• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Royal Edition that contains all DLCs and patches will be coming out in early june and Deep Silver decided to do another run of a (somewhat different) Collector's Edition

kcdrecollectorseditioqakst.png

I already have the previous two CEs (one by Warhorse from Kickstarter and one by Deep Silver) so might as well complete the collection

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
The Royal Edition that contains all DLCs and patches will be coming out in early june and Deep Silver decided to do another run of a (somewhat different) Collector's Edition

I already have the previous two CEs (one by Warhorse from Kickstarter and one by Deep Silver) so might as well complete the collection
I guess that means A Woman's Lot comes out very soon

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

New developer update: Goes into detail about the new DLC. Also mentions that they now have 120 employees and are moving to a new office to facilitate even more.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I'm thinking about picking up the game especially now that the royal edition has come out but I'm hoping someone can answer how involved the sim aspects are? Is it like Outward where the game is built around the exploration/survival sim, or is it just slightly present to add immersion? I enjoy survival sim elements especially prepping/planning but honestly find they wear on me quite quickly, the novelty for me wear off fast.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking about picking up the game especially now that the royal edition has come out but I'm hoping someone can answer how involved the sim aspects are? Is it like Outward where the game is built around the exploration/survival sim, or is it just slightly present to add immersion? I enjoy survival sim elements especially prepping/planning but honestly find they wear on me quite quickly, the novelty for me wear off fast.

The simulation mechanics are not very intrusive, no. Factors like hunger or sleep are quite easily managed; other systems like alchemy have you going through a preparation process instead of just creating concoctions instantly through a menu, but that sort of stuff you can generally avoid if you prefer.

I believe there's a Hardcore mode that adds more weight to the sim elements, but if you just play on the normal difficulty, you shouldn't find them overbearing. The biggest challenge will be combat, especially against multiple opponents. You start off as a total novice and you'll have to go through several cycles of training before you acquire all of the basic swordplay abilities.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
The simulation mechanics are not very intrusive, no. Factors like hunger or sleep are quite easily managed; other systems like alchemy have you going through a preparation process instead of just creating concoctions instantly through a menu, but that sort of stuff you can generally avoid if you prefer.

I believe there's a Hardcore mode that adds more weight to the sim elements, but if you just play on the normal difficulty, you shouldn't find them overbearing. The biggest challenge will be combat, especially against multiple opponents. You start off as a total novice and you'll have to go through several cycles of training before you acquire all of the basic swordplay abilities.

Thanks, sounds good.

I'll be playing on PC, are there any mods I should be looking at? Especially regarding combat? I've heard "better Combat" might be good.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to get into this. I tried it twice now and ended up uninstalling it each time. Combat is so awful.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So just came across this on Gamepass, I've played it only short time on PC but giving it another go on Xbox. Feels good to me? It's different because it looks like fantasy just minus the Supernatural shit.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just got the game for free through Epic Games Store...are the DLC worth getting?...is one DLC much better then the rest?

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
I just got the game for free through Epic Games Store...are the DLC worth getting?...is one DLC much better then the rest?
A Woman's Lot was really well done, and you get a dog! From The Ashes let's you build a town, I think Tourny is free, it's a fun way to test your combat skills and helps you level up. I haven't interacted with the other ones yet.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A Woman's Lot was really well done, and you get a dog! From The Ashes let's you build a town, I think Tourny is free, it's a fun way to test your combat skills and helps you level up. I haven't interacted with the other ones yet.

when the game first came out there were reports of game breaking bugs and performance issues...now that it's been 2 years, is the game in much better shape now or are there still major issues?

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
when the game first came out there were reports of game breaking bugs and performance issues...now that it's been 2 years, is the game in much better shape now or are there still major issues?

Anecdotal, but I dumped about 75 hours into it in December and it seemed stable. No crashes. Kind of up and down performance but I'm on a 1080 Ti and it was able to brute force things when needed. Might drop frames on lower end kit.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017

Stability-wise it's definitely better, but it's a demanding game. In my experience towns are more demanding CPU-wise than most AAA games.

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
The movement and stuff, espeically in the tutorial, can feel janky to people, but it's just a stylistic thing. I haven't experienced any big bugs in recent patches.
The one problem I have is sometimes I'll get stuck on stairs. Like I'll have to walk backwards then forwards again to get over a little step. Could be that some physics are tied to framerate or something, and I'm at 80 FPS usually.