• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first hour of the game and it gives me that vibe. I'm not sure though how it works later on in like real battles.

The interconnectedness of quests seems absolutely stellar. It's amazing how the bad outcome of a quest - which would be a failure in other games - can be corrected through other quests or how NPCs do certain things regardless of you agreeing to it or not (you can literally watch them doing it). You can change your opinion later on by just approaching them again, while they're doing what they asked of you in the beginning. That's absolutely crazy and unique.
Do you know of any articles or videos that show stuff like this? Besides the monk quest from earlier in the thread

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Thank you for this.

Huge rant, not about the game, so you can safely skip it.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

But yeah. can't wait for the game. It looks impressive and I really love how they go for realism instead of vidya g4me super duper awesome fighting.

You are pretty brave, to write this on the internet. But I personally fully agree.

Your reading comprehension right now kinda gives it away. :D
He or she meant it's eastern compared to the listed cities. Someone who isn't based in europe could believe that it is part of eastern europe, but I do understand your frustration.

That looks good enough for me. Great!

Well, berlin is more on the east than west side of our country : P But I get your point, I proceed to apologize.

Also; older people associate countries like Czech Republic as Eastern Europe cause they were part of the eastern block back in the day.....

Let me guess, based on that avatar, you are either immigrant in Canada, because of regime of back then or kid of those who "flew" our country.

....or maybe I was wrong all the time. But there has to be something Czech about you, otherwise I can't see, how can you know about Pat a Mat (Pat and Mat in English for vast majority in this forum)....

Well compared to other big european cities like berlin, london, paris, stockholm and so on. Sorry about the wrong term, central europe it is. Thank you for correcting.
I am sorry my reading comprehension failed me, I didn't pay attention to it as much as I should, I apologize.

Last edited:

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for this.

Hidden content

But yeah. can't wait for the game. It looks impressive and I really love how they go for realism instead of vidya g4me super duper awesome fighting.

giphy.gif

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And someone need to convince Mr. Vavra to get on Hidden & Dangerous 3 when he's finished with this.

This is something I have wondered about, HD2 was masterpiece and from what I can tell sold pretty well for its day, why didn't Take2 ever proceed to make a modern (in good sense of the word) sequel, such a shame.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, based on that avatar, you are either immigrant in Canada, because of regime of back then or kid of those who "flew" our country.

....or maybe I was wrong all the time. But there has to be something Czech about you, otherwise I can't see, how can you know about Pat a Mat (Pat and Mat in English for vast majority in this forum)....

Grew up in Slovakia (near the Czech border). My uncle escaped the regime and my dad followed a few years later (after communism fell). So I didn't exactly abandon(flew) the home country, didn't have too much of a choice as I was like 10 when we moved.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this.

Hidden content

That has literally nothing to do with what actually happened though. Nobody called for censorship. Dude couldn't handle fair criticism (where nobody called him a racist, mind you) and his response was to join a massive harassment campaign. A campaign that actually tries to censor people by using death threats and doxxing. Funny talking about "respect for other humans" when this dude has none.

anthraxus

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This is something I have wondered about, HD2 was masterpiece and from what I can tell sold pretty well for its day, why didn't Take2 ever proceed to make a modern (in good sense of the word) sequel, such a shame.
Pretty much no campaign focused tactical shooters are being made anymore. All of them (Arma, Red Orchestra/Rising Storm, Insurgency, Squad, R6: Siege..) are mp focused. Which really pisses me off, because it's one of my fav genres and I'm not a mp guy at all.

I guess it's a lot more $$/creativity/time/work to make a proper campaigns with great mission variety like in Hidden & Dangerous, OFP: Cold War Crisis, ect.. and a lot easier to throw some maps together and just let ppl fight it out.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Grew up in Slovakia (near the Czech border). My uncle escaped the regime and my dad followed a few years later (after communism fell). So I didn't exactly abandon(flew) the home country, didn't have too much of a choice as I was like 10 when we moved.
I understand, but let say it's great you see one of the finest czech child show : )

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
That has literally nothing to do with what actually happened though. Nobody called for censorship. Dude couldn't handle fair criticism (where nobody called him a racist, mind you) and his response was to join a massive harassment campaign. A campaign that actually tries to censor people by using death threats and doxxing. Funny talking about "respect for other humans" when this dude has none.
Care to send me a pm and we could talk about that in there and do not litter this stuff in here?

