• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
PSA: The 1.4.3 patch for Xbox/PS4 has been delayed to next week due to the certification process being restarted.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-patch-1-4-3-delayed/amp/

:(

:( is an understatement. The fact that consoles are still waiting for version 1.4 while the PC has had said patch for almost a month is ridiculous. The fault doesn't rest entirely on Warhorse though. Sony/Microsoft have a lot to answer for with how their certification process for updates work (or doesn't work in this case).

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im right at the beginning, lost the fight with Kunesh, got patched up by Mum, went back, hit him again and he ran off. Broke into his house, he came back, i slapped him up a few times until he collapsed in a heap. I stole all his shit including key to chest. Option to kill him is greyed out so I think he is suffering from mild concussion lol. Does this approach have consequences?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im right at the beginning, lost the fight with Kunesh, got patched up by Mum, went back, hit him again and he ran off. Broke into his house, he came back, i slapped him up a few times until he collapsed in a heap. I stole all his shit including key to chest. Option to kill him is greyed out so I think he is suffering from mild concussion lol. Does this approach have consequences?
based on what happens next, it doesn't. Lets just leave it at that. You'll know what I mean soon enough.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
based on what happens next, it doesn't. Lets just leave it at that. You'll know what I mean soon enough.

Thanks. I dont know if missed something, I handed the first quest in, next thing a black screen and a new quest 'Run' and I have no idea what happened in between handing the nails to Theresa and then being on a cliff side having to run from a guard. I didnt skip a scene or anything, is that a bug?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I dont know if missed something, I handed the first quest in, next thing a black screen and a new quest 'Run' and I have no idea what happened in between handing the nails to Theresa and then being on a cliff side having to run from a guard. I didnt skip a scene or anything, is that a bug?
sounds like a bug, you missed a pretty important scene. I would try reloading to an earlier save.

I'm surprised they haven't ironed these bugs out yet (you might have skipped a scene by mistake tho).

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sounds like a bug, you missed a pretty important scene. I would try reloading to an earlier save.

I'm surprised they haven't ironed these bugs out yet (you might have skipped a scene by mistake tho).

Ok I will reload and try again. The next place I got to after running away, all the villagers had hair but no heads!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I will reload and try again. The next place I got to after running away, all the villagers had hair but no heads!
weird, are you playing on console or PC? Some people have some serious issues it seems and some people go through the entire game just fine.

Personally I went through the whole game (96 hours) with one game breaking glitch which I ended up fixing. Hopefully it goes better for you as well.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
weird, are you playing on console or PC? Some people have some serious issues it seems and some people go through the entire game just fine.

Personally I went through the whole game (96 hours) with one game breaking glitch which I ended up fixing. Hopefully it goes better for you as well.

I have reloaded several times it misses the cutscenes every time. I have found the issue on google and people say its due to the GOG version but I am playing on Xbox One X. Shame as I am quite enjoying it but the devs seem unable to make their game playable and I cant enjoy something with big issues like this :(

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have reloaded several times it misses the cutscenes every time. I have found the issue on google and people say its due to the GOG version but I am playing on Xbox One X. Shame as I am quite enjoying it but the devs seem unable to make their game playable and I cant enjoy something with big issues like this :(
damn, only thing i can suggest is to watch the cut scene on youtube and continue with the game.

Yeh, it really is a bummer they haven't fixed some of the early game stuff yet.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would try completely erasing the redownloading and reinstalling the game from scratch. This honestly sounds like some data corruption.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DLC roadmap announced
http://www.desconsolados.com/2018/0...ta-para-los-dlcs-de-kingdom-come-deliverance/

One of the great Western RPGs of this year is undoubtedly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, offering a great recreation of the Bohemia of the Middle Ages, advocating realism rather than fantasy. This has made it a pretty hardcore game, but has managed to triumph equally among users. Well, Warhorse Studios will not stop supporting the game, and that's why they have published the road map of the DLCs that will be published until next year. Within the story DLCs, we will have four:

-From the Ashes. This expansion will make us look after an abandoned town, and it will be shown in E3
-The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
-Band of Bastards
-A Woman's Lot, which will be free for the game's backers during their crowfunding campaign

Along with the plot expansions, there will be several DLCs that will include new options, being free the DLCs that will add the Hardcore mode, a tournament and support for mods. Those that will be free only for the backers will be the videos that show us the making of the game and a combat academy. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already a very complete RPG, with which it will be great to see how it is evolving thanks to all these expansions.

