• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Square Enix, please do not screw this up and announce this amazing collection for EU territory as well, thank you.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's also stuff like going through certification

considering how poorly games like final fantasy type 0 did on XBO, it's not unlikely that releasing this on XBO would not turn a profit

not buying 3 out of spite is a very effective way to ensure no future kingdom hearts games end up on xbox platforms either, lol
Its a lose - lose. which they probably dont care about really. If I have to I'd bought it on PS4, I have the originals on PS2 and PSP.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They announced KH3 in what 2015? They've had 3 years to port these titles. In this time frame they ported Automtata as a digital only release but can't for Disney games? Don't make excuses for them.

They had about five years and tons of requests by fans but this they put everything in PlayStation. It's like blatant at this point.

But the tired old excuse of "focusing on KH3 after release we'll let you know.." and KH3 is almost gold at this point so what's up?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Low-effort inflammatory posts. Long history of similar behaviour.
I love that there is no Xbox version XD

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The best way to play all Kingdom Hearts games is in RELEASE order. You start finding out things about the characters out of order, but that is what is makes the series great. You start wondering what happens and so it gets explained in another game and confirm ( or denies) your theories. It is great.

Playing it chronologically, would give you a linear understanding of the story and what is the fun in that?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
The best way to play all Kingdom Hearts games is in RELEASE order. You start finding out things about the characters out of order, but that is what is makes the series great. You start wondering what happens and so it gets explained in another game and confirm ( or denies) your theories. It is great.

Playing it chronologically, would give you a linear understanding of the story and what is the fun in that?
Almost all of the confusing/mysterious stuff in KHII is actually a character moment with payoff if you've watched 358/2 Days immediately before.

You'll forget about the context for most of those moments by the time you watch Days if you play II first.

Everything else is obviously meant to be experienced in release order.

Oct 28, 2017
$40 is a damn good price for this but to play them all before KH3 you'd have to pretty much ignore every single release from now until then. This definitely feels like something that should have released around E3 instead of now seeing as it's clearly meant as a way for newcomers to get into the franchise. I know my biggest barrier to entry in regards to the KH franchise was the requirement that you put at least 150-or-so hours into playing/watching all the content just to understand the already-convoluted plot.
I mean, that's true, but it's still a wonderful package if you don't have a misplaced need to play KH3 THE moment it comes out. This will get people in the door now and by the time they're ready for KH3 those people will give the game a better long-term sales tail.
Don't get me wrong it'd have been better earlier though for sure.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people itt acting like kh3 wouldn't have been announced for the Xbox one if it were announced in the middle of the generation? This is a large AAA release from a major publisher. And it's not some herculean task to port a game between the 2 major consoles. FFXV sold just fine on Xbox and I have no doubt that kh3 will easily sell more than enough to cover the extra dev costs from bringing it to the system.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't understand committing the entire FF franchise to Xbox/PC/Switch and making this PS4 exclusive. There have been several collections already released for PS4, surely if they think KH3 is going to sell FFXV numbers, they could finally bring the older games to other platforms. Wait for X18?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Aw shucks is it Square Enix store exclusive???

Signed, Sad Canadian who Hates Paying SE's Awful Shipping Prices

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
So, is this just a new SKU of repackaged/already released discs?
I hope it means 2.8 [individually] will get a price drop cause that's the one I'm missing.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
My theory that KH3 (along with FFXV) was announced for Xbox back in E3 2013 Square Enix thought Xbox One would have been as successful as Xbox 360 was and dominant including in Japan where Xbox 360 was sold alot competed very well against PS3, Wii U wouldn't be able to handle KH3 and also back then Square Enix did not embrace PC gaming much so they had even less market options. They see how each console is faring now and Xbox One is barely sold in Japan so less input from Square with their games to Xbox.

