• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Not really feeling it. It just kind of looks like a fan made AMV where the song doesn't really flow with the action being shown. The complete opposite would be the .2 Aqua Intro, the music just fits and works with whats being shown on screen. This video just doesn't do it for me :/

Waiting on some fan nerd to edit out the song with an old one.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started watching this and stopped after like 10 seconds.

The game comes out in like 1.5 months. The opening video should be experienced the first time you play the game. I'm not sure why they would release this ahead of time.
Yeah who the fuck releases promotional material for a high budget video game

On that note why do games have cover art that's anything but the title logo

God of War was ruined for me when I was told against my will that there is a snowy environment at some point in the game. I'll never live it down.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird opening to me.
The music doesn't really hit a peak or the energy that previous songs did, but worse than that the actual animations were not in sync at all. usually the openings are really well edited with the song itself, this felt like the animation was done way before even a prototype of the song was available.

If the editing and animation was in sync with the music, I would probably have been open to the music choice but nothing here mixes together.

A real shame, I can still go back to old openings and enjoy both the song and the animation+editing, I probably won't ever watch this one again besides watching it when starting the game :(

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The music doesn't really hit a peak or the energy that previous songs did, but worse than that the actual animations were not in sync at all. usually the openings are really well edited with the song itself, this felt like the animation was done way before even a prototype of the song was available.

If the editing and animation was in sync with the music, I would probably have been open to the music choice but nothing here mixes together.

A real shame, I can still go back to old openings and enjoy both the song and the animation+editing, I probably won't ever watch this one again besides watching it when starting the game :(

This is an edited portion of the opening. Not the whole thing.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017

It's probably because this isn't the opening, but the trailer for the opening.

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK

It's not in sync with the music because it's not the full opening; it's just a trailer for the opening.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not in sync with the music because it's not the full opening; it's just a trailer for the opening.
ah ok, that makes a lot of sense then. Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: oh, only get an alert for the last reply, thanks to all the above replies too on the correction XD

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017

I understand this perfectly, it felt weird and the funny thing is that the solution was really simple, just move the track a few seconds after and everything starts to sync better. That is what I did in my edit:

Like others said, its a Trailer of the OP, but they could have done better IMO lol

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Why does it seem people think this is the whole thing? This is a cut down version of the full opening for the game.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
What a lovely song! i listened to the extra 5 seconds from utada's website and it sounds like a banger.
2 original utada hikaru's songs! who would've imagined lmao

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah who the fuck releases promotional material for a high budget video game

On that note why do games have cover art that's anything but the title logo

God of War was ruined for me when I was told against my will that there is a snowy environment at some point in the game. I'll never live it down.
Thanks for the pointless sarcastic response. Plenty of other ways to advertise the game.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, every time I listen to the song, I like it notably more. Just listened to the extra five second version, and it sounds like it's gonna be great. I just want to hear the full version dang it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Man, every time I listen to the song, I like it notably more. Just listened to the extra five second version, and it sounds like it's gonna be great. I just want to hear the full version dang it.
yeah that extra few seconds makes huge impression on the overall song. I can't wait to listen to the full version.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been asked a bunch but I skimmed back a few pages and couldn't find it, where's this version that's five seconds longer?

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I understand this perfectly, it felt weird and the funny thing is that the solution was really simple, just move the track a few seconds after and everything starts to sync better. That is what I did in my edit:

Like others said, its a Trailer of the OP, but they could have done better IMO lol

oh that works a ton better :O

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone using a lore recap? Yeah, yeah, I know, spare me the jokes, I know the lore is silly, I still have fun with it.

I'm thinking of watching that massive "timeline" project on Youtube but that could take a while. Anyone been watching that?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if this has been asked a bunch but I skimmed back a few pages and couldn't find it, where's this version that's five seconds longer?

J1KXOUL.png

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Listen to this on repeat with headphones.
Two hours later come here and tell as how you feel :P
The editing done on the video plays a huge role on the quality of the song

I listened to this version with good headphones for an hour straight...
I'm starting to like it XD
Without the context of kh, no visuals etc and just listening to the song whilst working its definitely growing on me now.
The Japanese lyrics flow so well.

this page pretty much has my entire journey of seeing the trailer for the first time and hating it, to now likng it a bit lol