• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If this forum is any indication, a whole lot do know and still don't care. Giving him money and keeping him successful is fine for them.

This forum is no indication to be honest. I go on a few different gaming forums and this is the only place I have even seen it mentioned.

Anyway on topic those are decent numbers. I plan to get it at some point but when the price drops and hopefully after a few decent patches.

Nov 23, 2017
Congratulations to the studio, I haven't wanted to stop playing this since it came out!

Fallout 4s number was massive!, I liked that game alot more then some others it seems

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad to see it's doing really well. RPG community needs to have more variety and it'd be great if the game inspired at least 1-2 other developers to make an RPG in a historical setting.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
While I am not interested in the game myself it's great to see a game like this succeeding. I hope it makes other developers take more risks to bring unique RPG experiences to the players.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
One of my friends, being a Spaniard and not lurking English-driven gaming forums, bought the game without knowing how big of a shithead Valka and is enjoying it a lot. So it'd definitely be nice if you didn't use a Trump quote in a sarcastic manner to imply he is some kind of GamerGater or something alongside those lines.

Thank you very much.
Yep I've already been dogpiled on and officially warned .. it was just a joke about the Trump quote and the controversy around the game, as you mentioned, but I see now that it was not appreciated. My bad everyone!!

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is unexpectedly good result and very good news for any fan of storydriven singleplayer games, RPGs in particular. After all, Kingdom Come is:

- singleplayer only, storydriven
- with unique setting and mechanics
- no DRM
- no microtransactions
- no season pass

Unfortunately it is also has bugs, but those will be fixed with some extra time.

Now they have the technological base to create content lot quicker, so hopefully, Hussite Wars next.

Oct 27, 2017
There it is:
2OriQsE.png

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Many people in my friends list play this game and enjoy it. As soon as the game has been improved, I jump on board.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I chose to look at those numbers from the perspective that a dedicated singleplayer RPG, from a relatively unknown development team and a relatively small publisher, without excessive DRM, manages to be very succesful on PC. That's a good thing.

He has shit opinions, awful ones, but at the same time, a failure for this game on PC would have been something bad for the PC, considering that the wast majority of the buyers will most likely not do a background check on the developer. As much as he deservers shit for what he says, you want this kind of game (genre, style and how it's released) to be able to be succesful.

I have yet not bought this game myself though, for a lot of reasons.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
How?
I am not that deep into the game or news about it, as anything I read about it was turning me quite away (realism != fun). But I thought this game was to be an anti-Bethesda game. Stripping away fantasy and power fantasy and great spectacle for realism and despair. I always thought was more a fantasyless Dark Souls.
First person open world. It's not anti-Bethesda, it's a Bethesda game with systems and mechanics that people want from Bethesda style games.

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
I chose to look at those numbers from the perspective that a dedicated singleplayer RPG, from a relatively unknown development team and a relatively small publisher, without excessive DRM, manages to be very succesful on PC. That's a good thing.

He has shit opinions, awful ones, but at the same time, a failure for this game on PC would have been something bad for the PC, considering that the wast majority of the buyers will most likely not do a background check on the developer. As much as he deservers shit for what he says, you want this kind of game (genre, style and how it's released) to be able to be succesful.

I have yet not bought this game myself though, for a lot of reasons.

Slight correction regarding DRM. The Steam version does have some sort of DRM where you need to be connected to the internet each time you start the game to verify license, then you can disconnect and play freely. A non-DRM version is releasing on GOG soon.

Source

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Slight correction regarding DRM. The Steam version does have some sort of DRM where you need to be connected to the internet each time you start the game to verify license, then you can disconnect and play freely. A non-DRM version is releasing on GOG soon.

Source

Sounds weird, with them making a thing about not using Denuvo. The server depency is the reall issue with Denuvo.

I would have thought that this would have made a bigger fuzz.

They patched out that DRM a day or two after release.

Edit: And there's the explanation for that.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really hooked. Put in almost 20 hours already, and that's a lot for me and any game considering my limited gaming time.

I love it that I can go just out of city and have the same nature around me.
Yesterday I was trying to hunt rabbits with stolen bow, then went deeper into forest and a hunter guy jumped out from some rocks waiting for some deers and told me to GTFO as I was trespassing.
I booked it so fast.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely refreshing to play a game that is dedicated to its vision. The systems, the RPG(ness) of it, the story that is not a "savior", there just isn't anything out there quite like it.

Sure, its buggy and there are issues. I can forgive many of its short commings for what it tried (and mostly succeced) to accomplish. A complex first person RPG grounded in reality.

We can get into the comparisons if we want, but Id rather do that later and let things simmer a bit.
Its no witcher 3, but thats a once in a generation type game. But for a first attempt at something so ambitious, it was an absolute success

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Probably due to the fact that it's an open world game where you can mess around with (sandbox). The comparison is not about the settings, but the mechanics.
Is it as open world as Bethesda RPGs where you can do anything anywhere at anytime or more like Piranha Bytes games (or MMOs) where the world is technically open, but you get slaughtered when you step out of line until your level is high enough?

The environment and UI reminds people a lot of Oblivion with how densely packed with forests it is. I can definitely see it too but that's where the similarities ends. This game has rpg systems on top of systems, so much that even I need to frequently look at the codex to remind myself what all the icons mean. It runs laps around oblivion and even witcher 3 in that regard.
But forests and grasslands are the typical medieval environments, even in fantasy medieval. I always equated Bethesda RPG with non standard and strange environment. Tundra, blight deserts, destroyed cities, post apocalyptic slums, tree sized mushrooms, gigantic fleas,...

First person open world. It's not anti-Bethesda, it's a Bethesda game with systems and mechanics that people want from Bethesda style games.
Ok, maybe I am mixing up some games in my head. I thought this was the medieval game where they spent 'forever' trying to make the setting and mechanics as realistic as possible. I thought this was the game where they studied medieval swordplay and other medieval martial arts to make the combat "impactful", "realistic", "methodical", "good" and whatever other buzzwords are usually used for these combat systems. With no magic, more complicated systems (lock-picking, saving, ...) and "good" combat (the biggest critique of Bethesda RPGs) I thought it was more anti-Bethesda in setting and mechanics. But I guess I was wrong and this game might be a fun RPG where you can hack and slash through the countryside as you please. And explore the map to your hearts content, finishing quests anywhere at anytime, just without magic.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Is it as open world as Bethesda RPGs where you can do anything anywhere at anytime or more like Piranha Bytes games (or MMOs) where the world is technically open, but you get slaughtered when you step out of line until your level is high enough?
I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've seen yeah it's more like ELEX where you can get slaughtered if you wander off too far. But after you learn some skill and get proper equipment, then you can tackle the harder parts.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've seen yeah it's more like ELEX where you can get slaughtered if you wander off too far. But after you learn some skill and get proper equipment, then you can tackle the harder parts.
OK, this was also my assumption. The game should thus be compared to games like ELEX and Gothic. There is no mass market appeal driving the games and they are rather niche. So it is doing way better than expected (at least by me) and doing so on its own merits.