• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
kingdomcomesysreqsejs9k.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)
Guru3D (English; launch build)
Overclock3D (English; 14/02/2018 build)
PC Games Hardware (German; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; 14/02/2018 build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate (1)/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Cap the framerate (2): Navigate to SteamApps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance, create/open user.cfg, and input sys_MaxFPS = x, where x is your desired cap. (Credit to Arulan.)
Disable vsync: Navigate to SteamApps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance, create/open user.cfg, and input r_Vsync = 0. (Credit to Arulan.)
Reduce texture pop-in: Follow the instructions here. (Credit to artins90 @ Nexus Mods via tet666.)
Improve performance on Vega GPUs: Navigate to SteamApps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance, create/open user.cfg, and input r_BatchType = 0. (Credit to Jupiter @ Beyond3D via icecold1983.)
Increase global illumination quality: Navigate to SteamApps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance, create/open user.cfg, and input e_svoTI_SSDepthTrace = 2. (Credit to Dictator.)
Enable volumetric fog: Navigate to SteamApps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance, create/open user.cfg, and input e_VolumetricFog = 1. (Credit to Dictator.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Resolution: Self-explanatory
Window mode: Borderless; Fullscreen; Window
Overall image quality: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High; Custom
Show FPS: Off/On
Vertical FOV: 60 -> 75 in increments of 5
Gamma correction: Self-explanatory

Object quality: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Game effects: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Lighting: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Particles: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Physics: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Post-process quality: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Shader quality: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High

Shadows: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Textures: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Water details: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Volumetric effects detail: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Vegetation detail: Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra High
Object distance: Changes the draw distance of objects (no discernible values)
LOD distance: Changes the distance at which finer textures are loaded (no discernible values)

Vegetation draw distance: Changes the draw distance of vegetation (no discernible values)
Motion blur: Off; Camera; Object

Last edited:

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, my impressions aren't nearly as bad some of those reviews I've seen. With an i7 6700K (stock clock) and 1080Ti (also not overclocked), I can play at 4K resolution with a mix of High/Very High/Ultra. I'd post a gameplay video, but it would be self-promotion.

Oct 28, 2017
Just logged in and ran around the open world a bit (3440x1440 on a 1080Ti/6700K/16GB of DDR4 @ 3200mhz, mixture of high/medium settings on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit) and I'm getting a pretty consistent 70+ FPS with dips to the high sixties. Loving the ultrawide support. Definitely a game made with the PC in mind from the ground up.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
frametimes are really weird in this one, also why does it render the outside when im staring at a wall in a house

Zeb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
frametimes are really weird in this one, also why does it render the outside when im staring at a wall in a house
because engines are complicated things that don't always work properly. sometimes it's not possible to make occlusion culling work like it should. also there may be a plethora of other technical reasons why it's done like that.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got strong recs on which settings to lower first? Maxing everything drops me way down to 25FPS on my GTX 1080 at 1440p, so wondering what should go first.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I patiently await impressions from folks with a 980 ti. Also, is this a CPU intensive game? Cause my i7 3820 ain't getting any younger.

Ilmyr

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Thanks for starting this thread JaseC. I will link it to the OT. Hopefully i can share my impressions in the evening (stuck at work). Cheers.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay so no bottleneck there.

I guess try the usual performance eating ones like volumetric lighting and shadows first then try something like shaders as ambient occlusion would most likely be put into there.

Yeah, I tried setting everything to low [around 75 FPS] and increasing each setting one at a time. It looks like shadows, lighting, and post-processing are the most demanding, so I'm fucking with them some, but it's very tedious.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Yeah, I tried setting everything to low [around 75 FPS] and increasing each setting one at a time. It looks like shadows, lighting, and post-processing are the most demanding, so I'm fucking with them some, but it's very tedious.
Yeah that seems pretty standard and guess AO is in post-processing then. Guess just keep an eye out for a "tweak guide" to come out which goes through the performance difference of each.

Let me know how high you get to because your set up is pretty much identical to mine (7700k instead).

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that seems pretty standard and guess AO is in post-processing then. Guess just keep an eye out for a "tweak guide" to come out which goes through the performance difference of each.

Let me know how high you get to because your set up is pretty much identical to mine (7700k instead).

