one of my mains no longer looks like a melon head the super smooth sterile look of these characters is off putting .

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
SNK choose the best picture to showcase how fucking dumb is Shun'ei design

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
SNK choose the best picture to showcase how fucking dumb is Shun'ei design
He's just so over designed. If they fixed his pants, took off his headphones and removed the tie he would look fine, but it's just too much.

In the KOF New Beginning manga he takes off his headset, coat and the things on his arms and looks much better, though I still think fixing his pants should be a priority lol

unknown.png

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Reminiscent of SamSho on a technical level (as far as one can judge by these pics at least) . Looks good and real to me. Shame they delayed the trailers.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So no big changes in the art department assuming these are real then.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly at this point I don't care how it looks, just put rollback in the game and I'll buy it

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in regards to the Mai design being similar to 14's, Shun'ei and Leona's designs seem to be almost the same too

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the spanish article posted in the OP, is funny how the writer copy pasted and then translated SNK's press release without realizing that they were having the world premiere of KOF XV