• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So, I was reading the 2001 official playstation magazine that had an interview with Tetsuya Nomura and others.

Here I learned that Nomura specifically credited Jun Akiyama and his work on Vagrant Story for adding a darker edge to KH1's feel and story. Akiyama was the cutscene director and co-writer of KH1.
But then there was a Q&A that asked if there were any ideas from Disney or Square that the other group didn't agree with.

Akiyama would respond they had quite a bit of freedom writing the story, but that the few ideas that were rejected by Disney all involved the "bathroom".

akiyama4jifgr.png

Jun Akiyama would never go on to elaborate on this. In fact, he entirely stopped working on the Kingdom Hearts series after that, making KH1 his only contribution to the series entirely.

ERA, does anyone know what the hell is the "bathroom"? And why has it been left unanswered for two decades? Am I flying too close to the sun asking these questions?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Do Disney characters ever canonically go to the bathroom? Maybe they don't want the lore uncovered

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So you're telling me that not a single individual at Disney batted an eye when they said "now Maleficent will time travel to figure out the secrets of the Master of Masters, where she is also actually seeking Luxu's MoM's box", they all collectively shrugged and went "sure pal whatever you say, so long as she doesn't go to the bathroom that's a-ok"?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they didn't want bathrooms in some locations or something? Poor Yen Sid has no bathroom in that tower, it must be torture at that age.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Funny, the entire lore of Kingdom Hearts seems like it was produced in the bathroom.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sora: ¨You're wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is *stomach gurgle* Wait! I have to take a crap!¨

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
There are no toilets in the Disney universe. Thats too much for kids. But Disney is ok with killing the protagonists parents of guardians in the first 15 minutes of 90% of their movies.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
Potty humor was always a big thing in Japanese kids media. (Though America kind of caught up with the rise of poop toys over the past decade.) I assume that's what he was talking about. Like a scene where Donald tries to kancho Goofy or something.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
whatever it was i'm sure the world is a better place for it never coming out

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
How can that be when the story since 2005 has been worth a double flush?

Also super lame they didn't let characters crossover. Imagine building a gummi ship full of Disney squadmates like Mass Effect.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I bet they wanted one of Tarzan's moves to be "pee sprinkler" but it got shut down because they couldn't agree on how large his eggplant should be. Yes, yes, that must be it.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Ansem switched the toilet paper in every bathroom he entered from hanging over to under in order to show how villainous he was, and that was a step too far for Disney.