• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
He said next week for certification submission. But that was before all these bugs were reported. They have some work to do with some hot fixes now.

Hotfix is up for PC now.

Last edited:

RyanRad

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played since release, did they fix the road encounter bug yet? The one where it just stops happening halfway through?

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
I keep getting stuck when I open the map. A loading icon pop ups at the bottom right when I zoom in/out and never goes away.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Early combat when up against more than one opponent at once is ridiculously unbalanced against the player. Don't suppose there's any mods that do something like stop multiple opponents attacking at once or anything are there just to rebalance things a bit better?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing with Patch 1.4.1, and aside from one crash during combat, the game has been smooth sailing, and feels much more refined than 1.3, which I'd been playing until I put the game on pause for a while. I think KCD is genuinely one of the greatest RPGs and also open world games of the past decade. I'd hesitantly put it just a notch below the STALKER games. The open world is masterful, full of memorable landmarks and organic paths. The entire world feels hand-crafted and lived in. It's an example of the "graphics = immersion" mantra that Crytek believed in, and it's fitting the game runs on CryEngine for that reason. The game's writing is exceptionally good, and the voice acting is solid for the most part.

I think it's a bit of a shame that KCD has been mostly overlooked outside the "Aware that Gothic exists" demographic. You don't really see people talking about it a month or two after release. (Although that honestly isn't entirely unusual for a singleplayer game.) I do think the combat alienates some people, and that is really the problem with melee combat. Look at STALKER. The guns might handle kinda shitty, but anyone can pick up a pistol and figure out how to make things dead with it. In KCD, there's a rather fiddly melee combat system -- they could have implemented a Bethesda-style "mash the left mouse button to kill everything" system, but while that appeals strongly to casual gamers, it's the source of many complaints.

But yea, it's a really good game. Post-release support so far has been great, and I'm looking forward to the DLC and further mechanical improvements. It's a GOTY contender for me. It's the polar opposite of the kind of "friendly" design you might find in Ubisoft's open world games, and I think it's great companies like Warhorse can deliver these kind of experiences. I'm not saying stuff like Far Cry 5 is "inferior", but that games like this offer a "different", more niche experience that is refreshing in its way.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Super unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the Monastery portion. I kind of went too fast, I may reload later and do more of the sidequests. Really wasn't as terrible as people made it out to be, just follow the schedule and you're fine.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
So I just got to the quest where you have to investigate the camp in the northern woods. I poisonned the pot and legged it back to my boy Radzig to grass on the bandits and now were going in for an attack. And I am getting fucking rekt. What am I doing wrong? I have been using archery for most combat so far. I don't have any armour, barely any money, a shit half sword and I am going up against dudes in full on suits of armour who can two shot my ass? I have died 7 times trying to 'deal with the archers', am I missing something here or is this game just ridiculously hard on purpose?

Just think how it's on real life, you have no armor and a shit sword, would you have any chance of surviving?

How long have you been playing? I think you advanced through the main story too quickly, I have played for 15-20 hours and I'm about to do that attack, I have already reported about the camp (I found it impossible to sabotage it without alerting everyone). I have pretty good armor and a decent sword. I have like 5k coins. If I go up against several enemies it's still very hard, so I'll have to see how I do on the attack.

EDIT: Most of my coins have been made by stealing.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Yes it is. A few times in fact.
Happened twice to me so far.

First time all I did was agree to try on a shirt for Lady Stephanie. Next thing I know I'm having sex with her, then she immediately goes to pray with her husband.

And then I agree to go drinking with Father Goodwin in order to earn his trust. Next thing I know I'm in a barfight, then suddenly the barmaid is riding me while the Father screws a concubine 3 feet away

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just think how it's on real life, you have no armor and a shit sword, would you have any chance of surviving?

