• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I won't let that happen! We don't need China and, frankly, would be far....
....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..
....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....
....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn't. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Literally, his mission is to just upset the world order. The more divided the world is, the happier Putin is.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the stupid shit this man posts on twitter is no different than when i think of some hot take and then rush to post it on twitter.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This dude loves Xi I thought. He'll come back around in a few weeks when Xi brings some honey over.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Why is so much power concentrated in the president position exactly?
Becuase the idiot republicans enable him. They don't care as long as he's on their team.

They could easily neuter him/get him under control with the democrats if they wanted to with as much control as they have.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Uh......no?

Like lmao what're you gonna do about it? Your word ain't no reason to bow, dumbass.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah why don't you give them time and the incentive to do this before starting a trade war and putting them in the position we're all in right now?

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Eh... I sort of agree. I think it would be much better if businesses didn't solely rely on a authoritarian dictatorship. To be fair though, I'm not sure if businesses would seek out a fair democratic business havens. They'll still favor authoritarian dictatorships. :/

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
so 25% more tariffs? I thought it was postponed until Christmas or something

also what is happening to the stock market

OP
OP
Steel

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so 25% more tariffs? I thought it was postponed until Christmas or something

also what is happening to the stock market
No, it wasn't postponed. They only postponed electronic products like cell phones and consoles to avoid pissing off the voter that needs to buy an iphone as an Xmas present, but they're still on for the first for the most part.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I can't imagine investment bankers have much patience for Trump left. I'm not a fan of their industry, but even they have to be done with Trump's idiocy. He's really bad for business, low taxes don't count for much when the market is this unstable.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Literally, his mission is to just upset the world order. The more divided the world is, the happier Putin is.

Yep. Putin did the same thing with Europe and Brexit. It's scary just how well their social media blitz worked. And the world isn't doing enough to stop it from happening again. The trolls still infest the internet, turning the people against each other.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
If we actually tried to do this, what would happen lmao

This is hella impossible right

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
wait, does this include Apple? so they will have to stop getting stuff made by Foxconn?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
If journalists had any courage they'd ask him on live TV when he'll stop making MAGA hats in China.

But they won't.