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think there was some controversy happening around Varva not including people of color in his game, below is an article from Kotaku from that period in time. There was also a 12 page thread on the old site discussing the same topic. Imo that's probably what sparked Varva's outrage; but who really knows. I do agree with the other posters, it does seem like it comes from a different place then the regular gamergaters.

https://kotaku.com/idiots-fight-to-keep-a-medieval-game-white-1516970808

Edit: i'll refrain from talking about this now, if people want to discuss this there should be a new thread made.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there was some controversy happening around Varva not including people of color in his game, below is an article from Kotaku from that period in time. There was also a 12 page thread on the old site discussing the same topic. Imo that's probably what sparked Varva's outrage; but who really knows. I do agree with the other posters, it does seem like it comes from a different place then the regular gamergaters.

Edit: i'll refrain from talking about this now, if people want to discuss this there should be a new thread made.
You are yet another that posted that article without actually reading it, which is embarassing to say the least. If you read the article, it's about internet edgelords telling someone to kill themselves for merely pointing out black people existed in medieval times. That's literally what that article is about. That article is not even about the developer.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You are yet another that posted that article without actually reading it, which is embarassing to say the least. If you read the article, it's about internet edgelords telling someone to kill themselves for merely pointing out black people existed in medieval times. That's literally what that article is about. That article is not even about the developer.
I did read the article. Like I said, if you want to discuss what made Varva make the comments he made, make a new thread.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
The game isn't out yet, so we don't know if his political ideology detracts from that.
He's not making fun of labels, he's proudly showing off his far right labels of being against representation, social justice, and diversity.
He was one of the biggest gamergate supporters and would often go about a persecution complex that he's a misogynist.
B1xE_jJCQAEXC2K.png

Meet+daniel+vavra+indie+dev_b74463_5302332.png

Meet_4ee983_5302332.png

Oh you poor baby victim. See this kind of disgusting behavior made me cancel my collectors edition preorder. I will pick up a used copy instead so these people will never see one Cent from me :-)

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did read the article. Like I said, if you want to discuss what made Varva make the comments he made, make a new thread.
So you posted a article about internet edgelords telling people to kill themselves to defend the dev... why exactly? That's quite non-sensical.
I don't need to make a new thread. The mods already said you can discuss this in this one.
Jesus. That article is trash from the title down. I see no reason to put POC in this game if the devs don't want to. Have they not seen the time period?

Looking forward to the game! Hoping the PS4 version has decent performance.
"Have they seen the time period" LMAO, way to tell how little you read, I guess you stopped at the title.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Jesus. That article is trash from the title down. I see no reason to put POC in this game if the devs don't want to. Have they not seen the time period?

Looking forward to the game! Hoping the PS4 version has decent performance.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So you posted a article about internet edgelords telling people to kill themselves to defend the dev... why exactly? That's quite non-sensical.
I don't need to make a new thread. The mods already said you can discuss this in this one.

Reading the article again you may be right, not a good choice as an example. I do however think (and like I said previously its juts my opinion). Varva might of felt like people were implying that he had to change his game to suit other peoples preferences (the questions wasnt aimed at the developers as you said, but i'm sure they were aware of what was being said online).

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, M1chl and such...

I more than a lot of my american pals here understand a lot of what you are talking about due to studying some of the history there. Believe me, if anyone deserves a game or thousand celebrating their culture it's definitely you guys. Do I think people in the US, mostly due to historical ignorance, apply the white label like a sword equally to peoples who should absolutely not be reduced into a simple ethnic group vs the US? Absolutely they do.

However, it's possible to acknowledge all of this and still think the man is an asshole. The two are independent of each other.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017

Honest question: were you and Messofanego actually interested and following (in) this game or have you merely made it your life goal to find every thread about this game and kindly remind people about the Vavra GG thing? Because I haven't seen a single post by either of you that is actually about the game itself, in this thread at least. And that's not an attack but I'm really curious.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

"Have they seen the time period" LMAO, way to tell how little you read, I guess you stopped at the title.
I did read it, it's not like it's long. The example of MedievalPOC isn't enough for people to be upset that POC aren't in this game. It's the devs call if they want to include them, but it's in no way necessary. It's the Witcher 3 argument all over again.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

What part of the article are you responding to here? Neither the Kotaku article nor the dailydot article it piggybacks is about the devs' decisions.

