• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Preorders are now live, with bonuses. The game is slated for February.

I'm excited. Backed it years ago on Kickstarter after seeing it covered on Gamespot.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Really hoping this game delivers
I'm sure it will have issues compared to AAA but it looks like it will be a really pleasant mid-tier world to explore. The forests look amazing.
untitled_342_by_dennisk4-d738f1f.gif

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Preordered a couple months ago for XB1, when Amazon had a price glitch. Really hope it turns out good!

Law

Oct 27, 2017
look fun, i like how the game slow down so you can guard or counter the attack, but it make me wonder how the stealth system work.

Ronik

Oct 25, 2017
The combat is looking a lot better than in the previous videos they've released. It still looks a bit too slow for my taste, but I understand what they're going for. The constant delays soured me on the game a bit, but I'm still looking forward to trying it in February.

And hi, Paul :)

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
look fun, i like how the game slow down so you can guard or counter the attack, but it make me wonder how the stealth system work.
From what I read, the stealth system should be a bit more common sensey than usual. For example if you want to steal from someone in the crowd, crouching down will make everyone alert.

The combat is looking a lot better than in the previous videos they've released. It still looks a bit too slow for my taste, but I understand what they're going for. The constant delays soured me on the game a bit, but I'm still looking forward to trying it in February.

And hi, Paul :)

Hi :)
Yeah combat system is going to be point of contention. I think people who give it a chance will appreciate it, but it will probably turn off lot of people used to flashy combat from Souls games and such.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
What about damage multiplier like skyrim (Ex: All mighty Bow stealth Dmg) or is a bit more "realistic"?

Possumowner

Oct 27, 2017
Uk
Been following this one closely and really want it to turn out pretty special.Combat definitely looking better

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I was initially very excited for this, but all the gameplay I've seen people post online looked really, really rough. So I'm not Day 1 for this anymore -- it'll require some good feedback after launch to convince me to buy, I think.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about damage multiplier like skyrim (Ex: All mighty Bow stealth Dmg) or is a bit more "realistic"?
I really doubt there will be damage multiplier, it's more that arrow to the head will be instakill anyway (if enemy is without helmet). But afaik there will be no crosshair so it will be very difficult to hit the head.

I was initially very excited for this, but all the gameplay I've seen people post online looked really, really rough. So I'm not Day 1 for this anymore -- it'll require some good feedback after launch to convince me to buy, I think.

The gameplays are from 18 months old techbeta and yeah, it was rough there. But even in the videos from more recent builds on gamescom, some aspects still looked rough like facial animations. Hopefully they get them at least to acceptable state by release (acceptable would be somewhere like Fallout 4 I guess).

Skunkalot

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Im not fully convinced that the combat system will feel actually good. I hope they will let us try a demo when its released.

JohanKRS

Oct 27, 2017
Torres, RS - Brazil
I like the slow motion too, it seems to be a good compromise to keep the difficulty level in check. I wonder if it's something that can be disabled entirely for added realism, since it seems that's what they are going for (maybe in a harder difficulty level?).

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this game lives up to its hype. I need something to hold me over until Mount and Blade 2.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the combat could be fun, but I hope as you become better you can defeat less "experienced" AI more quickly. Otherwise, I think it could become boring quickly.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm most worried about the performance, an open world game looking this good has to really tax your system lol