Sure! I'll letcha know what settings I'm able to manage a solid 60 on.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheers thanks man. This recent article shows that a 1070 is only able to get an average 64fps at 1440p on Medium Settings so I guess the 1080 should be able to do it with a mixture of High and Very High settings:

https://www.game-debate.com/news/24533/kingdom-come-deliverance-pc-performance-report

Yeah it's a weird games. Some stuff I can max with no problem. Maxing out textures for example doesn't even affect my framerate. Right now I set everything to medium and I'm raising what I can.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like 4k is impossible with this title unless you are willing to do 30 fps locked or a highly variable framerate between 30-45 fps ;p. I have a Ryzen 1700x and 1080 Ti, I am forced to run at 1440p to get a decent frame rate at Very High instead of Ultra to get 60 FPS and even then I do see some dips to 55-59 fps. I did set the texture to Ultra - that shouldn't affect frame rate if you have the video ram to spare, correct?

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Looks like 4k is impossible with this title unless you are willing to do 30 fps locked or a highly variable framerate between 30-45 fps ;p. I have a Ryzen 1700x and 1080 Ti, I am forced to run at 1440p to get a decent frame rate at Very High instead of Ultra to get 60 FPS and even then I do see some dips to 55-59 fps. I did set the texture to Ultra - that shouldn't affect frame rate if you have the video ram to spare, correct?
given you have enough memory bandwidth too, which 1080ti does have

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, I didn't see that this thread was made. Anyone have any idea what causes conversations to tank in framerate on very high or ultra high? At least, that's what's happening for me on my 1080 ti.

Kolle

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Oops, I didn't see that this thread was made. Anyone have any idea what causes conversations to tank in framerate on very high or ultra high? At least, that's what's happening for me on my 1080 ti.
Do the conversations have depth of field? Some games switch to bokeh on higher settings which is usually expensive.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys, on a GTX 1080 and i7 6700K here's what I've managed to do at 1440p:

Simply put, a hard 60 FPS is impossible. The framerate fluctuates at least 10-15 frames regardless of settings. I don't really mind because I have Gsync, but it might get annoying for others. The following settings let me maintain a 50-65 FPS though:

3b49e0b4e87145dfa1e7f7f914d763dc.png

41b8152bcd39ddde9236f68d79ca4001.png

73514b6417e6f9bc92185f5efe133497.png

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
JaseC

If you want to disable V-Sync and/or limit the frame rate to whatever you want:

Create the file user.cfg where system.cfg is in the directory and add the following:

r_VSync = 0
sys_MaxFPS = 141

You can set sys_MaxFPS to whatever you want.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Performance sounds ok for max settings. The crash isn't very encouraging though.

I think it was more to do with the control system. It's not really a spoiler but first time on a horse I was trying to work out the controls to gallop and they were a little cumbersome with a keyboard so I switched to controller and hit the back button/change view button that advances time, not good on a horse, and it CTD.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah it's a weird games. Some stuff I can max with no problem. Maxing out textures for example doesn't even affect my framerate. Right now I set everything to medium and I'm raising what I can.

Textures never affect frame rate until you don't have enough video memory. Don't think there's any game that goes past 8GB.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
R9 290X
FX8350
16GB RAM
User here.

I can play the game on High Settings with roundabout 30frames+

Looks okayish to good. But I get the feeling that cryengine is not the best choice for an RPG.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
R9 290X
But I get the feeling that cryengine is not the best choice for an RPG.

Yeah that's the first thing i thought when they announced they would be using it back then, i always hoped they would maybe switch to the now much better developed amazon lumberyard engine like star citizen but unfortunately they didn't.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Doing most of my PC gaming on my Surface Book 2 15" these days out of sheer convenience.

Hopefully it runs well enough on it. Haven't had much of a problem running anything yet.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
My biggest concern is that the tutorial area might not really push the hardware enough, so by the time I'm past it I can't get a refund anymore.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
in 4k i get 50-60 fps with everything on medium and ultra textures + sliders on max. 1080ti + 8600k

playing in 1080p ultrawide for now with smooth 75fps on very high settings

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
The framerate tanks in the interiors i don't really know why, it's not like it's more demanding than the exterior?

Also what should be the best settings for a GTX 980Ti to get 60fps at 1080p?

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone in the OT is saying that there issome restrictive DRMso you must be online to launch the game. Strange when it's supposed to come to GOG soon.

I think that's why they release it later on GOG. There will be a bunch of torrents as soon as the GOG version comes.

I'll buy from GOG today, I like the DRM free future.

Has anyone tried with not-so-optimal HW? I have the min req rig and would like to know if it actually runs with it?

And also, has anyone tried to meddle with .ini file if possible? Through that you can usually tweak things further than from inside the game.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I kept getting DXGI_Error_Device_Hung and the game crashed in the main menu/when I tried to change the graphics settings. Disabling both the Steam and Nvidia in-game overlay seems to have fixed that issue for now.