How long have you been playing? I think you advanced through the main story too quickly, I have played for 15-20 hours and I'm about to do that attack, I have already reported about the camp (I found it impossible to sabotage it without alerting everyone). I have pretty good armor and a decent sword. I have like 5k coins. If I go up against several enemies it's still very hard, so I'll have to see how I do on the attack.

EDIT: Most of my coins have been made by stealing.

heh it's been a week or so of playtime since then. I still haven't done that quest, but you were right. I realised I missed a ton of early quests like learning to pickpocket, learning to lockpick, and earning some groschen to at least buy a sword and some crappy armour. I did a bunch of sidequests and explored the land to glorious avail. I'm still kind of a broke peasant but I levelled up some skills and enjoying the game a lot.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on the Xbox One X, the more I play this the worse the performance gets, especially in towns it's a choppy mess. After the 1.3 patch the frame pacing was fixed and the game smooth. Not so much now. Anything I can do? Hopefully the next patch helps.

Edit: so I found this recent post on the KC forums about the game becoming unplayable on Xbone X:
'Its the halberds everytime the guards switch shifts they drop the halberds these do not dissapear so everytime a day passes more and more appear and needs to be rendered by the game and now you hit the limit of what your game can handle i have the same problem'

I've been noticing halberds laying about. This is so fucking frustrating as I've really gotten into the game. If you listen closely you can hear the ps3 Skyrim save glitch laughing 'oh, ho, ho, etc' ala Jabba the Hutt in the background.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see how they've fucked this patch up.

Sure we'll need another hotfix.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Finally beat the game last night, have to check the final hours put in, but I'm sure it's well over 100. I really enjoyed it overall. Some wonkiness at times, but well worth the money.
Hopefully they'll add that tournament mode to do some PvE duels.
The rumored Theresa DLC should be fun too.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Some update info:
'Patch 1.4.3 (XBox 1.0.0.178) was send out for certification for @Xbox One today. It will contain all recent patches from 1.4 upwards & should be available for users at some time next week. The PS4 & PC versions of the patch are still work in progress and will follow soon. "
https://twitter.com/WarhorseStudios/status/984721361854660608?s=20

From Twitter chat the PS4 update has also been sent for certification.

Gods be praised if this can fix things up.

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im about to buy the game on ps4. I was waiting for a few patch to stabilise the game (im on base PS4) how is the game so far? I heard there's a new patch coming soon for console?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im about to buy the game on ps4. I was waiting for a few patch to stabilise the game (im on base PS4) how is the game so far? I heard there's a new patch coming soon for console?
Yeah 1.4.3 is at Sony and should be released sometime next week, I would recommend starting new game after this one will be out.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I see this game is on sale at Best Buy and I've been curious about it but I know it had a glitchy and below optimal performance issues at launch.

How is it nowadays? Specifically on Xbox One X which is what I'd be playing it on.

If I enjoyed Oblivion/Skyrim, would I enjoy this?

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I see this game is on sale at Best Buy and I've been curious about it but I know it had a glitchy and below optimal performance issues at launch.

How is it nowadays? Specifically on Xbox One X which is what I'd be playing it on.

I can't speak to the X1X performance, but the game was billed as a Skyrim without magic. It's not as sandboxy as Skyrim, and the character isn't a blank slate. I know for some people that's a major turnoff. Besides that, expect for the story to matter more, along with the passage of time. If something sounds pressing, it most likely is. Some side-quests can fail if you leave them on the backburner, and some main quests change quite noticeably if you don't prioritize them.

Besides those differences, yeah there is a lot of overlap. I've met very few people who are RPG fans that dislike the game itself. It's really good.

