• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
No one even mentioned the best retcon of Kingdom Hearts 3, where only Goofy knew that Yen Sid said "may your heart be your guiding key" right before every adventure because goofy's a dog with big dog ears and yin sid said it so quietly only he could hear it.

Why did yen sid say it so quietly? Because they didn't decide that to be an every adventure saying until later i guess. Or maybe it'll be further retconned into an even bigger plot point in kingdom hearts 4. Who knows.
You're just misinterpreting the scene. Goofy is actually the Master of Master's and Yen Sid only said it this time to fuck with them.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the GirlfriendReviews video when she said it's like they deliberately use every confusing literary trope possible.

I thought they were joking about the multiple characters with the same names but I was wrong.

Slyfox

Oct 28, 2017
If you're not looking for a challenge, it's probably the best in the series. Controls very tightly and there's lots of variety and spectacle to keep things fun.

If you want a challenge, it's probably the worst in the series. The fancy triangle moves are so incredibly frequent that you're litterally invincible a lot of the time, and even if you hold back from hitting triangle, the enemies are way more susceptible to hit stun from you and your teammates than usual and so there's not much danger in doing anything. One person here posted a video of beating a super late game boss without touching the controller by letting teammates do everything, on the hardest difficulty and a fairly normal experience level.
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Your quote explains my experience with the game so far. Its was fun using my triangle options the first few times. After the 50th time pulling out the tea cups it gets annoying. I miss just using mainly my keyblade to fight. When I try not using my triangle options I find it difficult. I am underleveled when compared to the recommended lvl and playing on Proud so trying to stick to no triangle moves is tough. Whereas if I spam them most of the fights are easy and don't feel satisfying.

Here's what I don't understand, 0.2 had amazing combat and was a perfect balance while KH3 completely broke it.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
If you're not looking for a challenge, it's probably the best in the series. Controls very tightly and there's lots of variety and spectacle to keep things fun.

If you want a challenge, it's probably the worst in the series. The fancy triangle moves are so incredibly frequent that you're litterally invincible a lot of the time, and even if you hold back from hitting triangle, the enemies are way more susceptible to hit stun from you and your teammates than usual and so there's not much danger in doing anything. One person here posted a video of beating a super late game boss without touching the controller by letting teammates do everything, on the hardest difficulty and a fairly normal experience level.
It's not about challenge though. KH3's combat was disappointing IMO because the designer decided to cram in so much shit to the combat that it doesn't feel quite 'right' for me. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun when it gets going, but it's also hectic and messy, mindless, like I'm playing a musou game but flashier. But hey, at least no button holding to attack like in FFXV, Nomura didn't pull a Tabata.