• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't have this release myself, but I doubt 1.5 + 2.5's discs are patched considering the 1.02 patch would probably push things over the Blu Ray capacity.

What's going on in the 1.02 patch, Pro support? 4K textures?

Curious as well, I love my physical stuff with the latest patch on-disc.

I'm looking at you FFXV:RE. -_-

Jan 11, 2018
1.5 + 2.5 got a few patches fixing some bugs to fix broken high-level combat tactics I believe.

I'm looking at you FFXV:RE. -_-

FFX/X-2 HD is worse because it'd be realistic to re-release it with a new master that fixes the BGM and RNG bugs...

They'd need multiple discs for FFXV (the release of RDR2 gives me hope though)...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My bad, it was Update 1.03 I was thinking of. That's the update that fixed a majority of the glitches from the initial release and added the Theater Mode for KH1 and the new scenes for 358/2 Days. That was a 4-5GB download, IIRC.

The KH1 and 358/2 Days additions were separate free DLC, but I imagine they probably had to do some backend stuff with the base game to get that to work out, since I can't see why bugfixes would inflate the update size to that extent.

1.5 + 2.5 got a few patches fixing some bugs to fix broken high-level combat tactics I believe.
Some of it was stuff that affected even casual playthroughs, like certain reaction commands in KH2 not working properly(or at all) to Birth by Sleep crashing 95% of the time before a certain boss fight. Pre patch, it was in pretty bad shape for both casual and high level players.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
The entire series leading up to Kingdom Hearts III in one package for $40. If you want to get into the series this is the best value next to the "All-In-One Package" they have on PSN.
'

Is that the $100 package that include Kingdom Hearts 3? Because that's what I have, I should have everything right? I plan to start them after my Uncharted series run through.

depward

Oct 29, 2017
I'm downloading v1.05 which is 4.5 gigs after popping in the 1.5 / 2.5 disc if that helps.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel so damn smug. Did they fix the remasters as they released in a bit of a sorry state IIRC?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so damn smug. Did they fix the remasters as they released in a bit of a sorry state IIRC?

My understanding is they did a decent amount of patching, yes.

I played 1, Re:CoM, and 2 in the past couple months (finished 2 this week) and noticed no issues. Though I last played the games at release on the PS2, so if there was anything subtle I may have missed them.

But I did look at people's notes for bugs and the patches beforehand, and IIRC it seemed like they did fix everything significant.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

You mean the delay bug in KH2 when you transformed? Yeah that was fixed alongside the crashes of the PS4 ver

I only played KH1 Final Mix and Re:COM on PS4 - had no issues whatsoever.

They also recently patched out the restrictions of recording for 358/2 Days, Re:Coded and everything else on 2.8 that was blocked (excluding 3D which had no restrictions).

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You mean the delay bug in KH2 when you transformed? Yeah that was fixed alongside the crashes of the PS4 ver

I only played KH1 Final Mix and Re:COM on PS4 - had no issues whatsoever.

They also recently patched out the restrictions of recording for 358/2 Days, Re:Coded and everything else on 2.8 that was blocked (excluding 3D which had no restrictions).

Amazing news, guess I'll take the plunge then and play them in proper order before 3!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I did that starting last Christmas. Beat the whole series on proud. Such a worth it time. Shit everytime I hear Dearly Beloved it makes me want to do it again.

Yep, I know that feeling.

I already played all of the original versions on their respected platforms (PS2, GBA, DS, PSP and 3DS), the PS3 remasters and now PS4 remasters.

I also did KH1, Re:COM and 2 about two more times prior to the remasters being released - so this is my 5th marathon.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, I know that feeling.

I already played all of the original versions on their respected platforms (PS2, GBA, DS, PSP and 3DS), the PS3 remasters and now PS4 remasters.

I also did KH1, Re:COM and 2 about two more times prior to the remasters being released - so this is my 5th marathon.
I played 1 and 2 years ago and this was my first full marathon. Think I'll do it again after I've beaten KH3, maybe in a few years

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
My understanding is they did a decent amount of patching, yes.

I played 1, Re:CoM, and 2 in the past couple months (finished 2 this week) and noticed no issues. Though I last played the games at release on the PS2, so if there was anything subtle I may have missed them.

But I did look at people's notes for bugs and the patches beforehand, and IIRC it seemed like they did fix everything significant.

So does that mean this new collection has all the patches included unlike the old collections? It may be worth picking up then.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So is there going to be an OT for this? I mean I can understand why there wouldn't be, as it's just a collection of the games, but still not sure if someone was going to do an OT.