KingdomComeDeliverance_DLC_road_map.jpg

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
DLC roadmap announced
http://www.desconsolados.com/2018/0...ta-para-los-dlcs-de-kingdom-come-deliverance/

One of the great Western RPGs of this year is undoubtedly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, offering a great recreation of the Bohemia of the Middle Ages, advocating realism rather than fantasy. This has made it a pretty hardcore game, but has managed to triumph equally among users. Well, Warhorse Studios will not stop supporting the game, and that's why they have published the road map of the DLCs that will be published until next year. Within the story DLCs, we will have four:

-From the Ashes. This expansion will make us look after an abandoned town, and it will be shown in E3
-The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
-Band of Bastards
-A Woman's Lot, which will be free for the game's backers during their crowfunding campaign

Along with the plot expansions, there will be several DLCs that will include new options, being free the DLCs that will add the Hardcore mode, a tournament and support for mods. Those that will be free only for the backers will be the videos that show us the making of the game and a combat academy. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already a very complete RPG, with which it will be great to see how it is evolving thanks to all these expansions.

KingdomComeDeliverance_DLC_road_map.jpg
Nice! I've put over 50 hours in the game but never finished it, mainly due to disappointing progression mechanics. Definitely planning to revisit it with the hardcore mode.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would try completely erasing the redownloading and reinstalling the game from scratch. This honestly sounds like some data corruption.
unfortunately this seems to be the case

HDMF76 if you liked the beginning of the game you would absolutely love the rest of it, don't give up on it.

Edit: Hardcore mode has got me excited, hopefully they release more info on it.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
unfortunately this seems to be the case

HDMF76 if you liked the beginning of the game you would absolutely love the rest of it, don't give up on it.

Edit: Hardcore mode has got me excited, hopefully they release more info on it.
I deleted and reinstalled, and it works. I am really enjoying it, up to Rattay and things are opening up. My favourite thing is the gameworld, the countryside looks amazing.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Some lock picking tips. Early on buy or brew a padfoot potion. It gives you a plus 5 to lockpicking for a few minutes and helps a lot. If you've gotten the ring quest from the miller who is housing you, he can train you in lock picking. After paying him to teach you as a 'beginner' he won't train you again until you've gotten lock picking to level 5 but drink a padfoot potion and he will train you again.

Lock picking sucks at first, especially on console with the controller, but is really helpful with some quests down the road.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to a point where I think the actual game starts. They let me go free in Rattay with a few quests in my log. I think the opening sequence was a bit overlong. It took me around five hours to get to the opening credits. Maybe it should've "started" at the point where you run away from the first town. Can't really say much otherwise. What little experience I've had with the combat system wasn't awful.

Overall the game looks really eurojank. The graphics and art look really tight but what still gives it away are the animations -- they still look like a mid-2000's European PC game like STALKER or Witcher 1, but that general feel is pretty much what I expected going in. Might be comparable to Yakuza 6 which I just finished and is also filled with apparently low-budget animations. The difference is SEGA has had over 10 years and now three console generations to learn how to hide those low-budget animations (mostly with good cinematic camera work), and Yakuza 6's fully-produced cut scenes look on-par with American AAA games.

Witcher 3 really should be commended on the quality of the facial animation of its random NPCs. I don't think any game yet has surpassed it in that one area.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I've got a question on when time limits in this game start. If I'm not mistaken many of the quests in this game are designed so they don't wait around for you, but I also need to sleep and heal and stuff, and at some point run some errands.

I just killed those two bandits (cool story: I caught them sleeping, they got up but had to fight me with no weapons or armor. I thought I'd just stomp them, but not having armor apparently gave them a huge agility advantage and they almost punched me to death) and am gonna report back, but as soon as you do it starts another quest that Radzig implies has a time limit. Should I sleep and heal and whatnot before reporting in?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I've got a question on when time limits in this game start. If I'm not mistaken many of the quests in this game are designed so they don't wait around for you, but I also need to sleep and heal and stuff, and at some point run some errands.

I just killed those two bandits (cool story: I caught them sleeping, they got up but had to fight me with no weapons or armor. I thought I'd just stomp them, but not having armor apparently gave them a huge agility advantage and they almost punched me to death) and am gonna report back, but as soon as you do it starts another quest that Radzig implies has a time limit. Should I sleep and heal and whatnot before reporting in?
the timed quests give you plenty of time to do them, like a week within the game usually. which quest specifically are you talking about?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
the timed quests give you plenty of time to do them, like a week within the game usually. which quest specifically are you talking about?

