• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Thread Rebooted. MOD EDIT:

We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.

There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

We have a few people here that own the game and are actively playing the game and there seems to be a large amount of people interested in reading these impressions, watching gifs created, pictures and video's.

So for those of you that have the game or have played the game, please use this thread to post your impressions and for those merely interested we can use this thread to ask questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can anybody give some impressions on the menus and inventory managment? Specifically asking if it's a pain in the ass to navigate with a controller.

HorrorFanStab

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This achievement is going to be challenging. ;P
0WiVyBN.png

mats effect

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox codes for the DLC pack are now showing on the rewards page. No code for the actual game just yet though.

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Any news about pc performance?

I hope my 980ti is enough to get 40-60 fps at 1440p max settings

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Playing on PS4 right now. I can see where your question is coming from — at first it's doesn't look good, but first impression is false. It's okay and somewhat easy to manage.
Kinda like Witcher 3 before giant patch with new interface near Blood & Wine release.
That's why I was asking. Witcher 3 was horrible in that regard at launch.

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I has probably been posted before, but since this is a reboot of the previous threads: could anyone post some impressions of the PS4 version? How is the performance?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Will it be playable before Tuesday? Not sure on release schedule.
To be honest, I've just watched a trailer this morning and this is the first I've paid attention to it. Looks Witchery!

It unlocks at either 5am CET (as per the countdown timer on the official site) or 9am CET (as per the Warhorse rep who oversees the game's Steam Community hub).

Oct 28, 2017
This is shaping up to be my game of the year and it's not even March yet. I'll have to wait and see how UnderRail's expansion pack is but I have a feeling this will be the best RPG of the year by far even if it turns out to be Piranha Bytes-tier jank. It's just a shame that bigger 3D titles with the sensibilities of a "throwback" isometric cRPG are an extremely rare exception.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm so goddamn hyped about this. There hasn't been a proper RPG release since The Witcher 3 and the thirst is seriously real.

Would love some console impressions.

Oct 25, 2017
While being totally cognizant of the controversy surrounding the game and it's lead developer, I remain interested in the game itself and am curious to see how we perceive it as a product a few months after release.

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so goddamn hyped about this. There hasn't been a proper RPG release since The Witcher 3 and the thirst is seriously real.

UnderRail and Age of Decadence were pretty solid. I'd highly recommend those. Expedition Viking too
http://store.steampowered.com/app/445190/Expeditions_Viking/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/UnderRail/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

Not trying to derail the thread. Play this one first, but there's some good stuff out there too.

Jan 10, 2018
I'm the kind of guy who walks in towns in RPG's just to feel completely immersed so this game is right up my alley. I'm a bit worried about day one performance though. I'm also not completely sold on the concept of the combat system, but I guess it's one of those things you just have to try before you make any judgements. Using a bow looks very fun though!

Aigato

Oct 30, 2017
Manchester, UK
It's not the most intuitive on ps4 I've found, also frame rate really isn't too hot. This is on a base ps4 model though.

Anyone any good at lock picking? It's a nightmare on pad

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Liking everything I've seen from the game so far.

The market is practically devoid of authentic medieval sims. No need for high fantasy in every medieval game.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks and runs surprisingly well on X1X.
Combat took some time getting used to but i really like meele combat.
Archery feels a bit inaccurate with a analog stick but apparently it gets better the higher your archery skill is.

Gotta say the immersion feels fantastic. Walking through a forest to hunt and a thunderstorm breaks out is magnificent on 1X.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Dark Souls 3, Tyranny, Mankind Divided, Original Sin 2, Persona 5, Nioh, The Surge, Darkest Dungeon, Prey, Battle Brothers...

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
early impressions are damn good, looks like this will be a fantastic and memorable RPG.
pretty hyped now. my first run will definitely be a speech/persuasion character.

does anyone know if physical backers get 2 keys?

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
UnderRail and Age of Decadence were pretty solid. I'd highly recommend those. Expedition Viking too
http://store.steampowered.com/app/445190/Expeditions_Viking/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/UnderRail/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

Not trying to derail the thread. Play this one first, but there's some good stuff out there too.
Thanks!

Archery feels a bit inaccurate with a analog stick but apparently it gets better the higher your archery skill is.
Yeah, the melee combat really looks clunky, but I would imagine than once you are playing the thing it would click.
It certainly looks something like Bethesda should be looking at for the next Elder Scrolls game.
I'm like super duper interested in the sword play in this game.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Anyway back on topic I like Chivalry and loved For Honor so if the combat is as close to engaging or realistic as those two while having decent RPG mechanics that would be great. If it played well on a pad and didn't run like shit on a base PS4 that would be appreciated too lol

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I've been saying that I'm not gonna play this game until a few months after launch, since it's probably a buggy mess like all great games are at launch (heh). These types of games also see a bunch of QoL improvements after a few patches.

With that said, I really want to play it. I have a difficult time justifying support of the alt-right, but I can't believe the entire development team share those views.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Just gave in and bought a key. The first user impressions make it sound exactly like the kind of game I was hoping for and PC performance seems to be good as well. Haven't been that hyped for a game in a long time.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I agree. One of the reasons I like AC games so much is because of its historical setting. Having a game like this + it's depth in gameplay and mechanics is rare.

Indeed. Origins relies somewhat heavier on fantasy than previous AC games, but it's still a fantastic experience, even if I'd rather it didn't do that. But then, I find Ryse to be quite fun and it's very far from history.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Gotta say the immersion feels fantastic. Walking through a forest to hunt and a thunderstorm breaks out is magnificent on 1X.

Good to hear. How is the frame pacing in the X1X? Heard it had some issues with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.