I call these folks idiots not for their "arguments" - the game takes place in a small area of medieval Bohemia, so there are good odds everyone would have been white anyway - but because of their hair-trigger hostility, and the extent with which they feel entitled to lash out and threaten others.

Nobody told the developers to change the game. Nobody officially complained. All that happened was that somebody, somewhere asked an interesting question, one that happened to involve non-whites in a very white setting.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: were you and Messofanego actually interested and following (in) this game or have you merely made it your life goal to find every thread about this game and kindly remind people about the Vavra GG thing? Because I haven't seen a single post by either of you that is actually about the game itself, in this thread at least. And that's not an attack but I'm really curious.
That's about one of the stupidest assumptions i've seen yet, especially considering everything I ever posted was on this thread and following on previous discussion, but sure, accuse me of "making my life goal to find every thread about this game". What a odd, aggresively defensive statement to make.
Shit i guess it's your life goal to post on Kingdom Come threads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did read it, it's not like it's long. The example of MedievalPOC isn't enough for people to be upset that POC aren't in this game. It's the devs call if they want to include them, but it's in no way necessary. It's the Witcher 3 argument all over again.
Doesn't seem like you did,like, at all. The article is quite literally about internet edgelords telling people to kill themselves over simple observations. Literally nowhere on the article says anything about making the devs include them or even being necessary. If you read it, you are extremely lacking of reading comprehension skills.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for those guys, but I was absolutely in love with this game from the first time I saw it on KS and backed it.

Personally I just can't support the game considering the way he acts. There's no reason to act that way and support a harassment campaign targeted not at having a debate with extreme feminists but throwing a tantrum over women having any part of the industry at all. If people are reducing GG and supporting it into a black and white issue, it is because GG itself reduced the argument down to that level.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
That's about one of the stupidest assumptions i've seen yet, especially considering everything I ever posted was on this thread and following on previous discussion, but sure, accuse me of "making my life goal to find every thread about this game". What a odd, aggresively defensive statement to make.
Shit i guess it's your life goal to post on Kingdom Come threads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked a simple question, namely if you actually care about the game and have been following it / been interested in it (before finding out about the Vavra thing) or merely think of yourself as some sort of missionary that comes to every thread despite not actually caring about the game just to enlighten users how bad it is and to follow the right way. Because that is kind of the way it currently looks to me based on the posts on here and it's not a good look. Then we might as well just add a Vavra-Disclaimer of sort in every OP of this game and then get on with it and focus on the actual game instead of derailing it page for page.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a cultural relativist. You either have the basic decency to treat people equal or you don't. And the "foreigners can't criticise our ways" argument is one slippery slope

There is nothing that excuses this overt support for a harassment group, whining about a conspiracy not to cover your game, or joining in a hate campaign against a journalist:

B1xE_jJCQAEXC2K.png

"Seemingly" pro-GG? Definitely pro-GG.

Rather pathetic persecution complex he has got going there. I have got this game on preorder through the kickstarter. That one change because of the idiotic views of the head honcho, but might affect future purchases. I would like to think many/most of his dev team don't bend that way.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just think the article is written in a childish, unprofessional manner. I'm addressing the POC issue as a whole.
no, that's just you trying to make up for the fact you didn't read shit. You said "I see no reason to put POC in this game if the devs don't want to. Have they not seen the time period?" as if the Kotaku article was saying anything like that. Which it wasn't. Shit they even literally say "the game takes place in a small area of medieval Bohemia, so there are good odds everyone would have been white anyway"-
I asked a simple question, namely if you actually care about the game and have been following it / been interested in it (before finding out about the Vavra thing) or merely think of yourself as some sort of missionary that comes to every thread despite not actually caring about the game just to enlighten users how bad it is and to follow the right way. Because that is kind of the way it currently looks to me based on the posts on here and it's not a good look. Then we might as well just add a Vavra-Disclaimer of sort in every OP of this game and then get on with it and focus on the actual game instead of derailing it page for page.
I've followed the game since it was on Kickstarter,yes, even backed it, and eventually asked for a refund. So yes, I care about the game.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The user was warned for this post. Make actual arguments, and argue in good faith. Saying "stay mad" repeatedly isn't contributing to a thread.
no, that's just you trying to make up for the fact you didn't read shit. You said "I see no reason to put POC in this game if the devs don't want to. Have they not seen the time period?" as if the Kotaku article was saying anything like that. Which it wasn't. Shit they even literally say "the game takes place in a small area of medieval Bohemia, so there are good odds everyone would have been white anyway"-
Still a poor article. Stay mad.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the love of whatever you believe in...could someone please make a new thread about Vavra and his shitty views?
This thread is about the fucking game and not about the fucking opinions of one out of probably 100 devs at the studio. Thank you very much!

