• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.

There is room to discuss the sales of the game in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

https://www.lupa.cz/aktuality/meta-...ali-milion-kusu-hry-kingdom-come-delivarance/

"We are at million copies if I count all distribution channels and platforms", says Warhorse Studios CEO Martin Frývaldský.

Fantastic news for all fans of immersive open world storydriven RPGs. Can't wait for content updates, patches, and more importantly, full blown Hussite Wars sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn for a studio their size that's incredible. Game must be highly profitable by this point I would think

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least 450k of those coming from Steam, and Steamspy is 4 days late. Shit's honestly impressive.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely blown away by the success and the speed of it. I really hope this leads to more 3D wrpgs with real RPG elements, we have proof that there's a sizable audience for systems driven gameplay and it seems to be a growing one too.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I love how many success stories we've had this gen: Kingdom Come, NieR:Automata, MHW, Nioh, Persona 5, etc.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
452k on steam according to steamspy, it's half consoles and half PC or that number is very outdated.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
That seems ridiculous for a crowdfunding game in what some would see as a niche genre (i.e. Witcher/Skyrim but historically fairly accurate and no fantasy elements). It's good to see as I'd want more games that try and take a more realistic take on open world games with historical accuracy.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm looking at it. I am interested, but I don't want to jump in before there are a lot of fixes.

There are not enough historical era games. I cannot wait for Ghosts of Tsushima. But besides that, there isn't a lot on the way. It's a shame that the best way to visit historical eras in games is probably Assassins Creed.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think Warhorse might be a studio to follow in the future.
Definitely can see them striking a publishing deal with some big boy later.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great game. I hope more RPG devs take notice. It's all about the features.

Oct 25, 2017
It's currently sitting at 432,166 - 473,046 on SteamSpy. And SteamSpy is 3 (or 4) days behind.

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Nice. I've enjoyed my time so far (on the base PS4) and am looking to put more time in too. Warhorse has a fantastic game here, and it's shaping up to be one of my favorite RPGs in a long time.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Honestly, i dont get how they sold this much. Do people really want to play authentic rpgs where you have to clean your outfit so you can speak with noble characters? Shit, thats surprise.

I am happy for them, its shame that here in Slovak republic we will never make something like this :/

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have they patched the game yet to a polished non-buggy state? I haven't bought the game yet so I don't know. Or it's going to be a few more weeks?

Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't find any physical copies so I had to purchase it on PSN. One of the employees at a game store I was checking at said they had no idea it was going to be that popular and that their store only received four copies.

Pretty fun game so far!

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised at this game's success. Felt like it came out of nowhere. I hope to pick up my copy soon because it seems interesting. Though I feel like it's approach to realism may turn me off.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Warhorse might be a studio to follow in the future.
Definitely can see them striking a publishing deal with some big boy later.

I'm inclined to agree that this is probably going to gather the attention of some of the bigger publishers possibly looking to partner / acquire them.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Not quite sure on this particular game, but I hope this inspires more feature-rich historical RPGs in the future.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved the game will be pretty solid after some bug fixes. I stopped playing after the game didn't want to save when trying to sleep and another time crashed just when I clicked save game(with saviour schnapps). But overall it's really enjoyable.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
And to think on the ages of Kojima the creator being an asshole would have made a bigger impact.

Or maybe the creator is not considered an asshole by those 1 million ....

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one of those sales, but, how it got to a million interests me. MC score is 75 on PC to 67 on PS4 and XB1. User MC score ranges from 7.4 to 8.1.

So, just based on that, it sounds like an OK to decent game. How is it blowing up like this? Is it possibly mostly the controversy sparking interest?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Well deserved, I'm really happy to see there's demand for products such as these. I want more games like that.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, i dont get how they sold this much. Do people really want to play authentic rpgs where you have to clean your outfit so you can speak with noble characters? Shit, thats surprise.

I am happy for them, its shame that here in Slovak republic we will never make something like this :/
I'm thinking Game of Thrones may have had something to do with people flocking towards this sort of game

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

You can talk to them regardless of being dirty or sparkly clean, difference is however how they're gonna treat you, that's why this shit is so awesome, becasue of exactly little things like that.

In most games enemy dies when his health drops to 0, here however they can choose to walk the way of the chickenshit and surrender to you [you can even judge them then] or if you have a certain perk, you can smack them in the head so hard that they just lose consciousness mid battle [it's especially gratifying when you hit somebody wearing helmet and he just shuts off instantly], not to mention that the combat itself is awesome, refreshing and innovative.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one of those sales, but, how it got to a million interests me. MC score is 75 on PC to 67 on PS4 and XB1. User MC score ranges from 7.4 to 8.1.

So, just based on that, it sounds like an OK to decent game. How is it blowing up like this? Is it possibly mostly the controversy sparking interest?
The people who buy this game don't know who Varva is. It's mostly that it's a hardcore RPG experience and I guess it interests people.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I find it astounding when games that I just hear of (and that's not to say I'm all-seeing and all-knowing of worthwhile releases, because I'm definitely not haha) go on to quickly bust up sales charts. Congrats to the team and congrats to people picking this up if the game is truly awesome! :)

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I dislike the studio but I hope this leads to more WRPGs in the future. It's been a pretty dry scene if you don't enjoy isometric stuff.

Nov 11, 2017
That's unfortunate , hopefully the good devs within the company move on to other situations so I can support there work.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good game and I'm happy with my purchase. Looks like Deep Silver has a success story after the last few bombs.

PensivePen

Oct 25, 2017

I think the controversy probably definitely did a lot to make people more aware of the game. But for a comparison the first Destiny which had a 75/76 on Metacritic has also been one of the best selling games of this generation. Middling reviews aren't necessarily a death knell for a game.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

If I had to guess, its sales are due to the thirst for a hardcore RPG that has been building up for years.

So far I am enjoying it despite some mild annoyances, I just wish I had more time for hours-long immersive playtime. This game seems well suited to that short of thing.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Who outside of our bubble even cares?
That's unfortunate , hopefully the good devs within the company move on to other situations so I can support there work.
Jesus.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Games critics are generally a lot less representative of their audiences than you'd think, and a lot more homogenous. A failure to review well in games doesn't mean you have failed the consumer, just a certain type of AAA focused console prioritizing consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.