• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

EDIT: We appreciate everyone who took the time to contact us privately to help improve our policies. After discussion and review, we are softening enforcement of the last sentence of Rule 1 – this was never intended to forbid discussion about Vávra as a writer or a developer but rather to close a loophole whereby posters were deliberately attempting to provoke others with vague drive by posts. You should still not do that. However, it is certainly possible to appreciate the accomplishments of the development team without subscribing to Vávra's personal views.
2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.
There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

Metacritic PC - 77

Multiplayer.it 8.9/10

Eurogamer italy - Recomended

Press Start 6/10

Everyeye.it 8/10

Hardcore Gamer
"Had the initial forty-to-fifty hour campaign not have delivered the level of bugs and problems present in the current build, you'd easily be looking at potentially one of the year's best all-round experiences in an RPG and an essential for everyone no matter your affiliation with the genre."

4/10 from The Sixth Axis.

4.5/5 from Tech Advisor.

6/10 from Game Reactor.

5/10 from Attack of the Fanboy.

8/10 from GameWatcher.

9/10 Game Revolution.

9/10 from Heavy.

7.7/10 GameStar.de

ACG's review: Wait for Sale

Cubed3 7/10

PCGamer.com 84

PCGamesN 8/10

GameBlog.fr 8/10

Currently updating...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore Gamer

"Had the initial forty-to-fifty hour campaign not have delivered the level of bugs and problems present in the current build, you'd easily be looking at potentially one of the year's best all-round experiences in an RPG and an essential for everyone no matter your affiliation with the genre."

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
When things get frantic; mostly when there's a battle going on, the performance tanks horribly even on the lowest settings – my PC runs a Core i5-6400 with a GTX 1070, more than capable of the recommended specs – to the point of freezing with alarming frequency.

Oh boy

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Definitely all over the place

I don't think I'll bother. It seems too slow paced and involved. I have it reserved at the library, as they're getting it, but have a big backlog and don't like starting games and not finishing them.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had many bug or performance issues on PC honestly so far, though I haven't made it to big battles yet. Some of those scores seem excessively low from what I've played, though it's clear this isn't going to be a game for everyone.

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So very divisive!

Sounds fundamentally good but janky. Glad I got the PC version, both for the ability to fiddle with the settings to favour frame rate and since it only cost me about a tenner thanks to backing it on Kickstarter!

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Here's our review in Polish:

PSSite.com 5/10 - http://www.pssite.com/recenzje/2861/recenzja-kingdom-come-deliverance-ps4.html

Game was reviewed on base PS4 which has a loooot bugs and performance issues making game sometimes literally unplayable. What we liked? Story, lore and world creation, fighting mechanics are good too. So if Warhorse will patch bugs and performance on base PS4, this will be very good game.

So -5 Points just for performance when everything is else seems good? Wow..

Thread: Game gets mixed reviews. I think it's just that you have to love that genre. I am excited anyway.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll have to wait and see how these reviews go. The whole no magic thing could go either way for my preference, but I'm skeptical personally.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sounds like the console version have a lot more performance issues and bugs going by reviews
This PC impression from thesixaxis is not too comforting. Not sure if the day 1 patch can fix most of performance issues though.
I'm not going to beat around the bush here: Kingdom Come: Deliverance's biggest issue is performance. It's practically unplayable at times because of regular slowdown, no matter which settings I had the game at. When things get frantic; mostly when there's a battle going on, the performance tanks horribly even on the lowest settings – my PC runs a Core i5-6400 with a GTX 1070, more than capable of the recommended specs – to the point of freezing with alarming frequency. It got in the way of attempting to enjoy the gameplay more than it was worth bearing with.

Naliem1

Nov 27, 2017
Pretty much all the reviewers agree it's a good game but the bugs and performance are unbearable. Well, I kinda expected this to be the case and prefer it this way rather than being a technical polished but bad game.

AttackFanboy

Jan 4, 2018
Lovable jank this is not. Don't get me wrong, there are spots where you laugh at this busted ass thing, but when the AI scripting breaks and you have to reset your progress you will not be loving the time you just wasted.