• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleiades

Dec 12, 2017
I've been switching between buy / no-buy on this game for a long time now but the relatively positive combat and story impressions are steering me to the buy side. Only problem I really have is limited time to actually get really in depth with a game like this.

Also if the PC version still looks as good as those older screens it's going to be a must buy. Purely because I love a realistic looking 3d forest.

Oct 27, 2017
Definite buy from me now looking at these impressions. Stuff like the frame pacing gives me pause but I managed in Bloodborne etc so I expect I'll cope here. The more I hear the more I like.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
v1.02 update notes (from Reddit):
d07j0us2gmf01.jpg

v1.01 update notes:
Kingdom Come Deliverance update 1.01 Patch Notes
  • Added multiple new events.
  • Added improvement in dialogue animations.
  • Balanced Gaining money and experience.
  • Balanced Weapon and armor stats.
  • General combat improvements.
  • Improved NPC reaction time.
  • Sound propagation adjusted.
  • Archery is now possible in stealth mode.
  • Added improvements to the Persuasion UI.
  • Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
arent those gamespot screenshots quite old now ? like im not expecting ultra to look anything like that to be honest

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think these ultra screenshots will be in the game, if they were I'd think they advertise with them officially and we didn't have to look for them in some beta message boards

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I still have access to the beta and while those pictures are fairly representative of how it looks maxed out, it also ran at like 25 fps on a 980ti at the time. I'm sure Ultra will look fantastic, but if they want it to be playable it probably won't look quite as good as those shots.

I do think there might be a bit of tinkering going on with the shots though, it looks like they might have a filter on them.

Deleted member 5015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want the game to be good, because I think it has all the things that would make a game good. Yet I'm really cautious, because recent previews have been very underwhelming. It would be a shame it this game will not deliver at least a solit 8/10.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
arent those gamespot screenshots quite old now ? like im not expecting ultra to look anything like that to be honest

On a Czech forum someone said they had to downgrade Ultra somewhat since not even their Titans could reasonably run it.

But nobody knows how the final PC version looks like yet, there are some content creators who got an official access to the first few hours of the game on Steam but it's a preview build, a few months old. The final version is time locked on Steam for everyone. All the gameplay videos published so far are from the final version for consoles or the old preview version for PC.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
What is the killing / crime policy like? Can you kill anyone / steal anything?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So does this game play like Oblivion or Skyrim, or is it more of a focused combat RPG?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is pretty much the anti Skyrim, even more so than Piranha Bytes games. I don't think you'll ever reach the level where you can just breeze through masses of enemies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Went to the armory in Rattay, choked out the only guard in there, stole everything he had including his clothes, broke up the lock of one of the chests, stole everything in there, like 8 weapons or so, now I'm heavenly overloaded and slowly wander out of the town to the miller to put everything into my chest. :D

Will just take a nice 15 minute walk, but it will be worth it.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
I think this is pretty much the anti Skyrim, even more so than Piranha Bytes games. I don't think you'll ever reach the level where you can just breeze through masses of enemies.

I'd second that.

I find it super hard to describe the game to the "uninitiated". It's like Witcher 3 in that it's got great characters, great quests and cinematic feel...but it's very much unlike Witcher 3 because the gameplay is much deeper and hardcore. It's like Skyrim in that it's sandbox with "Radiant AI" and emergent gameplay but it's very much unlike Skyrim in that the combat is way more complex and the narrative elements are actually deep and engaging.

KatiePT

Jan 25, 2018
Went to the armory in Rattay, choked out the only guard in there, stole everything he had including his clothes, broke up the lock of one of the chests, stole everything in there, like 8 weapons or so, now I'm heavenly overloaded and slowly wander out of the town to the miller to put everything into my chest. :D

Will just take a nice 15 minute walk, but it will be worth it.

Don't you find the non-lethal takedown mechanics is a bit like cheesing the game? I've noticed that the other day in a video where the streamer choked Hanush at the very start. It seemed as by far the most effortless way to solve the quest. And now, when you say you can get filthy rich super easy by just choking a guard and rob the entire armory, I'm kindda worried :D

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on a new update for the Xbox One that fixes the frame pacing? That's an instant no go for me if it's not addressed

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Don't you find the non-lethal takedown mechanics is a bit like cheesing the game? I've noticed that the other day in a video where the streamer choked Hanush at the very start. It seemed as by far the most effortless way to solve the quest. And now, when you say you can get filthy rich super easy by just choking a guard and rob the entire armory, I'm kindda worried :D

