• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like we'll be getting a better look at the gameplay for Kingdom Hearts 3 soon. Two YouTubers well known for their coverage on the KIngdom Hearts series, HMK and SkywardWing have both confirmed they'll be some of the first to get hands-on with the 2018 title.

Edit ~ As for when this is happening it's unknown. My own initial speculation was this would be happening on the 15th at the KHUX event in LA but given that some press have mentioned this was supposed to be private it's likely that influencers and press are invited to the Square offices to check out their slate of games and nothing related to a KH-centric event. We'll find out eventually.

Here's Skyward's announcement

Seems like it won't be long before we get to see what the combat is like without constant cuts to flashy finishers and transformations.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this event was meant to be private and people were not suppose to talk about it?

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until I see youtubers play it and english footage, I still won't believe it's coming out this year.

I hope it comes out this year.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
September seems to be a slow month so wouldn't be surprised to see it release in that month.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I really hope the mechanics are engaging and not just "press the reaction button to make fancy stuff happen" we had in KH2.

The trailers haven't made me optimistic.

Oct 26, 2017
Is this actually a 2018 title? Because didn't SE recently say they never said this or something along those lines?

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So we potentially talking about 4 screwups here if we include some poor SE fella who gave the ok when it wasn't?

Spank that translator, Chasey.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Can someone tell me what KHI is?

Also, if I understood correctly: these people are going to try a demo of KHIII yet they are not allowed to talk about it. However, they are allowed to tell everybody they are going because...?

It makes no sense. I mean, it makes sense to run a private beta test to get some feedback from some people. It also makes sense to bring some influencers to try the game and talk about their impressions in public. But this? Huh. It almost sounds like a screw-up.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Late November early December launch...I think lol.

I'm excited to some more gameplay though :)

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me what KHI is?
KHInsider

Also, if I understood correctly: these people are going to try a demo of KHIII yet they are not allowed to talk about it. However, they are allowed to tell everybody they are going because...?

It makes no sense. I mean, it makes sense to run a private beta test to get some feedback from some people. It also makes sense to bring some influencers to try the game and talk about their impressions in public. But this? Huh. It almost sounds like a screw-up.
Because it's a private networking event for industry people to get their hands on Square's upcoming releases. We went in 2016 and played KH 0.2 and Final Fantasy XV and no one bragged about going then because YouTubers weren't invited.

Square is not happy. This is why you don't invite idiotic YouTubers who provide stupid 30 minute long clickbait videos that barely contain any good information and their content is mostly reposts of information by people who volunteer a lot of their time to write actual articles.

More tweets should be deleted soon:

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This game has been in some form of development since 2006. Remember when this was supposed to be a PS3 game? Goddamn.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
It's actually fuggin happening. We've actually made it. I take it this stuff is gonna be shown next week at that fan event on the 15th? Only event I could think of.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
This game has been in some form of development since 2006. Remember when this was supposed to be a PS3 game? Goddamn.
No it hasn't and no it wasn't.

KH3 was not ever planned to be the next game in the series after KH2. That was always Birth by Sleep and then they put Days and Coded into development. Work on KH3 only started in 2012 when the Osaka team was done with Dream Drop Distance and next gen devkits were being handed out.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need more media.

This is the kind of game that I'll only believe in once I have it in my hands, kinda like FFXV/XIII Versus.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm pretty sure KH 0.2 has the same gameplay as KH3 no? I looooooved the combat in KH 0.2, so I'm pretty hyped about KH3 already. Fucking lol at these Youtubers pissing off Square instantly.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Square is not happy. This is why you don't invite idiotic YouTubers who provide stupid 30 minute long clickbait videos that barely contain any good information and their content is mostly reposts of information by people who volunteer a lot of their time to write actual articles.
The Youtubers in question seem to have gotten (false) confirmation before tweeting this out, so I dont see how this is their fault. This is a screwup by SE.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No it hasn't and no it wasn't.

KH3 was not ever planned to be the next game in the series after KH2. That was always Birth by Sleep and then they put Days and Coded into development. Work on KH3 only started in 2012 when the Osaka team was done with Dream Drop Distance and next gen devkits were being handed out.
Maybe he confused with the KH mainline team working on Versus XIII.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
When you really think about it the work on KH3 began all the way back in 1926 when A. A. Milne started to write Winnie the Pooh.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
"I just wanna say thank you for this opportunity"

This opportunity to... what? Be a marketing stooge? Yikes.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope KH will stay away from DLC, as it always has been so far.
After FF XV, I'm actually scared about this game.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The tweet by Skywardwing at least implies he asked permission for the tweet.
Who did he ask, the Janitor? /s

But seriously, Square Enix is a very secretive company, and petty too. Someone periscoped the Orchestra trailer last year just hours before it went online and they have been blacklisted from events with the company ever since. Nomura even wanted to press charges. Dude is clueless though, he thinks he is still in their good books but SE have cut ties with him.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OkayIBelieveYou.gif

But seriously, this gives me hope for a 2018 release date after all!

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have they said that they got false confirmation or is this something they are saying to cover their asses?
In defense of SW, he tweeted out at the 4th of April, what I can only assume where their first reaction tweets: (of course I can be completely wrong! But I believe these are connected to today's tweets)
https://twitter.com/SkywardWing/status/981667096928182272

So I believe he is being honest when he says that he made sure that he could post, and only then posted. So probably a screwup by someone at SE. Still excited to know people are going hands-on with the game, can't wait for some opinions on the gameplay!

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I still have to play BBS and DDD, but KHIII does look exciting and its release will be legendary.

Sadly I still think that the game will come out in 2020.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
In defense of SW, he tweeted out at the 4th of April, what I can only assume where their first reaction tweets: (of course I can be completely wrong! But I believe these are connected to today's tweets)
https://twitter.com/SkywardWing/status/981667096928182272

So I believe he is being honest when he says that he made sure that he could post, and only then posted. So probably a screwup by someone at SE. Still excited to know people are going hands-on with the game, can't wait for some opinions on the gameplay!
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of that tease either. Maybe I'm just petty or something, but with these sorts of things it's best to just keep your mouth shut.

For the record, I actually don't know what they are going to. I assumed it was the same event we were invited to two years ago since the timing matches up but it could be something else, idk. What I do know is whatever it is should not be talked about. I mean, I can't recall people in previous years bragging about it before?