• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, Nomura makes all the decisions at Square. He personally stopped working on FFVIIR to call a meeting to announce that he had decided to combine all the KH games together. He's also actually the President, CEO, and board members all in one. The members of Square's executive leadership are actually a mix of heartless and nobodies.

You're right.. I'm giving Nomura too much credit. This game actually has a release date.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right.. I'm giving Nomura too much credit. This game actually has a release date.
Did someone make a Nomura release date burn? Dammnnn that's brave.

giphy.gif

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, still have the 2 discs separate (unopened) on my shelf., got them both @ <$15 each. Will probably pass on this then

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Weird to once again skip Xbox. Maybe it will get announced at X018, but if it doesnt Square Enix really is dumb. I mean its just a bad business decision. Theyre putting KH3 on Xbox One, but somehow the collection hasnt been just seems odd. If they want more money, then make it happen.

Like i said though, maybe X018.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone asked them something like "With all the Final Fantasy games coming to Switch, do you think any more will come and which ones? Also, do you think Kingdom Hearts could come to Switch?"

This was their response. Go to 1:18:50

Thanks for this! This gives me hope for an eventual port. As for this release, I understand why it isn't on other platforms. Seems to just be a re-package job with a good price cut for folks who want to get up to speed.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any remaster collection yet so I might jump on this. Seems like a solid deal!

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't intend to buy KH3. Might as well wait for the "KH The Complete Story" which definitely is coming.
I don't think it will. This is happening because they want to mitigate the number of people who feel they can't get into KH3, and increase the number of people who've tried KH with a great deal like this. All to drive sales for KH3 when it launches. And they can do this without losing out on existing sales, because they've likely tracked that KH1.5-2.8 sales have dwindled.

Anyway once KH3 releases there's no reason to try to drive people to the series.

TLDR they're not doing this because they like complete collections, they're doing it strategically, for KH3.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Disappointed this is US only, even Canada's left out. I was meaning on picking up both before KH3 anyways so this would've been nice to have.

Fastrun

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has KHIII preordered for Xbox, it's vexing how Square has yet to release any compilations of previous games on Xbox yet. They announced 3 back in 2013 before XB1 and PS4 were released, in what I can assume was a pragmatic decision to be on whatever console that sold the best without guessing.
It would've made sense to release the compulations on Xbox before the January release of KHIII to let Xbox players get caught up via experiencing them first hand, then dive into 3. But practically, it would make more business sense to wait to see how 3 does to see if it's worth it.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people sure do get mad when companies re-bundle a bunch of existing games into a new bundle before a new game comes out

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I sold my PS4 copies awhile back after I got them at a huge discount due to that Amazon glitch. That way I wont feel as bad double dipping yet again.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I'm shocked. Mainly by the fact that they managed to put together an all-encompassing collection without giving it a fucking stupid name. I guess this is the one to buy if you wanna refresh your chain of memories in time for KH3?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox version square........................come on!!!!! Even a quick port!!!!

guess i'll just keep playing on my Pro -sigh-

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Yeah it's pretty bullshit that they aren't doing this by now. The reasoning is even more retarded. They don't know if Xbox owners want to play it, yet you release 3 on it?

I think they just want to push their customers to PS4. it would've been very easy to port those games to Xbox if they wanted (unlike the Switch where more effort will be needed), PS4 and Xbox are almost the same hardware.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I like how they addressed the complaints about an incompressible story as well as the weird subtitles and now they dumbed down the subtitle to the most basic level possible.

Oct 28, 2017
Still no Xbox version huh? Not much incentive for Xbox users to buy part 3 if Square doesn't allow them to play the rest of the games.

Seems square is just sending the Xbox version out to die.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they just want to push their customers to PS4. it would've been very easy to port those games to Xbox if they wanted (unlike the Switch where more effort will be needed), PS4 and Xbox are almost the same hardware.
This is the only thing that makes sense to me. (Even if doesn't because they are releasing KH3)

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I buy this on PS4 and it sneaks out on Xbox before 3's release Iam going to be sooooooooooooooo........ happy and buy it again on Xbox

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Still no Xbox version huh? Not much incentive for Xbox users to buy part 3 if Square doesn't allow them to play the rest of the games.

Seems square is just sending the Xbox version out to die.

I'm beginning to hope no Xbox users purchase it out of respect for themselves. Square can release these collections 3 times on PlayStation but not even once on Xbox. Disrespectful

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only thing that makes sense to me. (Even if doesn't because they are releasing KH3)
Keep in mind that KH3 started development before the PS4 and Xbox One were even released. Square had no way of knowing that the PS4 would take off like it did. After the PS3's launch, it made a lot of sense to hedge their bets and bring it to both systems. Now the PS4 is huge, so that's no longer necessary. Square probably would like to cancel the Xbox One version at this point, but they've spent too much time and money on it for that to be a good idea.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that KH3 started development before the PS4 and Xbox One were even released. Square had no way of knowing that the PS4 would take off like it did. After the PS3's launch, it made a lot of sense to hedge their bets and bring it to both systems. Now the PS4 is huge, so that's no longer necessary. Square probably would like to cancel the Xbox One version at this point, but they've spent too much time and money on it for that to be a good idea.
I agree. I fully agree. I still feel the reasoning is at best uncontested. The fact that KH is widely known brand made with a world famous IP is not something to sleep on regardless.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to hope no Xbox users purchase it out of respect for themselves. Square can release these collections 3 times on PlayStation but not even once on Xbox. Disrespectful
you realize they need to actually port the games to xbox right? its not like they are just sitting on xbox versions and decide not to release them

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Maybe if this was on Xbox One, I could buy KH3.
But it is not
And I will not.

You saved me 100 usd. Thank you S-E.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
there's also stuff like going through certification

considering how poorly games like final fantasy type 0 did on XBO, it's not unlikely that releasing this on XBO would not turn a profit
not buying 3 out of spite is a very effective way to ensure no future kingdom hearts games end up on xbox platforms either, lol

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
you realize they need to actually port the games to xbox right? its not like they are just sitting on xbox versions and decide not to release them

They announced KH3 in what 2015? They've had 3 years to port these titles. In this time frame they ported Automtata as a digital only release but can't for Disney games? Don't make excuses for them.