Dec 9, 2017

I know the framepacing issues have been fixed and the game runs much better than on launch. But as mentioned above it is probably recommended to wait for the patch that should release this upcoming week.
As for the game itself, it is more storydriven than Skyrim - closer to Witcher (pre-set character, lot of elaborate, beautiful cutscenes..) although quests are usually more open ended than those in Witcher.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017

I'd liken it more towards Morrowind especially how your skills suck st the beginning but after some leveling it gets much better. On the Xbone X the game, especially in the woods and countryside, is gorgeous. Unfortunately the game gets broken after playing a bit due to the guards dropping halberds that don't despawn causing towns to be a frame rate slug fest. A patch dropping this week should fix it. It really is an incredibly deep and immersive rpg. You start out as a bumbling peasant and through small victories gradually build a character that is very satisfying. The quests and writing is quite good often with quests developing organically as opposed to the 'go fetch your quests at the nearest bulletein board and do x, y, and z' style. The music is also exceptional.

Hopefully this weeks patch settles the current problems with the game. I'd hold off getting it until this happens.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak to the X1X performance, but the game was billed as a Skyrim without magic. It's not as sandboxy as Skyrim, and the character isn't a blank slate. I know for some people that's a major turnoff. Besides that, expect for the story to matter more, along with the passage of time. If something sounds pressing, it most likely is. Some side-quests can fail if you leave them on the backburner, and some main quests change quite noticeably if you don't prioritize them.

Besides those differences, yeah there is a lot of overlap. I've met very few people who are RPG fans that dislike the game itself. It's really good.

I know the framepacing issues have been fixed and the game runs much better than on launch. But as mentioned above it is probably recommended to wait for the patch that should release this upcoming week.
As for the game itself, it is more storydriven than Skyrim - closer to Witcher (pre-set character, lot of elaborate, beautiful cutscenes..) although quests are usually more open ended than those in Witcher.

I'd liken it more towards Morrowind especially how your skills suck st the beginning but after some leveling it gets much better. On the Xbone X the game, especially in the woods and countryside, is gorgeous. Unfortunately the game gets broken after playing a bit due to the guards dropping halberds that don't despawn causing towns to be a frame rate slug fest. A patch dropping this week should fix it. It really is an incredibly deep and immersive rpg. You start out as a bumbling peasant and through small victories gradually build a character that is very satisfying. The quests and writing is quite good often with quests developing organically as opposed to the 'go fetch your quests at the nearest bulletein board and do x, y, and z' style. The music is also exceptional.

Hopefully this weeks patch settles the current problems with the game. I'd hold off getting it until this happens.
I really appreciate you guys taking the time to write out detailed responses. I also really enjoyed the Witcher 3 so not necessarily looking for a clean slate if you will.
It seems like the game is still a couple patches away from being optimal then huh?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing preview footage of this game last year reminded me of Witcher 1 in a weird way.

Has anyone playing it so for gotten a similar feeling at all?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing preview footage of this game last year reminded me of Witcher 1 in a weird way.

Has anyone playing it so for gotten a similar feeling at all?

There are a few moments in the game that give off a 'witcher' type feeling in terms of quests and mechanics.

If you like witcher/bethesda games you would enjoy this game. Its not perfect by any means but it satisfies a pretty niche place in the market.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm officially fed up with the bugs in the game. Doing the main story quest Baptism of Fire and as soon as it starts the game (ps4 version) hitches like crazy and stays around 5-10fps with the camera spazzing out too. Nothing seems to fix it, not even reloading an earlier save and getting to that point again.

This is like the 5th quest I've had bug out to the point of breaking but 1st main story one. It's really pissed me off.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I was enjoying the game a lot more earlier on than I am now.

This whole stretch in Sasau just feels like pointless filler content to make the game longer. The best part was the main story and how well it was presented, so when the main quest becomes padding, it's hard to stay interested for too long. I even started to skip dialogue, it's just way too boring.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Consoles will get an update this week that 'should' clean up performance issues. This is make it or break it time.