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of whatever you believe in...could someone please make a new thread about Vavra and his shitty views?
This thread is about the fucking game and not about the fucking opinions of one out of probably 100 devs at the studio. Thank you very much!
The game is a product of the creators, thus you can't separate the two.

Then again we did have a safe space OT with a game featuring a Fascist, made by a mod no less, so you might get what you want here.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is a product of the creators, thus you can't separate the two.

Then again we did have a safe space OT with a game featuring a Fascist, made by a mod no less, so you might get what you want here.
It's one dev. ONE dev out of probably 100.
So yes, this game is not about the personal life of one dude.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Lmao, nice. So you admit you didn't even read it, made up shit that wasn't written, and when called out on it, the only thing you can say is "stay mad"? Amazing discussion skills.
I read it. I hated it. I addressed the initial issue of criticizing the game for not having POC. There's no discussion to be had here. I'm not even sure why the article was posted as it has nothing to do with the creator and little to do with the game.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"one dev"

He's the cofounder of the studio and creative director of the game, not just some code money spouting randian shit in the basement.
So? It's still one dev.
If it would be "some code money spoting randian shit" he would probably not be part of the studio anymore considering the publicity this thing gets.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read it. I hated it. I addressed the initial issue of criticizing the game for not having POC. There's no discussion to be had here. I'm not even sure why the article was posted as it has nothing to do with the creator and little to do with the game.
" I'm not even sure why the article was posted as it has nothing to do with the creator and little to do with the game."
which is why you responded to someone who directly posted the article and instead of pointing that out you made up stuff the article didn't say in the slightest.
I'm curious as to what racists defending the decision to not include POC has to do with the actual game.
It doesn't, which is why people pointed out that it was a terrible example nobody managed to actually fucking read to defend the game pointing at the article being "outrage" at the game.

grimybrit

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
" I'm not even sure why the article was posted as it has nothing to do with the creator and little to do with the game."
which is why you responded to someone who directly posted the article and instead of pointing that out you made up stuff the article didn't say in the slightest.
I get that that set you off, but I don't care. I remember well seeing actual criticism of the game on the old site for not including POC. Game looks awesome btw. Gonna support Vavra for sure!

Oct 26, 2017
We really need a thread only for Vavra and The Astronaut CEO for their views, and leave the normal threads so we can only discuss about THE GAMES and not politc views or whatever.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I've followed the game since it was on Kickstarter,yes, even backed it, and eventually asked for a refund. So yes, I care about the game.
Alright, thanks for the reply.

For what it's worth, a Mod earlier said the OT will be focused on the game itself, if I understood it correctly.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Like, M1chl and such...

I more than a lot of my american pals here understand a lot of what you are talking about due to studying some of the history there. Believe me, if anyone deserves a game or thousand celebrating their culture it's definitely you guys. Do I think people in the US, mostly due to historical ignorance, apply the white label like a sword equally to peoples who should absolutely not be reduced into a simple ethnic group vs the US? Absolutely they do.

However, it's possible to acknowledge all of this and still think the man is an asshole. The two are independent of each other.

Cool, I get it. But I know the guy and he does not seems as an asshole, so yeah. And that cloud my judgement too, I am not saying it cannot. After all, he created Mafia, which is pretty much my game of my young life. But I was inside his studio and like there was a lot of female staff, doing whole kinds of things and I respect person privacy so I don't talk to them, only person which I talk to was developer who worked on first Forza Horizon, sorry I cannot handle myself. So I cannot view him as misogynist, women do exactly what men do. I asked him about salaries. And he looked at me as some sort of idiot, I don't blame him...and he told me, that the output matters, not gender/sex (...since he has few trans people in there as well. Should I even leak this info? I mean...for the sake of those individuals, please don't make a big deal of it, especially you, lurkers), he needs game on shelves and those people would want to work with him in the future.

I...I don't know : ( I understand both arguments, BUT...you know. Sorry : (