• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

EDIT: We appreciate everyone who took the time to contact us privately to help improve our policies. After discussion and review, we are softening enforcement of the last sentence of Rule 1 – this was never intended to forbid discussion about Vávra as a writer or a developer but rather to close a loophole whereby posters were deliberately attempting to provoke others with vague drive by posts. You should still not do that. However, it is certainly possible to appreciate the accomplishments of the development team without subscribing to Vávra's personal views.
2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.
There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

01-titleu7sh0.png

02-infolysd4.png

03-storykgk6l.png

04-gameplay2hk8a.png

05-combat6vsqj.png

06-screenshots4hs8o.png

07-thread-rules1xs8x.png

09-videoso0sg2.png

• Final Trailer

• Of Minds, Blades & Schnapps (Gameplay explained)

08-linkszesfs.png

ResetEra:
Guides (External):
About the game (External):

10-animated-gifssnsj3.png

kcd-fightgmss9.gif

kcd-monasteryarsqw.gif

11-faqabsac.png

• Saving in this game is rubbish. Is there a fix?
    There is a mod called Unlimited Saving. It's simply amazing!

• Will there there be a Day 1 Patch?
    Unfortunately yes, and it's 23 GB (confimed in another thread, PS4).

• When does the review embargo lift?
    12:01 a.m. PT Feb 13 (livestreams 9 p.m. Feb 12)

• When does the game unlock? (Steam)... also Pre-loading?
    12:00 a.m. PT / 9 a.m. CET Feb 13.
    Pre-loading is active now.

• What game engine is utilized by Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
    Cry Engine 3

• Will the PC version support modding? (thanks Flips)
    The game will support modding and the devs plan to release their game making tools and support the modding community (1). Those tools won't be available at release, though (2).

(1) https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/category-definition-for-modding/7301
    (2) https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/modding-possibilities-for-kc-d/27707

• When did they start developing this game?
    About 4 years ago. On January 22, 2014, Warhorse Studios launched a crowdfunding campaign via Kickstarter. On February 20, 2014, the fund was completed, raising a total of GB£1,106,371. Even after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, the crowd funding was continued through the studios' website. (more info on the Wiki page)
12-other-noteshnsiv.png

• This is my first OT. Any constructive feedback, that i can use for further OTs is highly welcome. Please send me a private message.
  • As far as i can see there is NO review thread yet! If you start one, please let me know so i can link it.
  • Please help to build up a FAQ. If you think that something should to be added, either mention my name or send a PM (so i don't miss it).

Thank you for reading and have fun!

Cheers,
Ilmyr

Last edited by a moderator:

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! Can't wait to play such a unique game.

Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT, my 1070 died a couple of days ago and i switched to the PS4 version, 30fps but i want to play it.

Less than 24 hours to go!

Z0mbicide

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just curious, is all combat and non-cutscene gameplay in first person only? This release snuck up on me and I didn't educate myself in the slightest.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Great OT, and from what I have seen of the game, I definitely like its grounded story telling approach. It is quite refreshing actually.

Got this game on PC since I contributed to the Kickstarter. However, I have got a Mac and don't play gaming on Mac/PC anymore anyway. As such, I will probably get it later, depending on the general reception as well (as there are many games in by backlog and also more games I am anticipating over the next few months)

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, you're too hard on Vavra

He's just a poor boy from a poor family!
Spare him his life from this atrocity!
Galileo! Galileo! Figaro!

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After reading impressions and watching a few videos over the last few days I think I need this game.

RPG's in this vein need to be supported.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
No early reviews yet? I am still not entirely sure if I should get it. I don't want to be burned like with Elex.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Fantastic OT.

I'm still on the fence though, waiting for reviews and impressions. I'd also like a 3rd person perspective mod, if possible.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll give it a shot. Not sure I can play it because first person usually gives me motion sickness but the concept sounds too unique for me to ignore. Wish there were more games like it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Very good OT! Here are my thoughts so far from the impressions thread and a link to even more from the threads before:

I love it more and more as more I play. When the game opens up after 9 hours, it's so f'n beautiful. Did a sidequest where I had to catch birds and it is just fun walking to these beautiful woods and enjoying the game mechanics. Right now, it could be a serious GOTY contender for me if it continues to keep me sucked in to his world.

The OST is incredible.

I did huge postings about other things of the game, fighting, frame pacing problems, survival aspect, gifs and more twice so I won't repeat it here until you ask, but if you want to read about that, here is the direct link:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-impressions-thread-tread-lightly.22499/#post-4402670

Oh, also, I did a fist fighting sidequest and I think this is the very first time a video game implemented the heaviness and the outcome of such a fight this perfectly. Had the third fight of the quest and while I successfully beat my opponent, my body was hurt, my life and stamina was cut in half and my clothes were broken down to around 40-0% durability which you can even see cause the clothes literally get dirty and torn. You can feel that your character had a fist fight with a real human person and you can't do that against 3 other people at the same time or right after, it was the perfect feeling. I hope this won't change later when I have more skill and everything, but at this point, it felt amazing.