It really is. I put the game on hold about two weeks before 1.3 released due to several quests that were bugged out and after hearing that 1.4 was already well on the way I decided to wait for it as well before jumping back in. I've been waiting what feels like months and honestly at this point if the game doesn't run flawlessly once 1.4 hits console I'm probably going to be done with it.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really is. I put the game on hold about two weeks before 1.3 released due to several quests that were bugged out and after hearing that 1.4 was already well on the way I decided to wait for it as well before jumping back in. I've been waiting what feels like months and honestly at this point if the game doesn't run flawlessly once 1.4 hits console I'm probably going to be done with it.

Gotta admit I don't understand this. The game will get more patches and new content - it will be getting better, not worse - I am personally waiting until Warhorse finishes all DLCs and patches and moves over to sequel before I start playing so I can enjoy the fully finished version. I do this with many games I play (from recent memory, Elex, Mafia 3, ME Andromeda, Bloodborne, Dishonored 2..) and never regretted it.
Of course it sucks that the game was launched in unfinished state, but time will only improve it, not make it worse. I have other games to play in the meantime.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done, unfortunately. I loved the first half, but everything else has been dragging so much, I don't think I want to play this anymore. Though I'd still be more than willing to buy a sequel, because the good parts are REALLY good.

Will I understand anything if I just go watch the ending on youtube or I shouldn't even bother? I got to the monastery quest.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I know people really didn't like the Monastery stuff and the consensus is the quests after near the end of the game feel rushed, but I loved the story from that point on. I was fully invested in the twists and drama. I loved it, even the fetch quests before the climax, it gave me a chance to get some extra armor and horse/gear hunting done for the end.

You may not understand the ending Gbraga, there are characters involved that don't get introduced until late in the game.
And the game doesn't really end per se.

Oct 25, 2017
I know people really didn't like the Monastery stuff and the consensus is the quests after near the end of the game feel rushed, but I loved the story from that point on. I was fully invested in the twists and drama. I loved it, even the fetch quests before the climax, it gave me a chance to get some extra armor and horse/gear hunting done for the end.

You may not understand the ending Gbraga, there are characters involved that don't get introduced until late in the game.
And the game doesn't really end per se.
That's a shame. I guess I won't bother then.

I'm still in for the sequel. I had enough fun in my first 20-something hours with this game that I can't say my purchase wasn't worth it. I just kind of wish they stuck with the 3 act releases and reworked the entire narrative to end this one on Baptism of Fire. At least it would be a consistent build up from the introduction to the end. So even if main plot points were still left unresolved, there was a clear journey there. What it felt like to me was that after that quest, instead of moving on to my other main goals established very early on, they just kept introducing new stuff without the proper buildup. Henry is just doing his role, for him it makes sense to continue doing things until he can get a lead that will take him closer to his objective, but they didn't convince me to care.

My favorite parts of the game were all story-related, so when I found myself skipping dialogue to get main quests done with so I could get to something that interested me as quickly as possible, I knew it was time to drop it.

Still, I really like Henry, Hans, Radzig, Hanush, Divish, Theresa and Lady Stephanie. The whole political conflict of the time between Sigismund and Wenceslas is fascinating, and I was enjoying that angle as well. The presentation of the story with the well produced cutscenes made things that I normally wouldn't care about like the Father Godwin quest such a blast. I never cared about the "funny quests" in games like Witcher 3, because the presentation just wasn't up there to make me enjoy it, but here it worked.

With them apparently being very pleased with the sales they got from this game, I can only assume the next one will be an improvement in every way.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Up to you, but if you enjoy the story and characters, it may be worth it to finish it. I found the ending story elements really enjoyable, and it definitely left me wanting more and study up on the history and politics even more so. I told the wife the writing was really good, and I think it'd make a good movie. hah.

I do understand people's criticisms with the later half of the game quest wise, there's a lot of fetch quests and somewhat filler. But in my mind, it was more chances to keep getting immersed in the game world a bit longer, and I enjoyed getting more end game and rare gear.