Well after killing the two bandits that attacked the horse stable, I slept for like 10 hours to recover wounds, then I reported in and was told to investigate a town called Uzhits or something, but the guy I was looking for there was already dead. I got some leads (I stayed one night because of the priest and spent a few more hours learning to read) and now I'm headed to find some guy in another town named Reeky.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well after killing the two bandits that attacked the horse stable, I slept for like 10 hours to recover wounds, then I reported in and was told to investigate a town called Uzhits or something, but the guy I was looking for there was already dead. I got some leads (I stayed one night because of the priest and spent a few more hours learning to read) and now I'm headed to find some guy in another town named Reeky.
TBH I think that guy was dead for everyone, I'm pretty sure I went straight there and he was already dead. For the rest of the quest try and do the tasks as fast as possible (you can still sleep, but don't get distracted with a 7 day binge of hunting).

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Martin Klíma was inducted into czech game dev hall of fame, here is a nice video from it (english subs are included)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sL7x8e3v1Y

I had no idea he was one of the student protesters/speakers in 1989 revolution, my appreciation of him just grew even higher.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Had to save scum the game to get something really funny to happen:

It was the part when you're tracking down Timmy and you find his sister, and you get surrounded by like four dudes in armor. There was no way I could take them on. Couldn't talk them down either (I only had the stats to talk to the dude's sister because of lingering alpha male perk. I couldn't even escape on my horse (this is all right after an autosave). The only thing I could do was tell the guys where Timmy, deal with the one guy they left behind (I just shot him in the face with an arrow point-blank before he could aggro), and then race to beat the other three guys to the town where Timmy was. After getting the info out of him, I realized Sir Radzig and all his men were camped out like a couple hundred yards north of there, so when the three bandits got to Timmy I attacked them and kited all three right into the camp. At some point I must've accidentally hit one of the soldiers because they started attacking me, so I surrendered and everything seems to be fine now. I'm going off to do some side quests now because I think the next main quest is gonna initiate a big battle and I wanna see if I can raise some stats.

This is why I like having infinite saves in PC games. Many PC games feel like not just games but also really akin to regular desktop applications. Saving my progress in these games really feels more like saving a file in any other program, it's just that I'm messing around with a bunch of tools for fun.

Anyway, is there a way to get pretty good armor relatively early? I know that one exploit was patched out, and I actually missed both changes to get regular guard armor early on, so I've had to make do with whatever I can scavenge off bandits which is usually crappy.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had to save scum the game to get something really funny to happen:

It was the part when you're tracking down Timmy and you find his sister, and you get surrounded by like four dudes in armor. There was no way I could take them on. Couldn't talk them down either (I only had the stats to talk to the dude's sister because of lingering alpha male perk. I couldn't even escape on my horse (this is all right after an autosave). The only thing I could do was tell the guys where Timmy, deal with the one guy they left behind (I just shot him in the face with an arrow point-blank before he could aggro), and then race to beat the other three guys to the town where Timmy was. After getting the info out of him, I realized Sir Radzig and all his men were camped out like a couple hundred yards north of there, so when the three bandits got to Timmy I attacked them and kited all three right into the camp. At some point I must've accidentally hit one of the soldiers because they started attacking me, so I surrendered and everything seems to be fine now. I'm going off to do some side quests now because I think the next main quest is gonna initiate a big battle and I wanna see if I can raise some stats.

This is why I like having infinite saves in PC games. Many PC games feel like not just games but also really akin to regular desktop applications. Saving my progress in these games really feels more like saving a file in any other program, it's just that I'm messing around with a bunch of tools for fun.

Anyway, is there a way to get pretty good armor relatively early? I know that one exploit was patched out, and I actually missed both changes to get regular guard armor early on, so I've had to make do with whatever I can scavenge off bandits which is usually crappy.
If you're good at lockpicking then you can usually find some good stuff inside peoples houses/castles.

The treasure maps you find once in a while also give you some good stuff, either a shit load of groschen to buy armor or armor it self.

and yes, there is a pretty big battle coming up, make sure you have plate armor or it might be a bit tough

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This game does something with herbs I always wished other games would do -- actually makes different herbs more common in certain areas. I think Zelda is the only other game to do that. In most games like this you just have all the herbs because you instantly gather them everywhere. I think that's why they added the lengthy third person herb gathering animation too. I like how you actually have to read a book to know where certain herbs are more common. I just wish I could buy that herb book somewhere.

Really, this game just has a lot of nice small touches that keep you grounded in the world without turning into a survival game. It's making me want to flip back and forth between this, Skyrim, Witcher 3, and Zelda to see what the best individual qualities of each one is.

