• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Is it possible for the day one patch to fix the frame pacing?

The patch is already available. Those who've updated are playing v1.02.

16km/6miles square.

EDIT : my bad, it's 3x3km 1.62x1.62 miles according to thedev blog.

Here some datas to compare :

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_largest_game_worlds

You were actually right the first time, haha. That blog post was published before the game was expanded to cover the first two of the three planned acts.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There's an achievement for completing the main story without killing anyone.
Not killing anyone isn't the same as avoiding combat

Are we talking Torment levels of being to talk your way out of fights, or does "without killing anyone" mean using your fists in fights or something like that?

Ivellios

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the issue i might have with this game (not being able to save anywhere whenever i want) can be easily fixed with mods.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
After watching 45 mins of someone playing it on Twitch it doesn't look that promising. AI seems pretty horrible, like NPCs have some serious problems with stealthy approaches, loose tracking if they are close beside you and always repeating themselves. Combat in general doesn't look satisfying. Actually it has the amount of jank I was expecting after watching some earlier gameplay previews. Graphically it looks pretty good on PS4 Pro, but seems like it has some heavy streaming and pop in and issues. Also the animations can look really awkward and lip synch is almost non existent.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Damn. So pretty. So jerky :(
Is it the same everywhere?
DF gonna have a field day.

Yes, everywhere and all the time. Your eyes can ignore it successfully for a long time if you just play straight without looking around but once you see it, you see it everywhere for a bunch of time.

Last edited:

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need bandages to stop the bleeding (which reduces your health bar over time). You can then heal your wounds faster with e.g. alchemy (which you need to learn recipes for), or slower by a good night's rest or by eating food. Note that eating too much applies a debuff to you so it's not like you can eat 30 chicken wings to cure your broken leg.
Yeah I've never found eating 100 apples for 1HP each ridiculous in other games. And boring.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Could anyone provide examples of Vavra's views which are "racist"? I'm genuinely trying to understand this; since the OP states this as an undisputed fact, there must be a lot of (or at least some) racist quotes from Vavra, could anyone provide examples?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Combat in general doesn't look satisfying. Actually it has the amount of jank I was expecting after watching some earlier gameplay previews.

You probably watched combat before he learned the repost and dodging stuff, its pretty good.

Could anyone provide examples of Vavra's views which are "racist"? I'm genuinely trying to understand this; since the OP states this as an undisputed fact, there must be a lot of (or at least some) racist quotes from Vavra, could anyone provide examples?

NO, this is not the place.
Is it seriously too hard to understand to not post anything about this in this thread? Jesus Christ.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc

There's a thread for that, please use the search function in ERA to find it. Let's not let this be the 2nd impressions thread to be locked.

Here is said thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...heir-creators-kingdom-come-deliverance.17250/

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Just got myself some plate armor and i feel like it makes fighting against multiple enemies a lot easier since you can actually survive a few hits with it. Just fought 4 bandits and i killed two before the other two ran away.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
You can level in the game and you can invest in various skill, ranging from combat (e.g. swordplay, archery) to non-combat (reading, alchemy, cooking, ...). Combat is a really unique system meant to simulate actual medieval sword fights. Gear also plays a very important role as there are 20 armour and accessory slots.
Might be worth watching this video:

Thanks. Game looks great. Probably gonna dig in sooner or later.

edit:
Most important questions. Are there Spears / Halberds?!

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
This achievement is going to be challenging. ;P
0WiVyBN.png

Not for us here on Era!

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Is there anyone here with Xbox One version and wants PC version? Because I was really sick at the time, they ruin the campaign as what platform do you want and now I am kind of pissed off, that I have the Steam version. Can you help me out guys, I can probably get a copy from man himself, but I don't want to cheap-ass....

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The dude's a racist ultraconservative, no doubt about that but do your own research and look at the other Vavra Kingdom Come Deliverance thread.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
The above forest pictures look amazing. Here's hoping the gameplay will be really good, because for the life of me, I cannot stand TES gameplay and especially combat.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Yes, everywhere and all the time. Your eyes can ignore it successfully for a long time if you just play straight without looking around but once you see it, you see it everywhere or a bunch of time.

I hope they can patch it. It looks incredible.

What kind of specs would a pc need to run this at max settings?
Halfway between the console version and those shots will bring the vast majority of PCs to their knees I'm willing to bet!

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sincerely not trying to derail: is there anywhere we can discuss the creator and his views? I had no idea and only just caught up about all of it.

Game looks really cool. If I had the funds I'd be in on it in a heartbeat.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is gonna be the first PC game in a long time I end up playing 60fps with drops, looks like. Those ultra settings too good.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I read there's three acts planned but the current game is the first two.
Is that right and if so then when is the third act available?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read there's three acts planned but the current game is the first two.
Is that right and if so then when is the third act available?
Currently we don't know if the third act will be a DLC or a new game but there's already a DLC planned for a secondary character

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
So the screenshots are from a Gamespot forum. Some more for us to enjoy :D

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...liverance-est2017-has-some-insanely-33386414/

Obviously this is not how MOST people will see the game since there will be downgrade for the sake of performance, plus only a select few have the kind of super expensive graphic card to run the game on Ultra. But it's still worth posting, just for the aesthetic quality. I for one have never seen anything like it.

I wanna go live amongst these trees.

Looks amazing.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any idea what kind of performance I should expect with a 980 OC and an i5 6600K?

Also is there an option to lock the FPS to 30 or 60?

In some thread someone mentioned a previewer ran it on a 1080 and unknown CPU and got 80-100 FPS on ultra 1080p. I expect 60fps with a few drops at 1080p ultra on my 1070 / i5 6600k oc.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Any words on SLI support? I think some developpers talked about looking into it on their forums some time ago.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first placeholder name of the game was Hammerheart, after this awesome album by Bathory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4i_gBC0 (plus, son of a blacksmith, hammer, heh)
Then for a while it was 1403: Retribution (I like this one a lot).
In they end they went for Kingdom Come as a name of possible series, and Deliverance for this particular game and its theme.
Read this stuff in the artbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.