The monastery stuff can be take forever, or be very very quick if look up a few guides or ways to skip the bulk of it. Personally, I loved it, and actually think I managed it too fast, I'd like to revisit old saves to do all the sidequest stuff. It was cool to follow the monk's schedule and tasks and do your investigating at night when you're free. But I'm in the minority there.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Man, as great as the game is, the goddamn save system really pisses me off. Or the lack of (more) auto-saves specifically. I bathe, I go to Theresa to
complete the courtship quest
, I go to the bailiff etc
to continue and eventually finish the rough love quest
, then fasttravel somewhere, bandits on the way, two heavily armored guys with lances, boom I'm dead. Load. Back at the bathehouse.All that progress lost.

Nah fuck this. Is there a mod or something that introduces autosaving?

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Man, as great as the game is, the goddamn save system really pisses me off. Or the lack of (more) auto-saves specifically. I bathe, I go to Theresa to
complete the courtship quest
, I go to the bailiff etc
to continue and eventually finish the rough love quest
, then fasttravel somewhere, bandits on the way, two heavily armored guys with lances, boom I'm dead. Load. Back at the bathehouse.All that progress lost.

Nah fuck this. Is there a mod or something that introduces autosaving?
Either use the Unlimited Save Mod (you still have to save manually but you don't need the potion for it) or the Cheat mod (F5 quick save). The latter also adds a lot of console commands which can be helpful when you encounter bugs.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Either use the Unlimited Save Mod (you still have to save manually but you don't need the potion for it) or the Cheat mod (F5 quick save). The latter also adds a lot of console commands which can be helpful when you encounter bugs.
Hmm, thanks, but doesn't really help me since I'm playing with controller from my bed. Regular autosaves would really be great. Or a script that automatically presses f5 every 5min or sth lol.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I think most people agree that the first 30 hours or so the game is pretty wonderful. Honestly it's one of the better experiences I've had in a game in some time but the combat really falls apart once you start leveling up. There are also some issues with the big battles in this game they just don't work. That's not accounting for the numerous bugs that have plagued the game, though luckily I didn't have too many issues with them.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the game last night after i was able to get passt a game breaking bug

I can see why people hated it so much and I kind of agree. I kind of knew it was gonna end that way as they said before this is the first 2 parts or something along those lines. The prologue I actually liked quite a bit, some serious exposition for the next game which has me pretty hyped. Excited to see how they recreate the Trotsky castle, based on what I could find its gonna be really kool looking.

1200px-Hrad_Trosky%2C_leteck%C3%BD_sn%C3%ADmek.jpg

trosky_03.jpg

I put 96 hours into the game and I have to say that I enjoyed about 80% of my time with it (the priest stuff was a slow burn, especially cause I did it the way the game wanted me to).

I'd probably give it a 8/10 if I were to review it. Looking forward to seeing what they are able to create for their next game.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I put 110 hours in at the end. And I'm very sad that loading it back up last night I can't continue. Fair warning, if you choose the one option at the end, there is indeed no going back.
The though of doing it all again from scratch is a bit off-putting.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I put 110 hours in at the end. And I'm very sad that loading it back up last night I can't continue. Fair warning, if you choose the one option at the end, there is indeed no going back.
The though of doing it all again from scratch is a bit off-putting.

Yeh, I cancelled out on the option and used a potion in case I wanted to go back. I'm probably gonna go back on the weekend and see how the enviroment looks like after the siege (just wanted to see the ending last night).

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSA: The 1.4.3 patch for Xbox/PS4 has been delayed to next week due to the certification process being restarted.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-patch-1-4-3-delayed/amp/

:(

For christ's sake I'm sick of this nonsense. I ran into yet another quest bug today and this time it's main story related so I needed this patch to simply hope that it fixed some of the issues I've had. I've never played a game with so many crippling quest bugs before and I've played a LOT of janky stuff over the years. It's unacceptable how this was allowed to ship out. I'm done, trading it in this weekend to get some cash back.

I may buy it again at some point on PC since at least on there I don't have to wait a month extra to get a patch.