If you're good at lockpicking then you can usually find some good stuff inside peoples houses/castles.

The treasure maps you find once in a while also give you some good stuff, either a shit load of groschen to buy armor or armor it self.

and yes, there is a pretty big battle coming up, make sure you have plate armor or it might be a bit tough

Yeah I got like five ancient maps right at the beginning of the game. I was gonna investigate some of them after I finished these couple of quests.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game does something with herbs I always wished other games would do -- actually makes different herbs more common in certain areas. I think Zelda is the only other game to do that. In most games like this you just have all the herbs because you instantly gather them everywhere. I think that's why they added the lengthy third person herb gathering animation too. I like how you actually have to read a book to know where certain herbs are more common. I just wish I could buy that herb book somewhere.

Really, this game just has a lot of nice small touches that keep you grounded in the world without turning into a survival game. It's making me want to flip back and forth between this, Skyrim, Witcher 3, and Zelda to see what the best individual qualities of each one is.

Yeah I got like five ancient maps right at the beginning of the game. I was gonna investigate some of them after I finished these couple of quests.
oo, definitely do those before the battle, they give you one of the better armor sets in the game.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm at
the bit where you have just lost the sword and the dad of the woman who saved you is pissed. Does it get more interesting story wise?
because so far it seems very much like busy work

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm at
the bit where you have just lost the sword and the dad of the woman who saved you is pissed. Does it get more interesting story wise?
because so far it seems very much like busy work

Only only a little bit further than that in the main quest, but I'll just say the first chunk of the main quest is basically a detective game. Every time I traveled to the next village to track down the next person to talk to I could practically hear the gavel sound in some kind of "Law & Order: Bohemia" episode.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only only a little bit further than that in the main quest, but I'll just say the first chunk of the main quest is basically a detective game. Every time I traveled to the next village to track down the next person to talk to I could practically hear the gavel sound in some kind of "Law & Order: Bohemia" episode.
Haha oh joy ;) I mean I loved the Witcher and the intrigue there but so far it's not gripping me

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Haha oh joy ;) I mean I loved the Witcher and the intrigue there but so far it's not gripping me

Well that's just the main quest. As I said above, the opening part of the game is a bit overlong, taking a bit too long to get to the opening credits. You're actually right at the part now where the game pretty much lets you go free. I guess you could just run off and do side quests.

From there you actually immediately get the chance to get into thief stuff if you talk to a nearby NPC.

The next few main quests after that actually are pretty slow, having you do lots of pedestrian stuff before the detective breadcrumb trail starts. What's interesting about that section though is you're sort of on a time limit -- different things can happen depending on how much time you take. However, right after that there seems to be a significant battle that happens.

Overall though, combat in KCD is definitely less frequent than Skyrim, Witcher, or Zelda.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Overall though, combat in KCD is definitely less frequent than Skyrim, Witcher, or Zelda.

This was by design, from a recent russian (so very roughly google translated) interview
We have very little action in the game, there are really few fights. It was very risky to do so. Until the last moment we said that people would eat us up for this, they would say - I play eight hours, and I have not fought with anyone yet. But this did not happen, no one actually complained about it later. But in every game everything happens differently, a person starts to play, and in the beginning there is some scene, a very emotional relationship ... and then you need to kill 30 monsters. And then again deep emotions, psychology ... and 40 more monsters. At the same time, it is not necessary there at all, these monsters spoil everything, this is too much. But everyone is afraid not to add it to the game, because they think that if this does not happen, people will complain that there is not enough game. And I would say that we are proof that this is not so, it is not necessary to do so. You can always add something else, which is also a game, and people like it, and people will not even notice that there are fewer murders. But almost no one does so, all are afraid. Even in Red Dead Redemption, my favorite game, there were very long action sequences that made me very tired, and most of all I liked this game in moments where there was no action, when I was doing the usual things there - grazing cows, going for walks with some farmer, where there was no need to kill anyone. At these moments, this game was for me the most interesting.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This was by design, from a recent russian (so very roughly google translated) interview

I imagined so, and it's one of the things i've wanted to see an open-world game do, generally just let up on the combat and slow down the pace a little bit. AAA developers are too afraid of players getting bored which is why you get the "theme park design" where there has to be something interesting or a secret cave or a combat encounter every few hundred yards. KCD in comparison feels far more leisurely.

AAA designers have recognized a desire in the market for less action (which is why walking simulators exist), but usually only address it in the form of a band-aid "story mode" or something that just makes combat trivially easy instead of cutting it down or cutting it out.