• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Kingdom Hearts 3 in a nutshell

Oct 31, 2017
Nov 13, 2017
I could list why KH3 missed the mark but that would be truly a waste of time when discussing with diehard fans.
I mean, after Kingdom Hearts II's dial-back on vertical level design in favour of arenas, I welcome KHIII's level design to be at least closer to the original intent of KH1.

Oct 27, 2017
My one sentence summary of KH3:

Roy Batty and Luke Skywalker play 4D chess and Sora dies.

Did enjoy the game, but the plot was a mess.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still going through the game but did/do people enjoy KH3's combat?
Yeah it was fun. Has alot of fun tools to play around with but outside of lvl 1 runs you aren't really gonna have a whole lot of opportunities to explore them due to the game generally being pretty easy and not a whole lot of post game bosses.

Oct 25, 2017
Québec City
Oh it’s a hate on thing I never played for no reason kinda thread huh
This post reminds me of that thread where OP called out anyone that called KH's lore difficult to understand 'disingenuous'.

Edit: Found it.

I watched countless explanation videos and am currently playing KH3, I'm probably mid-way through it and watched the 'The Story so Far' videos and while I understand part of it, it is a very difficult story to follow imo and no, I'm not being obtuse or disingenuous. It truly is a mess.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still going through the game but did/do people enjoy KH3's combat?
No I did not. Not at all. Combined with the nonsensical story made me sell the game 11 hrs in.

Granted I only ever played KH2 and 358/2 days (and finished neither) but aside from the Disney stuff KH3 was not fun at all.