• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, KH3 was revealed at Sony's E3 2013 event. I remember because I immediately preordered a PS4 after that, even though I knew KH3 wouldn't be out for a long while. I think the XBox version was mentioned a couple of days later. If they didn't announce an XBox port for this new collection after skipping the first ones, it's not happening.

I'd bet money that the large majority of the KH fanbase has always been on PlayStation and already has a PS4 for it.
It was announced the same day as the PS4 version at most it was like 2 hours later.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think I paid just a tiny bit over this price tag for both compilations separately during a Best Buy sale. I wanna say there was a "buy both for $50" kinda thing.

Still, not surprised one bit, only surprised they waited this long.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Not to make this sound like a console issue, but it is a touch headscratching that they would make all nine titles available on the PS4 when they are making KH3 for the Xbox One as well. Not sure what the equiviant of this would be, but I would imagine that if the audience is there on Xbox One, might as well aim for both consoles (although I suppose considering that these were "Sony Focused," it is understandable if they put them all together on just Sony's platform only).

Either way though, I didn't get the chance to grab these yet, so it could be a fun way to pass 2019 in between waiting for upcoming games and KH3 when it drops next year.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
While tempting I don't think I'll bite. Partially play KH1 and jumping strait in to KH3. I don't think not releasing these collections will have any effect on KH3 sales. I think anyone who is excited for KH3 will purchase it on their console of choice. Not everyone who is looking forward to KH3 played the originals. Witcher 1 and 2 were never on playstation and W3 did fine. It would be nice if the collection was on X1 but the lack of the collection isn't going to determine the success of KH3 on X1.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
With the Classic FFs, as well as KH3, coming to X1, I think it's just a matter of time before this gets ported over. I'll wait for an Xbox version.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Confirmation of this being two discs makes it a pass for me. I just bought the first collection on PS4, might as well just have them in separate boxes at this point. Would have been neat if it was on a single disc, or if it included some extras.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Might buy just for collection purposes. Don't think I'll ever play this series, there's too much stuff to play already, but that's an incredible package for sure.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Only one I haven't played is Dream Drop Distance.

Hopefully its as good as Birth By Sleep. Looking forward to redoing that one and the more difficult stuff this time around.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Still the big reveal of the game was at the Playstation event. It's pretty clear SE favors Playstation for KH. IIRC, they aren't even releasing the XBox version in Japan.

SE favorites everything PlayStation over anyone else. There's so many PS4\PC only games. I don't know how this is news to anyone.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why even release Kingdom Hearts 3 on the xbox one? I mean if you gonna put all the previous iterations on just PS4 they might as well made 3 exclusive.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's even less comprehensible why they're doing this only in US. Are EU people not worthy of having the entire collection too ?

It was a port begging thread and that's not allowed here.

Why is ridiculous? Just re-read the forum FAQ.

I mean why make a thread when this one seems to be solely dedicated to that...

are you serious? it was a blatant port begging thread that incites console warz

Port begging is not allowed so it was rightfully closed

None of you know what port-begging is. Discussing why a game isn't on a platform isn't port begging. It's literally in this very word.
It's a shame that some mods are doing their best to actively kill this forum and its reputation but alas it seems to be what this board is aiming for.

Newnie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might be in...

Would love to buy this and then play them all in chronological order until 3 comes out.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even release Kingdom Hearts 3 on the xbox one? I mean if you gonna put all the previous iterations on just PS4 they might as well made 3 exclusive.
A multitude of reasons tbh
The 1X will likely be the best performing version of the game
There is such a thing as 1X owners that used to own a PS2 and/or PS3
There's no such thing as too many platforms to release a game on

So they're giving us 3 months to play through aaaaaall these games.
Let's not pretend these games haven't already been available for the PS4 for quite a while now??

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically the All-in-one bundle they have on PSN minus KH3 pre-order. Great deal and works out to about the same price.

Newnie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Matter a fact, can someone reorganize that list so that its in chronological order for me.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of you know what port-begging is. Discussing why a game isn't on a platform isn't port begging. It's literally in this very word.
It's a shame that some mods are doing their best to actively kill this forum and its reputation but alas it seems to be what this board is aiming for.
Why don't you elaborate then on why you think closing that thread wasn't just

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Let's not pretend these games haven't already been available for the PS4 for quite a while now??