I wouldn't say rich cause everything is f'n expensive in this game including getting your own stuff repaired. The money out of that will barely give me 1 or 2 decent new armor parts, my shoes are f'n done so I need new ones.
Yes, if there is only one person, it's quite easy in theory but if you don't take the risk of using a quicksave (risk of getting addicted) and try to do that without it, good luck, you still need to break the lock which isn't easy, needs to be lucky that the second person who wanders around don't hear that and needs to be lucky that the guards don't want to randomly search through your stuff when you go through the town, yes that happens some times if you look and act suspicious. It's still high risk, medium reward.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say rich cause everything is f'n expensive in this game including getting your own stuff repaired. The money out of that will barely give me 1 or 2 decent new armor parts, my shoes are f'n done so I need new ones.
Yes, if there is only one person, it's quite easy in theory but if you don't take the risk of using a quicksave (risk of getting addicted) and try to do that without it, good luck, you still need to break the lock which isn't easy, needs to be lucky that the second person who wanders around don't hear that and needs to be lucky that the guards don't want to randomly search through your stuff when you go through the town, yes that happens some times if you look and act suspicious. It's still high risk, medium reward.
Uf, everything you just said sounds amazing!

anthraxus

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm so goddamn hyped about this. There hasn't been a proper RPG release since The Witcher 3 and the thirst is seriously real.

Would love some console impressions.
UnderRail and Age of Decadence were pretty solid. I'd highly recommend those. Expedition Viking too
http://store.steampowered.com/app/445190/Expeditions_Viking/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/UnderRail/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

Not trying to derail the thread. Play this one first, but there's some good stuff out there too.
I doubt the people that make these types of comments even play 'proper' RPGs

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017

That sounds awesome.

I'm still skittish because I'm not great at games that have survival elements in them but the game sounds too fun to pass up.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Is there a cheat sheet for the views/positions of this Vavra guy? I've never heard of him before reading the opening post of this thread...

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting but gonna wait for more widespread impressions as I have been burned listening to over enthusiastic gaffers a few too many times now.

Am very partial to medievil settings though so its looking good!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there will be a steam preload? Also wondering if there are any PC benchmarks yet. Wonder how it will run on my 970. The alpha ran fairly good on high settings.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'd second that.

I find it super hard to describe the game to the "uninitiated". It's like Witcher 3 in that it's got great characters, great quests and cinematic feel...but it's very much unlike Witcher 3 because the gameplay is much deeper and hardcore. It's like Skyrim in that it's sandbox with "Radiant AI" and emergent gameplay but it's very much unlike Skyrim in that the combat is way more complex and the narrative elements are actually deep and engaging.

Can the player interact with objects in the world via physics? For example, can the player move a mug on a table, and will the game remember the new position of the mug, just like in Oblivion and Skyrim?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. So there are quests and physics and sandbox elements and all that jazz?

Quests yeah, physics..I don't think every object is physically modeled like in gamebryo. I know you can for example pick up apples from a table one by one (and see your actual hand doing it), but they get added to inventory, I don't think you can hold them and move them somewhere else for example. Sandbox elements depend on what you mean exactly, I recommend watching the 16 minute gameplay video that showcases the game in good detail:

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Bad timing for this. I'm in too deep with Monster Hunter World and Pillars of Eternity at the moment. I'm looking forward to the impressions though!

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Sincerely not trying to derail: is there anywhere we can discuss the creator and his views? I had no idea and only just caught up about all of it.

Game looks really cool. If I had the funds I'd be in on it in a heartbeat.
You can discuss them in this thread so long as that discussion remains civil and adheres strictly to the guidelines in the OP.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

What if their is a future quest involving the people in the armory And now you miss it? Devs said these types or actions has consequences later in the game.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just heard about the game a few days ago when I was surfing the PS Store. The description alone was enough to have me consider getting it but watched some gameplay footage and not a huge fan of the combat. Granted it was like one video but it didn't look like something I'd enjoy.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Having older hardware I'm mostly just interested to see the benchmarks at this point. Good to hear it will have SLI support (at some point!)

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard about the game a few days ago when I was surfing the PS Store. The description alone was enough to have me consider getting it but watched some gameplay footage and not a huge fan of the combat. Granted it was like one video but it didn't look like something I'd enjoy.
I'm not sold on the combat either, but I'm still giving it a shot. I'll try to specialize in archery, should help if I don't enjoy melee. It made a big difference in Skyrim, most people were complaining about the combat and I was happy with my arrows. :P

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I'm kinda worried about the AI.
In some videos, the reactions are sometimes completely bizarre: bandits & co don't react or do what they should logically do. It's the same for animals. I am talking about their responsiveness. I guess a patch will fix that but it's something I saw in the streams. If some people can confirm or say I'm wrong, don't hesitate!

Status
Not open for further replies.