• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I understand Xater. The divine light of Elex burns bright and unapologetically. It's like staring at the sun, not everyone can adequately process its glorious intensity.

hahah, oh lol. Embrace the jank!

Very nice OT, good title and of course, I'm in day 1, this game is too unique for me not to give it a fair shot.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I've been playing a review copy but some serious life stuff got in the way so I'm not going to get a full picture of the game before release. A good handful of hours in and I see a lot of potential, lots of nifty little systems in the game that really give it an authentic feel. I have run into a few glitches, weird camera oddities and once an NPC's clothes forgot to render. Probably can't say more than that under embargo.

Also I've been playing on PC, GTX 1080, 7700K core. I can run Ultra High settings at 1080p60 most of the time without issue, with only some framerate hiccups in the occasional dense town areas. Haven't messed too much with higher resolutions or framerates otherwise.

The review embargo is "12:01 a.m. PT on Tuesday, Feb 13". I know a lot of places only got the game a few days ago so I wouldn't be surprised if reviews pop up over the course of next week or so rather than all at the embargo.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can make an informed decision after work tomorrow then.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I will definitely buy it after those amazing sounding reviews and posts from people who already played it but the only question is the "when"

My PC is pretty beefy - Outside of a 1080ti i couldn't get more performance and even the 1070 currently inside does usually its job.
But hearing this game can push better rigs than mine to its limits even at lower Resolutions makes me worry so hopefully Performance Reports are coming fast.

Otherwise it really sounds like the game i wished for in a long time.
Realistic and hardcore and your actions are actually either rewarded or neck breaking.

Hope we will see many Base PS4 impressions too
A friend of mine got interested in it but doesn't have a PC even close enough to get this thing running.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a try when it comes out, well if I have time I will. Might as well since I already gave my money via kickstarter before I found out about his questionable opinions.

Not too sure what I'm going to think about it mind. In theory a realistic RPG sounds interesting, but in practice it can mean stuff just become tedious.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
User Banned (2 weeks): Intentionally ignoring administrator instructions and policy. History of similar behaviour and accumulated infractions.
Very nice OT!

Though I still think that starting all posts about this game with big red words "[The head developer's] views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist" as if it were a commonly known proven fact, without providing any support for such severe allegations, is stretching it too far. I mean, is there a court ruling that Vavra is a racist? Who decided that it's an undisputed fact, and based on what? I can only scratch my head. Sorry if my rant offended anyone, but the phrasing of this red warning really rubs me the wrong way.

OT:

Uhh, I might get banned for the second time for this, but I have to give this post thumbs up. I am "guilty" of knowing the man himself, but that's beside the point. What rubs me in a really wrong way, that this project is about Bohemia and how it was for us last 100 years. We were told what to think, what we should say, what we should not say, what opinion we should have and what should we not. This sounds, probably unintentionally, same way. It's like quote from the old newspapers which we have stored in our weekend house called "The Red Law". "Who is your favorite historical figure, and why exactly is it Lenin." You know, this feels....wrong. I am not defending Vávra, I have nothing to do with the project. But why I as a Czech person still see the same shit even from west as we saw from the east. Why? Because "someone decides"?

I am sorry, but the beginning of the OT, as I Czech person myself, I don't agree with it at all, like it should not be there. Ban people who act like an idiots in this thread, but don't try to think for others and dictate, what they should think. K thanks.

Resources for those who are not from this area and close countries:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectorate_of_Bohemia_and_Moravia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Czechoslovak_coup_d'état
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Spring

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, tried to install with the 4 dvds from the backer physcial eidition for PC. Sends you to steam and says you still eed to wait until tomorrow.
What the fuck is the difference then between having it physical or digital if fucking steam DRM and rules are on it? I hate that PC players in this type of situtation always need to wait while backers with sxbox and ps4 version can already play because theres not a stopwall saying you have to wait.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Some base PS4 gameplay and... review?

Doesn't seem to run like sh*t but there is a fair amount of pop-up.

When I kill animals in the woods and take their meat, it counts as stealing, does anyone know why?

Are the woods near a village or something? Maybe those belong to somebody? Or maybe the game considers it as an act of poaching? Though I'm not sure if that was a thing in 15th century Bohemia.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very interested in this game, but I need some post release reviews and videos to watch first before I'm willing to jump in.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So is there not going to be a preload for this game? Still don't see the option on Steam.