True but this collection is for newcomers as much as it is for people who want to revisit the series. It's haven't played KH1 since I was like 12 and I've never played any of the Final Mix versions or that 3DS game. It's an awesome collection and deal but it's cutting it pretty close. Time may very well be a reason I don't buy it.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you elaborate then on why you think closing that thread wasn't just

I'll probably get banned by that same mod if I go further on so I'll hold off in this thread.

Matter a fact, can someone reorganize that list so that its in chronological order for me.

Timeline order ? Use this if you wanna play that way: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_(series)/Timeline
But otherwise you should just play 1.5 then 2.5 then 2.8, release order is always the best.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It was definitely them just trying to cover themselves in case the PS4 stumbled out the gate like the PS3 did so they didn't have to do such a drastic heel turn like they did with FF XIII.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if anyone is looking to play these cannot stress enough:

PLAY IN RELEASE ORDER.

You will thank me later. I played for the first time through the series this summer. And upon some advice decided to just do release order and you should VERY much do it that way. You could possibly swap 358/2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 but if you do you really kill some of the mystery of KH2 which is really fun going into that story. Going back around to 358/2 after KH2 is a much more fulfilling way to see the story unfold even though chronologically 358/2 is before KH2.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was sort of waiting for a complete collection like this, but I think I'm just gonna skip it and jump into KH3 completely blind. The story seems so convoluted anyway I doubt this collection would help. The games are all about seeing Disney characters and exploring their worlds anyway.

Newnie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like a port begging thread to me when this thread exists. I creating a new thread to try and call out SE for not putting a game collection on Xbox and/or Switch that never existed in the first place leads to no real discussion. I believe the intention of the FAQ regarding portbegging is to deviate from asking about other platforms when they don't exist in any form.

EDIT: I see you answered someone, so ill just leave it at that.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A multitude of reasons tbh
The 1X will likely be the best performing version of the game
There is such a thing as 1X owners that used to own a PS2 and/or PS3
There's no such thing as too many platforms to release a game on
There's no incentive to buy the game at all of you haven't played any of the previous versions. Why would any xbox owner who has never bought into the series pay $60 bucks for confusion?

Unless SE is gonna do a massive video explaining everything of the story so far in just the X1 version?
It was definitely them just trying to cover themselves in case the PS4 stumbled out the gate like the PS3 did so they didn't have to do such a drastic heel turn like they did with FF XIII.
I understand that and wouldnt blame them if that's the case but at least throw the people who has never even played the first a bone and has always just been a xbox gamer.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this port puts 358/2 days over KH2. It never made sense for me why they had them opposite in the 1.5 + 2.5 release.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL holy shit SE is milking this. I'm just going to go with Videogamedunkey's retelling and go with that since I've only played 1,2 and chains of memory.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's even less comprehensible why they're doing this only in US. Are EU people not worthy of having the entire collection too ?

It'd be a good idea to shift the conversation into what the discussion is now than still bringing up the locked thread. If needed you can discuss those matters with me or another moderator via PM. As the numerous other pages have listed, you can discuss this collection without getting into an argument with others.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no incentive to buy the game at all of you haven't played any of the previous versions. Why would any xbox owner who has never bought into the series pay $60 bucks for confusion?

Unless SE is gonna do a massive video explaining everything of the story so far in just the X1 version?
I don't understand what you're getting at here. My point still stands that a) there will be fans that played the game on last gen systems that will want to play it on their X1 or X1X and b) why not release it on as many platforms as your development budget allows?

Also we already know that the start of KH3 will have a series recap

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Should I buy this if I never completed KH I and II plus the spin offs? I thought SE had a story so far thing with Kingdom Hearts III. Would playing this be better?

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a good idea to shift the conversation into what the discussion is now than still bringing up the locked thread. If needed you can discuss those matters with me or another moderator via PM. As the numerous other pages have listed, you can discuss this collection without getting into an argument with others.

Yeah I said in my post right after that I won't continue on that subject in this thread since it's not the matter at hand, so no worries.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy this if I never completed KH I and II plus the spin offs? I thought SE had a story so far thing with Kingdom Hearts III. Would playing this be better?
Yes.

KH 1, 2 and BBS are amazing games.

The rest is all a bit meh. I'd watch Chain of Memories on YouTube and play Dream Drop Distance too.