• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
But he is an alt right, gamergater, white supremacist scum.
Oh come on, talk to almost any NPC in this game and they'll let you know how much they have nothing against refugees, BUT

Apart from that can't remember too much from the game, but remember finding it a little cringy. Probably because I decided to view the game and everything within it as Vavras ultimate fantasy and an exploration of his mind and of repressed memories.

Played it for around 15 hours before encountering a game breaking bug. Put it down and accepted what I really ever wanted was to marvel at realtime GI for an hour or two.

Last edited:

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
KCD is such a great game, I need to play it again sometime, it has its rough patches but its so good.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh come on, talk to almost any NPC in this game and they'll let you know how much they have nothing against refugees, BUT

Apart from that can't remember too much from the game, but remember finding it a little cringy. Probably because I decided to view the game and everything within it as Vavras ultimate fantasy and an exploration of his mind and of repressed memories.

Played it for around 15 hours before encountering a game breaking bug. Put it down and accepted what I really ever wanted was to marvel at realtime GI for an hour or two.
One of the first quests in the game actually involves your father berating you for being a bigot against Deutsch. The writing throughout the entire game is also very good.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait WTF KCD seriously? I'm so down with this.
Originally played it on PS4 Pro but I got beast PC too so no reason not to try it again.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
That is not genre, it is a setting.

And not even a real one, is his idealized, biased and romanticized view of the Middle Ages, as is usual in people like Vavra

You sure seem to know a lot about Bohemia during the Middle Ages. Tell me more how it's his biased and romanticized view, then.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
MotherFUCKER I bought Kingdom Come like two weeks ago.

I hate when this happens.

Good game though, be sure to pick it up!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Come is an excellent game. Hard to learn but it kept me engaged enough to stick with it, which says a lot.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You sure seem to know a lot about Bohemia during the Middle Ages. Tell me more how it's his biased and romanticized view, then.
I don't know why what I say is surprising. Nationalisms have always had idealized visions of their "glorious past," with things like "racial purity." That is why games set in the Middle Ages (Crusaders Kings, Total War, Mount and Blade...) have communities full of neo-Nazis. Vavra knows what he is doing with this game. He uses false "historical accuracy" to deflect any criticism.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yes, he once wore a sarcastic tongue in cheek t-shirt half a decade ago. That's not an evidence of white supremacy, come on. There are valid reasons to criticize him, being a white supremacist / nazi as some people on this forum like to do ain't one of them.

It's not once. Aside from his views (which are a matter of public record as he's very vocal about it), he's also very friendly with Polish neonazis.
It's very unlikely everyone who works at Warhorse is a white supremacist/nazi, hell, I bet the vast majority of those people just want to have a job, but Vávra sure is.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
How is KCD these days? It seemed really buggy/janky at launch.
It's ironed out fairly well, I played it long after release and didn't encounter any major bugs.
It's fairly janky though and the peformance isn't all that great.

And the combat.... After a while the combat boils down to you and your opponent staring each other down waiting for a strike because everyone ripostes your attacks so you just wait for your opponent to strike and do a riposte to him.

But the story and the atmosphere is pretty great. Overall it's a fairly unique experience as far as RPGs go.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Richard Spencer is the most extreme alt-right figure, and Vavra might not be a literal nazi like Spencer, but he's still pretty much alt-right. Receipts:
So. He follows, likes and retweets numerous extremely racist alt-right figures, including Jack Posobiec, Charlie Kirk, Gavin McInnes (a literal white nationalist), Paul Joseph Watson, and many more. But he's "just an asshole" and "not a racist", and he "despises" those people?

Bullshit.

And, just for fun, I took a look at his Twitter feed to see if he has changed at all since 2 years... nope. A recent tweet had him praise Jordan Peterson, a famous racist incel. Cool, cool.
It's not once. Aside from his views (which are a matter of public record as he's very vocal about it), he's also very friendly with Polish neonazis.
It's very unlikely everyone who works at Warhorse is a white supremacist/nazi, hell, I bet the vast majority of those people just want to have a job, but Vávra sure is.

No, he isn't. I know that with 100% certainty. Using vague guilt by association doesn't change that.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Repeatedly Defending a Racist; Prior Severe Ban for Inflammatory False Equivalence Around Race

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
I wouldn't pick up KCD if it was the last RPG on the planet, ugh. I'll never support Neo Nazi Alt-Right Gamergaters. Gross, I'll never touch that game. Plenty of other things to play!

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
You couldn't pay me to knowingly play a game made by an alt-right, white supremacist, gator asshole so thanks, but no thanks.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
24956711.jpg

already own kingdom come but still happy ... great title

Lol, so much this.

LeonLeon

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Chile
User banned (permanent): account self-destruction
Everything is racist, hate speech. Everyone is alt-right neo nazi. Everything offends me.

This whole site is a cesspool of the worst kind of persons, i dont want to be part of this sick people and want to be banned or my account deleted from this shithole.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
KCD is a darn good game, would def be picking that up had I not played it before.

Hopefully with the money they got from sales we'll get a better and polished sequel soon.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
KCD is a great game but the combat definitely took me awhile to get use to. I don't know why I struggled with it. It was just... different

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
No, he isn't. I know that with 100% certainty. Using vague guilt by association doesn't change that.
He's not a racist, he just follows a lot of racists and retweets/likes racists' tweets.

lol. Jesus. That's not "vague guilt by association." Those are implicit endorsements made by him of what those racists are saying.
Everything is racist, hate speech. Everyone is alt-right neo nazi. Everything offends me.

This whole site is a cesspool of the worst kind of persons, i dont want to be part of this sick people and want to be banned or my account deleted from this shithole.
Lemme pour one out for you and all 53 of your posts. You'll be missed.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this game after they finally ironed out some game breaking bugs. It's very immersive and has some interesting characters with some fun quests. If you can get over the fact the writer is a twat there is a good game there to enjoy.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Aztez.

Has to come out along side a game with this much controversy. So few people tried this when it came out elsewhere. Now it's free, and I have a feeling people will still ignore it.

I'll say this. It might have the best 2d side-scroller combat of any game I've ever played. The campaign mode is tough to wrap your head around, but I encourage everyone to try the combat challenge mode. It's a huge tower of fights, basically. Enjoy 2d combat bliss.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
How is KCD these days?
Great game. Great attention to detail, very interesting quests and story. Less hand-holding than in your usual games. It also steers kind of towards simulation in many aspects (you have to eat and sleep, people react to your clothes, style and general appearance accordingly. If you run around like a bump you're treated like that in a way). It's still fun and not to hard on the simulation aspect. I've played for over 20 hours now and didn't notice any game breaking bugs and can't remember other severe but non-gaming breaking bugs. It's really a good game.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Aztez.

Has to come out along side a game with this much controversy. So few people tried this when it came out elsewhere. Now it's free, and I have a feeling people will still ignore it.

I'll say this. It might have the best 2d side-scroller combat of any game I've ever played. The campaign mode is tough to wrap your head around, but I encourage everyone to try the combat challenge mode. It's a huge tower of fights, basically. Enjoy 2d combat bliss.
Its not as much of a controversy outside of this forum, I wouldn't worry about it.

If anything it might get more people to try out Aztez cause its coming out along side KCD which a lot of people were waiting to try out.