Having to download 30gb day of just seems like shit.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Have not been this excited for a new IP in quite awhile! Going in expecting a little jank on consoles, but a ton of fun none-the-less. Pre-load waiting on countdown.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Very nice OT!

Though I still think that starting all posts about this game with big red words "[The head developer's] views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist" as if it were a commonly known proven fact, without providing any support for such severe allegations, is stretching it too far. I mean, is there a court ruling that Vavra is a racist? Who decided that it's an undisputed fact, and based on what? I can only scratch my head. Sorry if my rant offended anyone, but the phrasing of this red warning really rubs me the wrong way.

Agree. Rubbed me the wrong way as well.

But I also agree with the concept of the opening trying to diffuse / reduce caustic postings.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
When I kill animals in the woods and take their meat, it counts as stealing, does anyone know why?

I'm not sure of that area, but I know in England in the middle ages there were laws that outlawed hunting without permission on lands owned by the king. Doing so was highly illegal and would have consequences if you weren't meant to hunt there.

It's possible that existed in this area and might be one of the reasons it's treated as stealing.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Are the woods near a village or something? Maybe those belong to somebody? Or maybe the game considers it as an act of poaching? Though I'm not sure if that was a thing in 15th century Bohemia.

It most definitely was:

Poaching has been illegal for hundreds of years, but it was during the Late Middle Ages that poaching became a punishable offense. During this time, the right to hunt was limited to landowners and nobility. Peasants usually did not have weapons, skills or the extra time to hunt, so in order to provide food for their families they devised another way to bring meat to their tables, including snares .

In the 1500s, killing deer meant death to anyone but royalty

source: https://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/hunting/traditional-methods/poaching1.htm

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping this is good, got my pre-order in and arrows sharp.
Great work on the OT!

Sour

Oct 28, 2017
Was this the game that dropped out of nowhere at E3 last year? I saw the trailer for it the other day and couldn't believe it was out so soon. I'm tempted but my backlog is so big right now.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's the feudal system. Those woods belong to a lord, just like e.g. most of the farms in the area are not the property of the respective farmers but are leased by the lord and cultivated by the farmers. All the game in the woods is property of the lord.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game turns out well.

I Kickstarted this the very first day it was announced. Seems like a dream game but execution is everything.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Stupid that the Kickstarter codes aren't active yet. Wanted to preload on Ps4. Their handling of the Kickstarter rewards has been pretty bad, in all honesty.

Nov 4, 2017
Pre-ordered. Just watching the first hour was a breath of fresh air for gaming. Really felt like something unique.

I'm more excited than I should be to read all the datalog entries and play around with that gorgeous menu system. The map, and equipment screen have some of the coolest UI design I've seen in a while.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I will be watching impressions closely on this one. I'm not really sold on it but it might be something I would really like.

SUPGUYZ

Oct 27, 2017
That's the feudal system. Those woods belong to a lord, just like e.g. most of the farms in the area are not the property of the respective farmers but are leased by the lord and cultivated by the farmers. All the game in the woods is property of the lord.
The fact that this is in place shows what kind of detail we are in store for. I'm very excited

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Yeah exactly and since poaching was stealing from the lord it almost always meant death if the peasant was caught.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid that the Kickstarter codes aren't active yet. Wanted to preload on Ps4. Their handling of the Kickstarter rewards has been pretty bad, in all honesty.
Yeah, apparently some people have received their physical copies through the post already, apparently some have also received tracking codes. I haven't received either.

People are complaining about some of the editions missing some stuff, too.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks awesome. Unfortunately there are 2 other awesome games coming out this week too and I'm broke. :-(

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
User Warned: Disregarding rules in OP - if you have a problem with moderation, please PM an admin
Oh boy. Freeze me until tomorrow please.

Sorry if my rant offended anyone, but the phrasing of this red warning really rubs me the wrong way.

It's patronising as all fuck. thanks Era for reminding me that when I purchase software I don't take on the views of a member of the development staff.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
How is the traveling from one place to another in this game? I think that its striving for authenticity leads to only little to explore and kill/fight off the paths. Can't imagine they replaced all your usual suspect monster off the beaten path with bandits.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Thanks, nice.

Also, I LOVE how they implemented the drunk system here. First when you drink a beer or met, nothing happens, after a minute the whole screen and game graphic get's oversharpened for a while which looks quite interesting in motion, it literally sharpens your senses.

u02cxFO.png

But after a few minutes, the alcohol kicks in, the circle increases and everything becomes blurry.

sNwPGxa.png

After a few more minutes, everything becomes really colorful and blurry.