Also, once you come to the advanced combat tutorial, the sword fight mechanisms get really exiting, feels fantastic!

Here is a new night gif I made, its pretty much pitch black in the woods, good luck there without a torch.

agL9LYU.gif

And here are two old ones. :)

OPs3sWp.gif

3RmyYMK.gif

More pictures and gifs are coming later.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats on your first OT.

Can't wait to dive into this when it unlocks.

CeRXr.gif

Love how night actually looks like night, gonna make traveling a lot more suspenseful at night, especially if there are random enemies and things that ambush you.

Last edited:

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Gonna keep an eye on this game, It looks great but the realism aspect of it is holding me back... Playing through the Witcher 3 anyway at the moment so will keep an eye on it till the GoG Release on 27th Feb...

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Great OT.

Just received my Collectors Edition for PC. My Ryzen 7 will come tomorrow. So yea, it's about to go down big time.

OP
OP
Ilmyr

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
RPG's in this vein need to be supported.

Exactly my thoughts. What i'm most excited about to try is how your reputation and appearance (quality of clothing) as well as your actions affect the game world. This is something that you don't see a lot in modern RPGs, and it often feels somewhat static. So i'm curious how complex it feels. I had no opportunity to play the game yet.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
yeah i can relate. I would play an rpg like this but the first person melee combat is something i really dislike. We'll see.
Precisely. I mean, the models are there, and your character even casts shadows if you look on the ground. Also, as this is a single player game, there's simply no harm in implementing it. It won't affect anyone.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Finally a thread with just the right content without same stories all over again. Hope you guys wont start anything that has been said 1000 times already. I am really looking forward to this game and this thread can give me cool insight.

When does the embargo lift?

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pre-ordered on CDkeys. Really hope this is good, an open-world immersive sim in medieval times is a concept I never knew I wanted.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered yesterday. Hopefully this ends up being good. Got it straight from Steam just in case I end up refunding.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are those bullshots in the OT? If not it's looking like a mighty fine game. It's the cohesion of every element overall, gives it really a realistic feel.

kionedrik

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT.

The fact this comes out tomorrow almost feels like some sick cosmic joke, because it's my day off but after that I'll be leaving on a business trip, which means I can either start playing tomorrow and be anxious to return to it throughout the week or hold on a little more and only start playing once I come back.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I'm pretty convinced that I want it now, but I'll wait until tomorrow for reviews just to be sure.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Baron backer physical game on the mail.
Seems that the printed manual was cancelled for backers so im a little sad about that, I always enjoy a good printed manual.
The making of dvd seems to be coming later, so i hope they hear people and add the manual when they send that.

Other than that everything else got in a good shape, and I cant wait to install it.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Great OT!

Anyone know if the preload is live or going to happen? A few days ago I saw it was said they planning on doing it but not sure if it has materialised.
Will most likely be available before launch. Hang tight friends, and just know that all other posts about this will be deleted in order to keep the forums cleaner. Thanks!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332319655346/
When does the embargo lift?
12:01 a.m. PT Feb 13 (livestreams 9 p.m. Feb 12)

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went from not knowing this game existed to being super interested in the last two weeks. Can't wait to try it.

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling/bad faith (low post count; user's first post was asking this very same question about Vávra's racism, and user acknowledged the answer received) and disregarding moderation instructions in the OP.
Very nice OT!

Though I still think that starting all posts about this game with big red words "[The head developer's] views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist" as if it were a commonly known proven fact, without providing any support for such severe allegations, is stretching it too far. I mean, is there a court ruling that Vavra is a racist? Who decided that it's an undisputed fact, and based on what? I can only scratch my head. Sorry if my rant offended anyone, but the phrasing of this red warning really rubs me the wrong way.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a review copy but some serious life stuff got in the way so I'm not going to get a full picture of the game before release. A good handful of hours in and I see a lot of potential, lots of nifty little systems in the game that really give it an authentic feel. I have run into a few glitches, weird camera oddities and once an NPC's clothes forgot to render. Probably can't say more than that under embargo.

Also I've been playing on PC, GTX 1080, 7700K core. I can run Ultra High settings at 1080p60 most of the time without issue, with only some framerate hiccups in the occasional dense town areas. Haven't messed too much with higher resolutions or framerates otherwise.

The review embargo is "12:01 a.m. PT on Tuesday, Feb 13". I know a lot of places only got the game a few days ago so I wouldn't be surprised if reviews pop up over the course of next week or so rather than all at the embargo.