• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The game is very intriguing. I think the combat system is going to be something truly unique, I just wish some of the video footage I have seen had more impact. I love that the targeting is coming from many different angles and that different combat openings can be created with a good mix of melee skills, whether striking or using kicks/parries/etc. I also like that the game will be focused on realism - I played a bit of the buggy beta, and it's clear that the team really is trying to create a cohesive world with a strong narrative alongside it. Whether they succeed in getting past some of the rough combat animations will be the test. But I like that they're strong in their vision and game direction.

Now to dissociate the team from GamerGate takes some major patience. This man also created the first Mafia game which I consider one of the greatest of all time. The team's ambition and direction deserves to be praised, we'll see how it turns out even with the vocal alt-right ideologies mixed in.

Zecria

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it looks kind of sketchy, but I'm just hopeful that a truly historical RPG actually delivers. So far the only thing that has come close for me are the Paradox games, which are strategy games.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been hearing about this one for a little while. The idea of a "realistic" medieval style RPG seems potentially quite interesting.

That said,

I guess that's done. Wish I'd been aware earlier.

Did you read the Kotaku article? It is very well written. I think he certainly fucked up for supporting gamergate - but from interviews I read with him, including the Kotaku one, I don't think it comes from a place of supporting harrasment.

He saw it as gamers fightning against corruption and attempts at censorship, which is to a large degree misinformed, but still.

vocal alt-right ideologies mixed in.

I thought alt-right was a label used by US neonazis? What does he have in common with US neonazis?

Last edited: