• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I just had one of the most unexpected, funny quests I have encountered since the Witcher party in Kaer Morhen.

I was investigating this murder in Uschwitze, the priest knew something but I had to gain his trust. So we met at the tavern at night....

After a long conversation about Henry, Skalitz and the sermon the priest asks me if I stay for a drink. Good lad that I am I accepted his invitation and what followed had to be one of the most legendary nights in bohemia PERIOD.
The night gets really wild and shortly after we start partying like it's 1999 the bailiff comes crashing in with two goons, telling us to fuck off because it is way past midnight and the curfew has already been broken. He kicks us out and the scene escalates as we end up in a fistfight through the streets of the village while it is raining. The next thing that happened... we were drunk out of our minds climbing the church spire to ring the bell. Some ladies accompanied us. We ring the bell and the priest starts puking out of the tower window. That was not the end though, it went on in a barn outside the village. Where things got really "hot" and the night ended in an orgy. After that we were roaming the fields, staring at the sunset, farting in the wind and mooing like cows.

I'm in tears. Seriously.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Is there a reason why guards randomly search you? I've been stealing stuff but been making sure not to get seen. Now im constantly getting searched. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing a mechanic of the game.

Type422

Nov 28, 2017
So I just had one of the most unexpected, funny quests I have encountered since the Witcher party in Kaer Morhen.

I was investigating this murder in Uschwitze, the priest knew something but I had to gain his trust. So we met at the tavern at night....

After a long conversation about Henry, Skalitz and the sermon the priest asks me if I stay for a drink. Good lad that I am I accepted his invitation and what followed had to be one of the most legendary nights in bohemia PERIOD.
The night gets really wild and shortly after we start partying like it's 1999 the bailiff comes crashing in with two goons, telling us to fuck off because it is way past midnight and the curfew has already been broken. He kicks us out and the scene escalates as we end up in a fistfight through the streets of the village while it is raining. The next thing that happened... we were drunk out of our minds climbing the church spire to ring the bell. Some ladies accompanied us. We ring the bell and the priest starts puking out of the tower window. That was not the end though, it went on in a barn outside the village. Where things got really "hot" and the night ended in an orgy. After that we were roaming the fields, staring at the sunset, farting in the wind and mooing like cows.

I'm in tears. Seriously.

Haha, was in tears there, too xD There's another great one in the Uschwitze area!

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why guards randomly search you? I've been stealing stuff but been making sure not to get seen. Now im constantly getting searched. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing a mechanic of the game.
I haven't played the game myself yet, buy are you dressed like a thief? Ai is meant to react to how you're dressed so it might be that?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the attention to detail it's hilarious some of the canned animations they gave Henry. I'm not sure finger wagging like a scolding mother lives up to "historically accurate" aspirations.

Hoshigumi

Dec 1, 2017
South Wales - UK
As I was carrying out the orders of my Ser, I bumped into a Wayfaring Knight who asked me to duel him, after I questioned why he informed me that it was for honour.

I agreed to duel, after he gave me a furious beating I attempted to yield and surrender, instead of immediately accepting he continued to lash at me with his sword and almost killed me before he decided to stop.

In my anger I lost my cool and as he turned his back on me I choked him out, put my sword through him and dumped his body in a nearby river after stealing all of his belongings.

I'm currently waiting to see if anybody finds his body and I get arrested by the medieval CSI.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Traversing in this game is awful, you get stuck in plenty of places, invisible wall, objects and vegetation you should be able to jump or cross and you can't. Having fun with the game but I wish it was more polished.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Did ex Elder Scrolls people work on this or something? Totally looks like an elder scrolls game.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
The lockpicking game needs to die a long, lonesome death. The one who came up with this probably enjoys seeing and hearing people struggle .

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Give your bow a crosshair and more with Kingdom Come: Deliverance console commands
wh_pl_showfirecursor 1

Using a bow and arrow accurately is especially tricky in KCD due to the lack of an crosshair. This command adds an aiming reticle anytime you use a bow. To turn it back off, replace the 1 with a 0. You will have to put your bow away and then take it out again to see the changes on-screen.
https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-console-commands/

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Is there any way of changing the sensitivity of the controller while playing on the ps4 version...I can't seem to find it on the options :(

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Mafia 1 and 2.
And it behaves nothing like a bethesda game, apart from the bugs

I don't know I'm 10 or so hours in and although it is more cinematic then elder scrolls with a fixed character and story, there are a ton of similarities. Even the menus and leveling are straight out of oblivion.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know I'm 10 or so hours in and although it is more cinematic then elder scrolls with a fixed character and story, there are a ton of similarities. Even the menus and leveling are straight out of oblivion.
I take the story, how is told, how the characters are written, how non repetitive shit are the sidequests, how dialogue choices affect things, how many different options you have to resolve a sidequest, not using markers for most of this options... a really important part of an rpg. Bethesda studios doesnt know to make any of those things even if their lives depend on it.

The nearest thing this game feels to something done in gamebryo is New Vegas, and thats a good thing in my opinion.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's very true. But I did like the UI style and leveling in Oblivion so I'm happy they took over the good parts and ignored the rest.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I take the story, how is told, how the characters are written, how non repetitive shit are the sidequests, how dialogue choices affect things, how many different options you have to resolve a sidequest, not using markers for most of this options... a really important part of an rpg. Bethesda studios doesnt know to make any of those things even if their lives depend on it.

The nearest thing this game feels to something done in gamebryo is New Vegas, and thats a good thing in my opinion.

Eh I really liked some of the quest lines in the elder scrolls games. Actually the thieves guild in Oblivion is one of my favs of all time. I am eager to get to some of the more interesting quests and characters like you said. But right now it's a lot of running behind a noble on their horse, hunting rabbits for an hour, getting the run around back and forth to every coal burner camp in the land and what not.

code

Oct 25, 2017
some guard wanted to stop me so i dropped all my stolen items before, but it was not for that it was because i was walking without a torch at night (had to pay 30 groschen btw) and now its hard to steal them again from the ground with all those guards around lol, im glad im using the save mod :p

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's something you can do to make guards stop constantly searching you. I've been dropping my stuff on the ground (thanks Vishmarx), but they keep stopping me.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
So I was doing this quest last night, up until the part where you have to go kill the 2 bandits.

I decided to wait until midnight to ambush them, at first I went to the camp marker on the map, only to find that it was the spot where you started your hunt with Hans, so I headed back the other direction. Since I was trying to ambush them, I did not have my torch out, wandering in the dark with my horse behind me. I whistled so that she would catch up to me and fucking out of nowhere she busted out from a bush right in front, scaring the shit out of me. I found the 2 sleeping bandits and clobbered them to death in their sleep. No honor, no shame, I am just a poor peasant doing jobs of the police.

Finally, I looted everything from them, ate my fill from their pot and slept until morn. When I was making way back to the charcoal-burners, I met a murderer looting a corpse. Dude made haste out of there, I gave chase, only to remember I could not fucking run because I am bloated from the food and encumbered by the loots. Dude was gone after I manage to drag my ass up on my horse.

Found the kid, made my way back, horse got stuck in a bush, disappeared, left me trapped in the ground.

I kinda like this game.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The attention to detail is incredible. I could see myself coming back to this game for a long time.

Hoshigumi

Dec 1, 2017
South Wales - UK
So I was doing this quest last night, up until the part where you have to go kill the 2 bandits.

I decided to wait until midnight to ambush them, at first I went to the camp marker on the map, only to find that it was the spot where you started your hunt with Hans, so I headed back the other direction. Since I was trying to ambush them, I did not have my torch out, wandering in the dark with my horse behind me. I whistled so that she would catch up to me and fucking out of nowhere she busted out from a bush right in front, scaring the shit out of me. I found the 2 sleeping bandits and clobbered them to death in their sleep. No honor, no shame, I am just a poor peasant doing jobs of the police.

Finally, I looted everything from them, ate my fill from their pot and slept until morn. When I was making way back to the charcoal-burners, I met a murderer looting a corpse. Dude made haste out of there, I gave chase, only to remember I could not fucking run because I am bloated from the food and encumbered by the loots. Dude was gone after I manage to drag my ass up on my horse.

Found the kid, made my way back, horse got stuck in a bush, disappeared, left me trapped in the ground.

I kinda like this game.

Lol! I didn't even get that because I decided to lie and tell the guy I'd already taken care of them and he foolishly believed me.

Oct 25, 2017
Still didn't play it since day one, didn't have time last night, I think I'll continue my journey after work. Really can't wait to go back to the starting town and see how it looks like now.