Eh after all these years people had plenty of time to catch up since their inital release on their each platform, then remastered collection of it to PS3 then to PS4. PS4 a lot of people own as well sold so well so if anyone wants to catch up they probably already own a PS4 somewhere or you can get a cheap one by now easily even if it's just for exclusives worth it at this point

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I hope it does come to Xbox eventually. Frankly, I'm surprised the remasters didn't come before KH3 was announced and on both PS4 and XO. It would've been a decent way for them to judge the interest Xbox players generally have in the series. Hell, Final Fantasy XV on PS4 decimated the XO version, but the XO version still sold well enough for it to be "profitable."

I question whether or not the game was truly profitable anyway, as it spent the better part of a decade in development.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Figures this pops up only a week after I buy the two collections. Still cool for those who still don't have these games.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I got very close to get the previous compilation. Glad I didn't, will catch this some time in the following months.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Waiting always pays off!
This is probably the version that I get, I was right in not getting all the prior versions.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed this isn't called 2.9 Penultimate Prequel or some shit.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, of course, like a week after I caved and bought 1.5+2.5, having given up hope on this exact thing. Oh well.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think it'd be better playing KH3 on XB1X or PS4 Pro? I currently have it pre ordered on X (physical, so can change easy) but might switch to PS4, since I'd probably want to buy this series and then just move to 3 from there and it seems better on just one platform.

K-Wave

Sep 25, 2018
In front of a computer.
Well, I didn't get 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 (I have them on PS3), but I do want them on it. I also haven't gotten 2.8 yet. This seems like the ideal collection for me to get.

Can't believe it's all going to be in the one package. That's quite an impressive collection, indeed.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think it'd be better playing KH3 on XB1X or PS4 Pro? I currently have it pre ordered on X (physical, so can change easy) but might switch to PS4, since I'd probably want to buy this series and then just move to 3 from there and it seems better on just one platform.

https://www.windowscentral.com/kingdom-hearts-iii-achieves-native-4k-resolution-xbox-one-x?amp

A few weeks ago, we reported that Kingdom Hearts III was targeting 60 FPS on Xbox One X and ran the game quite well despite some frame rate fluctuations. Now, it seems like Digital Foundry was able to confirm the resolution as well. According to the outlet, the title was running at native 4K resolution with an unlocked frame rate during E3 2018. The outlet also made it clear that the build was running on an Xbox One X development kit and they didn't expect the PlayStation 4 Pro to render at native 4K.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
My theory that KH3 (along with FFXV) was announced for Xbox back in E3 2013 Square Enix thought Xbox One would have been as successful as Xbox 360 was and dominant including in Japan where Xbox 360 was sold alot competed very well against PS3, Wii U wouldn't be able to handle KH3 and also back then Square Enix did not embrace PC gaming much so they had even less market options. They see how each console is faring now and Xbox One is barely sold in Japan so less input from Square with their games to Xbox.

Eh after all these years people had plenty of time to catch up since their inital release on their each platform, then remastered collection of it to PS3 then to PS4. PS4 a lot of people own as well sold so well so if anyone wants to catch up they probably already own a PS4 somewhere or you can get a cheap one by now easily even if it's just for exclusives worth it at this point

Except, FF XV and MH World sold really well on Xbox (as has Dark Souls). SE announcing the legacy FF titles as multiplat is much more confusing based on your theory of events.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
So much Xbox talk in this thread lol. Back on topic, I wonder how save files will work? You think a 1.5 + 2.5 save file would load on this new collection?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if there is ever a time for everyone to get into this epic...

I already have both collection, so I just need to get through them before III comes out.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
As I haven't bought any of the KH nor have I played them, this is a great deal for me, will pick it up this holiday. :)

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017

Actually, KH3 was revealed at Sony's E3 2013 event. I remember because I immediately preordered a PS4 after that, even though I knew KH3 wouldn't be out for a long while. I think the XBox version was mentioned a couple of days later. If they didn't announce an XBox port for this new collection after skipping the first ones, it's not happening.

I'd bet money that the large majority of the KH fanbase has always been on PlayStation and already has a PS4 for it.