• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

500.000 - 2 days
1 million - 2 weeks
2 million - 1 year
3 million - June 2020
4 million - November 2021
5 million - June 2022

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
Its such a great game, finished my second playthrought last months with all the DLC and its still amazing. Wish we get a second one of in the same vein from the same studio.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Finally started playing it a few weeks ago despite having backed it on Kickstarter and wow, it really is very good. Shame it still doesn't run flawlessly on PC, though.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, undeniably a great game. One of the most immersive rpgs I've ever played.

It's a shame this Vavra guy is such an asshat.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
This game so perfectly combined a RPG/immersive sim hybrid and sits there in the top of 3 best open world games the past decade with BotW and Elden Ring. Also it has the most accurately scaled buildings, trees, forests, streams, rivers, etc I've ever seen in a game

It's got a lot of features/mechanics that people describe as Eurojank but as a European who grew up playing Eurojank games it's endearing to me lol

Didn't expect the game to sell that much, always felt like a niche game to me

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Easily top 5 RPG of the game, all around fantastic.

A shame about all the racism and gamergate shit surrounding the game…

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't played myself, just watched someone go through it.

Gotta say, it's refreshing to see a RPG where you're not THE CHOSEN ONE. Henry is just some random plain dude.

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
They should release a 60fps patch for the console brethren's but they might be too small to be bothered.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
best forests in gaming

goddamn it you take that back! because now i want to buy it :| is it enhanced on PS5..?

i love, love big forests in games.. so far my favorites are Blair Witch (scariest forest by far and imo very realistic), RDR2 of course (wish the areas were bigger though), Skyrim maybe.. and not many else. almost always im a bit disappointed by how small or sparse they are, i want to get lost in a big mysterious forest damnit! even Elden Ring failed at this, i was never really immersed in the small forest patches it had..

gabyb

Jun 23, 2021
Just yesterday I was looking to see if there were any leaks about news of the sequel and I couldn't find any. Shame, my time with the first game was great, one of the best rpgs I have played.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Really need to give this game another try. World was cool, but I bounced off the combat last time.
Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy originally?

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
goddamn it you take that back! because now i want to buy it :| is it enhanced on PS5..?

i love, love big forests in games.. so far my favorites are Blair Witch (scariest forest by far and imo very realistic), RDR2 of course (wish the areas were bigger though), Skyrim maybe.. and not many else. almost always im a bit disappointed by how small or sparse they are, i want to get lost in a big mysterious forest damnit! even Elden Ring failed at this, i was never really immersed in the small forest patches it had..
it has no ps5 upgrade

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a free copy of this from the Epic Store but haven't played it yet. Is the game still buggy, and people like it in spite of that, or has it been completely fixed?
Just yesterday I was looking to see if there were any leaks about news of the sequel and I couldn't find any. Shame, my time with the first game was great, one of the best rpgs I have played.
Based on these sales numbers I strongly suspect a sequel was greenlit a few weeks after release.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
FYI

It's on PS+ Extra if you want to give it a try.

I would, but sadly it's just 1080/30. Would love if they'd give it a Patch.

Oct 28, 2017

The game is heavily based upon actual geography from the Czech Republic/Czechia and its surroundings. I've been to the areas IRL and it really is astonishing, the amount of detail put into it.

Fuck the lead developer but its otherwise a very accomplished game.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's quite a lot for a game that fell under the radar for a lot of people. Even outside Era (which soft-banned the game), the game barely got any attention and discourse.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a PS5 patch with nicer visuals and better framerate I'd finally jump in.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
Fuck Dan Vavra, right wing GamerGater:

He has been a vocal critic of censorship and what he believes is a progressive bias in video games journalism, in which he claims that it falsely accuses the gaming community of sexism. Vávra associated his views on a progressive bias in video game journalism while using the protest hashtag #GamerGate.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Try making a thread about like, Ion Fury, and 80% of responses will be like "fuck this game" but with this one, a lot of folks on here just kinda seem to want to ignore the elephant in the room. It's weird. Is it because 'it's a good game' and not as easy to boycott as a niche indie thing?

Like, I get it for all the folks out there who don't really follow games discourse, whatever, but this forum is basically games discourse writ large lol

Last edited:

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Best rpg of last gen, yeah Vavra is an ass but you didn't have the Mafia remake threads constantly filled with endless Vavra reminders because people didn't know he directed the original. It's all theater

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Dan Vavra, right wing GamerGater:

"Progressive bias" is such a weird thing to state opposition to. Straight up "fuck that, I support regression!" is one weird-ass flex. Shame, because the game's good and I'm sure lots of people who worked on it aren't useful idiot shitheads like Vavra, but it's real tough to support this game with a clear conscience. Dude is everything wrong with gaming wrapped up in a "LOL DID I TRIGGER U" novelty tee shirt.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's frequently like £6 and has been for years so...this doesn't feel that surprising.

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
Try making a thread about like, Ion Fury, and 80% of responses will be like "fuck this game" but with this one, a lot of folks on here just kinda seem to want to ignore the elephant in the room. It's weird. Is it because 'it's a good game' and not as easy to boycott as a niche indie thing?

Like, I get it for all the folks out there who don't really follow games discourse, whatever, but this forum is basically games discourse writ large lol

Yeah I haven't been on this forum long but I'm surprised how many threads have been allowed on this game judging from the search bar considering other games have been banned entirely or quarantined to one thread. Not saying everyone who plays or talks about this is a bad person or anything, but yeah.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado

Literally every thread about this game on resetera since it came out has made sure that everyone knows Vavra is a cunt. What fucking elephant it's all that's mentioned about the game here

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Literally every thread about this game on resetera since it came out has made sure that everyone knows Vavra is a cunt. What fucking elephant it's all that's mentioned about the game here

Yuup. I wanna see those threads where it's been ignored.

Anywhooo, it's a very unique and great game, with an unfortunate caveat of a shitty person profitting from it. On one hand I'm glad it sold well, since I'd love to see more games with that approach to gameplay/setting (preferably from other company), on the other hand, well, a shithead is profitting from it.