I want to specialize in archery as far as combat goes, but for some reason in this game I really don't feel like doing most things I see people doing. Like, for example, if I see a Bandit camp, I'm just getting the hell out. I can't point my finger at why exactly that is, but the game really makes me consider the consequences of my actions. Lockpicking doesn't feel like just a little minigame before I get my sweet loot, it feels like something I shouldn't be doing unless I want to be a thief. Even the elevated difficulty contributes to that.

They made a good job at grounding the mechanics and make me consider the implications of what I'm doing instead of the mechanics just being "the fun parts" between "the serious story parts".

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This game looks downright amazing at times, especially the scenery, they really nailed the "natural/countryside" look of everything.

YksRVwM.jpg

Ed917A2.jpg

aLahBml.jpg
oNIKp6c.jpg

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can apparently pour alcohol into food of enemies and then they are then worse at combat, hah.

Watching 90 minute interview with Vávra, some info:

- they are already working on the DLC questline with playing as a woman (I think Theresa will be the protagonist?)

- They are planning fairly longterm support for the game, have 10 dedicated people watching streams and forums to get as much feedback as possible for bugfixing. Apparently they never saw the Flying Dragon Kick bug before it was recorded :)

- As far as modding, he says they did not have time before launch to look into it in detail, but now they will investigate how possible it will be to release some tools - they rewrote most of the cryengine but are not sure what they can release from legal standpoint, so it will require some negotiation with Crytek. Of course he cannot promise anything specific yet because of that.

- Making of documentary was delayed because they want it to include the time before launch, launch party, feedback and reactions etc.

- the R&D they made and tools they developed should make development of future game significantly less difficult and hopefully faster

- crowdfunding for the future game is something to consider, he brings up Swen Vincke and how they did kickstarter for Original Sin 2 eventhough OS1 made lot of money, crowdfunding is a way to measure interest, build relationship with fans etc

- czech voice acting: Warhorse want it, but the game has 110 hours of voice acting, in real terms it would probably take around 3 months of work of 5 directors, 3 audio engineers, 50 actors, ton of QA..and he questions if the opportunity cost would be worth it, since it would mean not being able to do other stuff that might be more important/useful...basically they want to do it if the game is successful but cannot promise it yet

- before even starting the company, after leaving 2K, he spent 2 years reading and studying historical literature (for example work of Zikmund Winter who wrote some 2000 archaic czech page work about medieval life called "Cultural Image of Czech towns"). He describes how he had to write 80-page manual about medieval clothing for the artists because the clothing was completely different with different names et cetera..and then had to find specific professional who dealt with this as a vocation to find all the flaws and errors anyway..in total, around 20 people were consulted regarding various specific things

- didn't want to do Hussite Wars right away because it would be too much, so they searched for smaller interesting events and locations where they took place and found that first invasion of Sigismund which provided good background for the game, the burning of Silver Skalitz actually happened and it served as a good starting point. The time period was also selected because it is just before advent of guns (which they did not want) but right after the golden years of Charles IV's reign

- he came up with the idea for the teleshopping advert, they actually intended to run it on German TV like actual teleshopping, but didn't have time :D

- talks about the futility of DRM and that it is useless anyway so they didn't bother (he didn't know about the online check fuck-up, but it confirms it was unintentional)

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say if I let my 12 year old nephew play this my sister in law will be very very upset with me?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they are already working on the DLC questline with playing as a woman (I think Theresa will be the protagonist?)
That's great to hear. Hopefully they take their time with it, and it's a meaty DLC with at least a few hours of content. (I remain extremely annoyed how CI Games released the Lydia DLC for SGW3 and it was like 15 minutes long.)
As far as modding, he says they did not have time before launch to look into it in detail, but now they will investigate how possible it will be to release some tools - they rewrote most of the cryengine but are not sure what they can release from legal standpoint, so it will require some negotiation with Crytek. Of course he cannot promise anything specific yet because of that.
That's unfortunate, but on the bright side the game does seem to use a lot of raw XML, even for menus, so I think some degree of modding should be relatively easy. If you're really desperate, you can do a lot with CryEngine without modding tools.
the R&D they made and tools they developed should make development of future game significantly less difficult and hopefully faster
That means they're sticking with their custom version of CryEngine, I assume?

Oct 25, 2017
Is it safe to assume they're watching this thread? If so, please, Warhorse people, add an option to enable both camera and object motion blur. I'd personally side in the forum wars with the Object side if my PC was strong enough to run it at 60fps, but since I have to settle for 30, I kinda need that camera motion blur for it to feel less stuttery. It would be great if I didn't have to choose one or the other.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's unfortunate, but on the bright side the game does seem to use a lot of raw XML, even for menus, so I think some degree of modding should be relatively easy. If you're really desperate, you can do a lot with CryEngine without modding tools.

