• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.

There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

Translated from HN.cz

"I think the game will be paid tomorrow, and anything over a million sold will be nice for us, and we are about to be in two days (from the release) to half," Czech TV Vávra said on Wednesday evening. Development, according to him, stood at hundreds of millions of crowns. It is probably the most costly game in the Czech Republic.

On the Steam platform, the world's largest digital copies of games, Kingdome Come is currently the fourth most played game with about 70,000 active players . It is also the best-selling game. Martin Klíma of Warhorse Studios announced on Wednesday.cz that in over two days, they sold on Steam over 300 thousand digital copies of the game. Sales figures for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available for up to a month.

SteamSpy is sitting at 177.000 copies. (4 days behind)
Highest peak is 75.071 players.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Amazing response! I'll grab the game once I've done my backlog a bit more and some patches are released. I would actually like to play the game with funny bugs involved but the crashes are holding me off atm.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Really dig the medival simulation aspect and the world.
Gonna hold off for now until they patch some of the bugs and hopefully change the save system. Really dont like that aspect.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an audience for it. Hopefully means we'll see more of the same moving forward. There aren't enough "straight fiction" or "historical fiction" action games out there.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome job, heard the game's pretty great. Hoping they patch a better save system in; really disappointed to hear I can't save on exit right now, but I saw a RT from the guy in charge of the game saying that they might have save on exit.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Great to hear. Regardless of Vavra's person, you want the development of these focused singleplayer games to be able to be sustainable, especially when they will release it DRM free soon after the release.

I was a bit sceptical to the game after Kotakus review, but PC Gamers review (84/100) sold me on it. Will wait for some patches though.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Story is incredible. Like Witcher-esque awesome! The graphics are a mixed-bag and their engine needs a lot of optimizations.

Combat simulation is very unique and engaging.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It is a very different kind of RPG experience for me, and so far I'm loving it, and I've been thirsty for an RPG since the Witcher 3. The combat is great, but the world building and quest design is just top notch.
I'm very, very impressed with how all the social systems and dialogue works and affects different things.

And I love night time, its just so dark. Really reminds me of the atmosphere in the movie witch.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome job, heard the game's pretty great. Hoping they patch a better save system in; really disappointed to hear I can't save on exit right now, but I saw a RT from the guy in charge of the game saying that they might have save on exit.
If you're playing on PC there is a save anywhere mod, I'm sure it could be tweaked.

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. One of the best games I've played this decade for sure. Vavra always delivers one hell of a story too.

On a side note, can Eastern European RPGs become their own subgenre at this point? They're doing stuff so significantly different from the likes of western studios like Bethesda and Bioware that it might as well be a different genre. I guess I could just refer to them as cRPGs but that's a bit misleading even though they closely resemble those in game design. Don't get me started on those games that call themselves RPGs because of level gated equipment/perks and displayed damage numbers.

Last edited:

McPoo

Jan 25, 2018
UK
Glad to hear it. I've played about 6 hours and I absolutely love it, so it's great to hear it's selling well too.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The game itself I think fills a gap that a lot of older RPG players have been missing, so the success doesn't surprise me. I'd love to play more of it, but I've been having a lot of tech issues. Waiting for patches...

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, will buy later. Congrats to the team.

Vávra has been developing this idea for like 7-8 years which is eternity for this industry. It is a fucking miracle that the game got made AND it's successful. It shows again and again that strong core gameplay systems and interactivity are keys to success.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A game selling well without Denuvo. A few publishers will get their mind blow with this.

Im glad the game's doing well, its nice so see kickstarter projects releasing in good shape.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats awesome. I've been following this since the Kickstarter. I'm glad it ended up being such a success.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Watching some streams sold me on the game but I'll wait for a sale and a few more patches before buying it.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Neat. I might get it after a while, don't have time to play any games now.

I hope there are more games with this medieval, non-fantasy setting in the future.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I'm glad I backed this few years ago. Excited to play, but will wait a couple of weeks for patches for optimal experience.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I fell for the post release hype and bought it yesterday for the PS4, I'll start the game this evening :P

Jan 2, 2018
Be

Bethesda is making the game AFAIK, but we know nothing about it yet. Certainly nobody will do a total conversion for this game because this would take literally ages or a team of hundred people.
Wait,Bethesda? If your'e talking about the Game of Thrones rumors from summer,those were proven to be false. there is a GoT mode in the works however,but I'm not sure if it's for Skyrim or Kingdom.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Single player only, cinematics, no lootbox, no microtransactions, no Denuvo. Sounds like a game that ERA would totally into.

But hey, who am I kidding. Most would just let it slide and ignore it.

Neat. I might get it after a while, don't have time to play any games now.

I hope there are more games with this medieval, non-fantasy setting in the future.
We need more RPGs with non-fantasy settings. There are lots of possibilities I'm excited even from thinking about them.

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Single player only, cinematics, no lootbox, no microtransactions, no Denuvo. Sounds like a game that ERA would totally into.

But hey, who am I kidding. Most would just let it slide and ignore it.

We need more RPGs with non-fantasy settings. There are lots of possibilities I'm excited even from thinking about them.

These guys can easily build up the same reputation as CDPR.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Must be joking because this will never happen. I'd love the similar type of game in the Thrones universe though.

Arya Stark SIM please!

Also, a dash of white supremacy seems to do wonders for a game's quality. Damn!
But seriously, despite everything the game is truly amazing and insanely deep. Henry is a very endearing character

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't plan to buy the game, it's not my open world RPG cup of tea at all, but I've started watching a let's play of it...and I have to say it seems to be way better and more interesting than I thought. It seems to be a genuinely great, very in-depth and unique experience. What a cool and ambitious idea to create a Middle Ages/chivalry simulation. If only it wasn't so glitchy and buggy. :/

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Great news! I hope they will get funding to patch the hell of the game

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, bought a copy on GOG.
Awesome start to sales considering the lack of AAA budget marketing.