65QJfy8.png

Everything, from one drink, over time and quite realistic. This game is awesome.
If you drink more you can level drinking up of course and get some drinking perks.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Does anyone know if the Xbox one X still has the frame pacing issues? I saw there was another patch and wondering if those were fixed prior to day 1.

Filament Star

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That is actually wild.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, apparently some people have received their physical copies through the post already, apparently some have also received tracking codes. I haven't received either.

People are complaining about some of the editions missing some stuff, too.

Yeah, not cool for people who paid a ton of money:
From rick5292 on Reddit:

"Hello,

We have decided that the "Making of video on DVD" will also include the last moments of the development AND the final release, thus we will release it to the backers later. The printed manual was not produced at the end, so we focused on more useful, interactive in-game help. The metal box was one of the considered options in the beginning, but it was way too expensive, heavy for distribution, and not practical for the inlay. We still believe that the package has great production value, along with the additional content added which will now include the development and final release. In the meantime, enjoy the game and keep it medieval!

Thank you for support!"

I paid for Baron that thankfully was cheaper than a normal physcial store edition, and has a poster and a OST (thought the promised printed manual is missing) so im not mad or anything, but backers above me payed a lot more and where promised better stuff and now they are getting a worse special physical edition that is actually more expensive than the special edition that you can buy in stores.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

I know the pc codes are active, if you go here:
https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards

and sign in , do you not see ps4 key or anything?

Yeah, not cool for people who paid a ton of money:

I paid for Baron that thankfully was cheaper than a normal physcial store edition, and has a poster and a OST (thought the promised printed manual is missing) so im not mad or anything, but backers above me payed a lot more and where promised better stuff and now they are getting a worse special physical edition that is actually more expensive than the special edition that you can buy in stores.

That's weird, I coulda swore this past week I saw them talk about the backer editions of the physical game being bigger/better then the retail physical CE that has the steelbook/map, etc.

Yeah I found it:

Does the physical backer edition not have a steelbook/figurine, etc in them?

Last edited:

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Thanks, nice.

Also, I LOVE how they implemented the drunk system here. First when you drink a beer or met, nothing happens, after a minute the whole screen and game graphic get's oversharpened for a while which looks quite interesting in motion, it literally sharpens your senses.

u02cxFO.png

But after a few minutes, the alcohol kicks in, the circle increases and everything becomes blurry.

sNwPGxa.png

65QJfy8.png

Everything, from one drink, over time and quite realistic. This game is awesome.
If you drink more you can level drinking up of course and get some drinking perks.

Was that effect the result of ONE drink, or more than one... ?????

Cos the realism is the aspect that concerns me, this is not at all realistic, it's implementation of "Realism"... you wouldn't have this effect IRL but having one beer.

Other such nonsense issues converting realism to gameplay is things like "Just died of thirst during a battle cos I forgot to have a drink earlier" or "Just shit me pants during this life or death fight cos I forgot to go to the toilet earlier", usually the result of managing depleting bars.

I was hoping this game might do it better, but if one beer is going be like dropping a MDMA tablet, then my interest in this game may drop..

Converting realism to gameplay mechnaics is very difficult and I haven't seen a game do it right yet. This is my main concern with this game.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool OT.

I predict close to 70 average, its one of those games a lot of people might not 'get'.

I look forward to trying it in a few weeks when the price drops.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, nice.

Ha! This sounds awesome. Everything else I'm reading about this game makes it sound like I can properly role play the shit out of this.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Was that effect the result of ONE drink, or more than one... ?????

Cos the realism is the aspect that concerns me, this is not at all realistic, it's implementation of "Realism"... you wouldn't have this effect IRL but having one beer.

Other such nonsense issues converting realism to gameplay is things like "Just died of thirst during a battle cos I forgot to have a drink earlier" or "Just shit me pants during this life or death fight cos I forgot to go to the toilet earlier", usually the result of managing depleting bars.

I was hoping this game might do it better, but if one beer is going be like dropping a MDMA tablet, then my interest in this game may drop..

Converting realism to gameplay mechnaics is very difficult and I haven't seen a game do it right yet. This is my main concern with this game.

Jesus Christ, calm down, yes, it's from one drink, because you are a young boy, who never drunk before and you have to level this up too and get some perks.
Drink a few beer and it should be already better.