• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Is that even the MSRP on the PS4 version anymore? Hell, was that even launch MSRP on PS4, I don't even remember

EDIT: PS4 digital version is still $60 as well, although they have the physical all-in one bundle for cheaper. Not as dumb as I thought it was, but still, yeesh

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
So it costs the same as on the PS Store?

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

The KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE digital edition features 3 magical experiences KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD A full-HD remaster. Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for their coming showdown with Master Xehanort. KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover...

Yes, I know physical is cheaper.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
It's also got a port of Dream Drop Distance. Still too high at this point, but it's not just a tech demo.

Feb 5, 2018
Is that even the MSRP on the PS4 version anymore? Hell, was that even launch MSRP on PS4, I don't even remember
The all in one collection coming to PS4 (1.5/2.5/2.8/3) is only 50 dollars.

This is an actual rip-off by SE

Edit: Its a digital issue. PS4 has the same problem. This is why buying physical still has its merits

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

The KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE digital edition features 3 magical experiences KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD A full-HD remaster. Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for their coming showdown with Master Xehanort. KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover...
giphy.gif

jesus

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Yes, I know physical is cheaper.
yeah it's always been like this

also it's more than just a tech demo. don't forget it includes dream drop distance hd which is a pretty decent kingdom hearts. still not worth $60, but it's more than just the prologue

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Its not just a technical demo, you get back cover movie and 3D HD .

Still ripoff considering you can get the all in one pack for $50.

Edit: Its like a port tax, yikes.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Square is a big fan of high base MSRP and then offering discounts through digital sales of physical versions.
Regardless, the whole handling of this has been super odd. These prices and just plopping them onto the store with no marketing sort of hints that these were likely literally paid for by MS.

I'm more surprised they didn't even offer Physical Version or the All-in-one package. If it was at least all KH games for $100 on Xbox including 3, that would at least be something.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
One presumes their excuse for this (if they give one) will be that they were porting it to X-Box for the first time, laughable as that will be. I'll probably still buy because I love the games and can pretty much never be sated lol

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not an excuse, but it's like this on the PS Store so it's nothing new and I've noticed how a lot of digital games stay at full price.

For the longest time (and maybe still) NCAA Football 2014 was a $60 game digitally.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Square is a big fan of high base MSRP and then offering discounts through digital sales of physical versions.
Regardless, the whole handling of this has been super odd. These prices and just plopping them onto the store with no marketing sort of hints that these were likely literally paid for by MS.

I'm more surprised they didn't even offer Physical Version or the All-in-one package. If it was at least all KH games for $100 on Xbox including 3, that would at least be something.
The all in one package is $100 digital, at least on psn.

Early adopters pay more for more $$$. Always been like this for most companies.
I get that, but it is kind of ridiculous how digital games never really get the same price cuts that physical versions get.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they're selling years late ports of a game that has skipped the console completely aside from the latest installment (3), and these are the prices.

Gee, I wonder why Xbox players won't be rushing to play these games as much as the folks on PS4.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know why people are always surprised by this. They'll sell at 60 to a certain number of people and then drop the price quickly.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Excusez mon français mais what the fuck ? These games are available for 35$ new on PS4 if not less. Microsoft is doing Switch moves now ?

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Are we just now wondering why digital games before we started counting the years are still full price?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I won't be getting at this price. Especially when you could get all the KHs on PS4 for like £40 soon ha. I'll get it eventually I'm sure but I am more interested in potential PC/Switch ports, hope they dont price it so high for them too.

One thing I am wondering about this collection. Beating the KHs on the PS4 got you a free theme. I wonder if the Xbox versions offer a gamer pic or an avatar item. I'm betting nothing instead. Maybe they could have an extra 0G achievement to give the background to use as a theme.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Buy KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue | Xbox

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is a compilation of 3 magical KINGDOM HEARTS experiences that no fan should be without. Witness the untold stories of the series!

Lol, $60 for a tech demo that's been out for years.

Also, the 1.5+2.5 HD is $50
You have a KH avatar so surely you know it's not just a tech demo and comes with a remastering of a full standalone game as well.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would the prices be less than on PS4? And why wouldn't people be willing to pay $50 or $60 if they have never experienced KH before. There are millions of Xbox fans who have been dying to play KH the past 20 years. SE was told they have been leaving money on the table so they are here to pick it up.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Why would the prices be less than on PS4? And why wouldn't people be willing to pay $50 or $60 if they have never experienced KH before. There are millions of Xbox fans who have been dying to play KH the past 20 years. SE was told they have been leaving money on the table so they are here to pick it up.

That's not how any of this works. SE and digital games have always been a nightmare. Look at their phone ports of older FF games selling for $21.99/23.99, etc.

Yes, this is the same price as the games digitally on PSN, so that's how you know it's mainly a disconnect with SE and digital sales. However, when I got The Story So Far (all the above games) in a cool physical copy for $18, and with All In One (ALL the games including KH3) coming out in March for $49.99, paying $110 for an extremely late port is a slap in the fucking face.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This sucks because this will be a horrible way to judge Xbox fans interests in Kingdom Hearts. I already own both of these games on PS4...and in a way PS2 and was ready to triple dip but these prices are gross.

edit: I'll keep my original post up, but I also didn't know it's the same as the PlayStation store so this isn't an issue other than the price still being crazy in genera. Isn't the complete all in one package available in physical form for 49.99 on PlayStation?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeeeah, I was looking forward to giving Kingdom Hearts another try when I knew they were hitting Xbox, but not at those prices. Throw in the complete lack of promotion (I'm not expected trailers and the like, but there's not even posts on Square's social media pages), it's like they're wanting them to fail.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Same price as on PSN but unfortunately Xbox only fans don't have the choice to buy a physical copy for £15 from Amazon.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Was interested in diving in, but I will wait for the usual Square sale where they make their games the price they should be.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's not how any of this works. SE and digital games have always been a nightmare. Look at their phone ports of older FF games selling for $21.99/23.99, etc.

Yes, this is the same price as the games digitally on PSN, so that's how you know it's mainly a disconnect with SE and digital sales. However, when I got The Story So Far (all the above games) in a cool physical copy for $18, and with All In One (ALL the games including KH3) coming out in March for $49.99, paying $110 for an extremely late port is a slap in the fucking face.

That was the point of companies pushing digital. In the end it brings their cost down while giving them more control over pricing. They weren't doing it because it's convinent for us that was just a side effect. If you've waited this long to play KH just wait another month or so and it will be on sale.

Also late port or not the game is new to you or anyone who buys it today on PSN. Whether you are willing to pay or not is always a personal value decision but that doesn't mean SE has to follow some pricing scheme you've imagined.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I wanted to support this port, but not at this price. Really expected they'd only release The Story So Far on Xbox. But this is Square just being Square once again.