• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to Paul who translated a 90 minute interview with Várva we have some new details about DLC, long term support, modding tools and DRM.

• They are already working on the DLC questline where you can playing as a woman (I think Theresa will be the protagonist?)
  • They are planning fairly longterm support for the game, they have 10 dedicated people watching streams and forums to get as much feedback as possible for bugfixing. Apparently they never saw the Flying Dragon Kick bug before it was recorded.
  • As far as modding, he says they did not have time before launch to look into it in detail, but now they will investigate how possible it will be to release some tools - they rewrote most of the cryengine but are not sure what they can release from legal standpoint, so it will require some negotiation with Crytek. Of course he cannot promise anything specific yet because of that.
  • Making of documentary was delayed because they want it to include the time before launch, launch party, feedback and reactions etc.
  • The R&D they made and tools they developed should make development of future game significantly less difficult and hopefully faster.
  • Crowdfunding for the future game is something to consider, he brings up Swen Vincke and how they did kickstarter for Original Sin 2 eventhough OS1 made lot of money, crowdfunding is a way to measure interest, build relationship with fans etc...
  • Czech voice acting: Warhorse want it, but the game has 110 hours of voice acting, in real terms it would probably take around 3 months of work of 5 directors, 3 audio engineers, 50 actors, ton of QA..and he questions if the opportunity cost would be worth it, since it would mean not being able to do other stuff that might be more important/useful...basically they want to do it if the game is successful but cannot promise it yet.
  • Before even starting the company, after leaving 2K, he spent 2 years reading and studying historical literature (for example work of Zikmund Winter who wrote some 2000 archaic czech page work about medieval life called "Cultural Image of Czech towns"). He describes how he had to write 80-page manual about medieval clothing for the artists because the clothing was completely different with different names et cetera..and then had to find specific professional who dealt with this as a vocation to find all the flaws and errors anyway..in total, around 20 people were consulted regarding various specific things.
  • Didn't want to do Hussite Wars right away because it would be too much, so they searched for smaller interesting events and locations where they took place and found that first invasion of Sigismund which provided good background for the game, the burning of Silver Skalitz actually happened and it served as a good starting point. The time period was also selected because it is just before advent of guns (which they did not want) but right after the golden years of Charles IV's reign
  • He came up with the idea for the teleshopping advert, they actually intended to run it on German TV like actual teleshopping, but didn't have time :D.
  • Talks about the futility of DRM and that it is useless anyway so they didn't bother (he didn't know about the online check fuck-up, but it confirms it was unintentional).

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I wrote him about the DRM fuck-up a lot. He knew.

But I love that he know DRM is useless.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I would have love to have done some voice acting for this game. I really like it so far but the VA is pretty bad.

I can do so many variations on the old gruff white man. Sometimes it sounds like it's a 20 year old reading for a 60 year old lol.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Yes! I RARELY like a game enough to want paid DLC. This is 1 of 2 exceptions I have had this generation except for The Witcher 3, and SP GTAV DLC (but thats really last gen).

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually surprised they are doing the female character DLC
Will half the dialogue be, "Ha! You're a woman! Why don't you go sweep or cook for your man?" followed by a smack on the arse?

lol

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
should make the female use a dagger and poison :p

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Man I would have love to have done some voice acting for this game. I really like it so far but the VA is pretty bad.

I can do so many variations on the old gruff white man. Sometimes it sounds like it's a 20 year old reading for a 60 year old lol.

LMAO. I 100% agree. That is so immersion breaking. So far most of the VA have been great, but yeah they used a 20something year old for the voice of what looks like a 60+ year old. It is so freaking bad.

Oct 28, 2017
Loving the bit about the futility of DRM. Wish more companies would publicly acknowledge that (and that the major publishers would stick up for the customers instead of including DRM so shareholders don't get pissy about "not protecting their investments").

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They are planning fairly longterm support for the game, they have 10 dedicated people watching streams and forums to get as much feedback as possible for bugfixing. Apparently they never saw the Flying Dragon Kick bug before it was recorded.

giphy.gif

I'm a huuuuuuuuge fan of the game, most of you already know that (and some maybe even bought it after I wrote so much about it), but somehow I don't believe that. Not after someone from Deep Silver came into our thread, after several days and after the huge frame pacing problem for the console version was already known and even reported to him several times and said that he doesn't even passed it to the team cause he mostly plays the PC version and the frame pacing "is eventually the same as in every other open world game".

Nope, I don't believe that problem was taken seriously.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
All these years watching the video with the updates and just now I've realized that I've never seem Vávra speaking his native tongue, kinda threw me off a bit lol.

Anyway, coolest beans! :)