Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nintendo

Nintendo
    Member OP

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...4-day-one-patch-download-size-is-23gb-1810804

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super size patch me if old.

EDIT:

2. witty_mittie3

witty_mittie3

RIP playing on Day 1 for me. If it reviews well, I was planning on picking up after work, but it'll take several hours for me to download a 23 24 GB patch and I have work the next day, so can't stay up. Dang.

Edit: It should be 23 GB patch, not 24.

3. Hero Prinny

Hero Prinny

God damn thats a huge patch

4. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

That's insane.

5. CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Patch notes:
    Added the game

6. Gbraga

Gbraga

People said in the other thread that the disc only comes with like 100mb of data, so it's not the patch that's huge, this is the whole game.

EDIT: That was incorrect:

7. Ricerocket

Ricerocket

That patch note makes v1.0 sound like a mess.

8. Yerffej

Yerffej

Oh fuck off

9. Eggiem

Eggiem

Does this include POC? If thats the case, I'm ok with it.

10. Skulldead

Skulldead

this is where i would be totally mad.....

11. Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

One terabyte patch when?

12. KoolAid

KoolAid

Why even sell it in retail? What the fuck.

13. The hell? Why?!

14. tet666

tet666

Well that's how it is for PC games for years allrdy if there even is a physical release in the first place.

15. Aktlys

Aktlys

That's not a patch... that's the entire game

I bet there is just an .exe file on the disc

16. Gbraga

Gbraga

It's normal on PC, but I don't think I've ever seen that on PS4 either.

Hopefully it won't become a trend.

17. Skulldead

Skulldead

Sorry but this is not a excuse if i can't play the game without a patch (buggy or not) this is a scam. Tony Hawk 5 was almost on the same position, it didn't pass.

18. Faenix1

Faenix1

..this is worse then the "launch it broken and patch it later" trope some devs use :|

19. Gnorman

Gnorman

This shit is boring now.

20. dr_p0p7ar7_

dr_p0p7ar7_

Diff of basically every asset in the game. What's the game installation size for context?

21. IDreamOfHime

IDreamOfHime

Cements me not playing.

22. Reckheim

Reckheim

Yeh, that's the entire game. Not an issue for me, but this will be an issue for a whole lot of people.

23. bane833

bane833

You´ve got to be shitting me...

24. Terbinator

Terbinator

Kingdome Come, you ready?

25. Stygr

Stygr

WTF Deep Silver

26. GHG

GHG

Lmao basically.

27. Hopkins

Hopkins

v1.02 is roughly 29GB (about 5GB if you got 1.01 previously)

[​IMG]

28. Reckheim

Reckheim

I remember Warhorse saying they were having issues with Sony and their requirement to have the game be able to run while the disc downloads to hard drive. Wonder if this is a way they worked around it.

Edit: my assumption was wrong, looks like the game is on the disc.

29. Lopez

Lopez

Wha

30. Catsygreen

Catsygreen

Huh... what about the reviews ? They probably didn't play with this huge patch, I mean the real game.

31. tet666

tet666

Scam is definitely a bit much and i really don't see a huge issue here unless your internet connection is truly terrible but then you will probably run into problems with most games now since pretty much everything requires at least a day 1 patch these days, let's face it digital is the future the sooner ppl get used to it the better, i'm on PC only i have not seen a physical game in years you get used to it pretty fast and as far as i'm concerned there are no downsides to digital only.

32. Ctlead

Ctlead

RIP anyone with bad internet.

33. daniel77733

daniel77733

So the disc only has 100MB on it? Why even bother with the disc and retail to begin with? Should have been a digital download only game.

34. Vankash

Vankash

when Star Citizen releases on playstation

35. Hopkins

Hopkins

Review copies arrived yesterday around noon looking at steamcharts, so I think they do play with the patch and I doubt they'll be done till release or just barely be done with it, embargo on reviews also does lift on release day at 9AM CET

36. Reckheim

Reckheim

I'll be playing it on PC and have good internet; some people don't have that luxury. I hate to say it but I agree with them, some form of game should have been on the disc; even if it was buggy as shit.

37. LycanXIII

LycanXIII

Does the case make it known that internet is required then?

38. FireSafetyBear

FireSafetyBear
    Banned for use of an alt-account Member

Wait this game is coming out?

Edit: that icon is garbage too. Almost worse than LEGO Worlds.

39. Egida

Egida

Are the 100MB on disc comments verified? This turned the game from "maybe" to "see you in a year with a complete edition" for me.

40. Fiel

Fiel

My condolence to oldschool people without internet and just want to pop disc in and play.

41. tet666

tet666

Seems like it just was not possible with the build they had at the time.

42. janusff

janusff

If the game is a total of 23 gigs that seems a bit small no?

43. Trace

Trace

1.0 save files don't work on the 1.02 patch as well.

Make sure you're downloading your patch before you play with this one!

44. Shifty1897

Shifty1897

Not sure if you're serious. If you are, that's not how patches work.

45. Haha why though???

46. ced

ced

Archery in stealth mode is just want I want to hear. I like sulking with a bow in Skyrim so I hope that's possible in this.

47. Skulldead

Skulldead

I have to agree with some of your statement, I'm not having that problem myself, i have unlimited internet + always connect. But having work in a Videogame store for so much years in the pass , I know a lot of poeple that don't have that option, will buy the game, then will explode or take half of their data consumption just to be able to start the game... for them i would totally feel scam... big one day patch, fine it's optional, but having to download the entire game to play a physical copy, this is the most ridiculous thing console game could get. And Sony let's that pass ?

48. jesu

jesu

I'll try the disc when I get it, without the patch, to see what happens.

If there is only a 100 odd MB's on it then that is shady.

49. WillJPowers

WillJPowers
    Deep Silver Verafied

Hey guys, chiming in here for a second. I can talk about the patch to a certain extent, but first, here's a note from Martin Klima, Executive Producer at Warhorse:

“Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our game is set to be released tomorrow. The task was really big and our team although still quite small and we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted and we believed you wanted. Before talking about some background, all of us at Warhorse would like to thank our community, the backers and friends who helped us to bring this dream to life by giving us the chance to develop what we believe is a unique RPG experience!

The production realities of game development mean that a ‘release’ version has to be finalized some time before the actual release date. We could have used this time to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it. The results are obvious: quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and every facet of the game got more polish. The drawback of course is that most of the data in the old build was replaced and has to be downloaded as a patch. At a hefty size, it’s going to take some time to download and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after four years wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!”

50. spad3

spad3

The Kingdom Came and so did I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.