Yeah he said he had mind blown over and over by what modders were able to do with Mafia 1 that was never meant for modding and no tools were released, that russian modders in particular are just insane (in good way) reverse engineers :)
And that cryengine by its nature means being more open from the outset.

That means they're sticking with their custom version of CryEngine, I assume?

Yeah by implication I think that is very likely, although no doubt they will keep upgrading it. HDR support would be good for next game at least..

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As I was carrying out the orders of my Ser, I bumped into a Wayfaring Knight who asked me to duel him, after I questioned why he informed me that it was for honour.

I agreed to duel, after he gave me a furious beating I attempted to yield and surrender, instead of immediately accepting he continued to lash at me with his sword and almost killed me before he decided to stop.

In my anger I lost my cool and as he turned his back on me I choked him out, put my sword through him and dumped his body in a nearby river after stealing all of his belongings.

I'm currently waiting to see if anybody finds his body and I get arrested by the medieval CSI.
I lost my first fight against him, and ran into him again while fast travelling. I beat him that time, and he just said he needs to train better and walked away. I didn't get anything out of it. Good riddance. Tell me if you run into another one. I'm curious if they're all different knights or if it's the same one. I might just kill him next time.

One of my favorite things to do in fist fights is to pull out a sword, and when the enemy starts running, I chase them down, tackle them, then finish them off or loot them and leave them there.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, fuck it. I've thrown in the lockpick, arrow trail and Encumbrance mods and am diving in. I'm not touching the save game mod because future patches are sure to break it.

AerialFox

Oct 27, 2017
See im sure there is an issue on console, but lock picking on PC is hardly a challenge, IF you are going for the lock that matches your skill. As you level up it's a lot less janky, smooths out and might even give a bigger sweet spot. You just have to put in the time to rank up in game, and understand it out.

Didn't know the encumbrance mod was a thing, but that kinda breaks a big part of the game. You are just a blacksmith son, you aren't Hercules.

Anyway, regardless, the game is amazing and no matter how you all experience it I hope you enjoy.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
- They are planning fairly longterm support for the game, have 10 dedicated people watching streams and forums to get as much feedback as possible for bugfixing. Apparently they never saw the Flying Dragon Kick bug before it was recorded :)

Oh no, I like this kind of bug, a bit like the Skyrim giants who sent you to the moon, it was more fun than disabling.

- czech voice acting: Warhorse want it, but the game has 110 hours of voice acting, in real terms it would probably take around 3 months of work of 5 directors, 3 audio engineers, 50 actors, ton of QA..and he questions if the opportunity cost would be worth it, since it would mean not being able to do other stuff that might be more important/useful...basically they want to do it if the game is successful but cannot promise it yet

I am surprised that they did not consider a Russian translation: the number of Russian Youtubers playing on it is really high. But clearly it takes a lot of resources...
Thank you for the translation anyway.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Mafia 1 had a really well done sex scene so this doesnt surprise me.

The difference here is that this guys made Mafia 1 and 2, so no strangers to game development.
Thats not to say this is a small feat, they didnt have as much money this time as other aaa publishers.
Wait, really?!

Now I'm more interested in this.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
I lost my first fight against him, and ran into him again while fast travelling. I beat him that time, and he just said he needs to train better and walked away. I didn't get anything out of it. Good riddance. Tell me if you run into another one. I'm curious if they're all different knights or if it's the same one. I might just kill him next time.

One of my favorite things to do in fist fights is to pull out a sword, and when the enemy starts running, I chase them down, tackle them, then finish them off or loot them and leave them there.
You can tell him to duel for some rewards, otherwise you get nothing. I chickened out when negotiating the reward, beat him and got nothing. LOL.

And I ran into another knight, was winning against him when then the game crashed.

philm87

Jan 9, 2018
Didn't know the encumbrance mod was a thing, but that kinda breaks a big part of the game. You are just a blacksmith son, you aren't Hercules.

Isn't the lockpicking thing similar? Although maybe they've gone too extreme on it, but not tried it myself yet. Not supposed to know how to lock pick efficiently as the character hasn't had to do it before. I believe it gets easier the more you do it anyway? Not got a choice to mod on PS4 anyhow, but hope they somehow get the GoT mod on there when it releases! Warhorse didn't rule out console modding support.