• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Gonna be honest, not feeling the song so far :S Not sure if it's years and years of defaulting to the Sanctuary or Simple & Clean in my mind whenever I see a KH pic/video, but this just isn't doing it for me.

The actual video, however, is dope! Hype-inducing for sure!

Oct 25, 2017

Chikai>DTT>Face my Fear

Man, this is the biggest difference in quality between the japanese and english versions of the songs in the series, IMO.

The quality of the lyrics is just too much of a downgrade.

Chikai is probably my favorite theme song in the entire series at this point.

I really want the japanese version of this game. Square, pls, release a japanese audio DLC, that would make my life so much easier.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's obviously written first in japanese, you can even hear the rap in japanese over kiss me once part.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
This is pretty bad on all counts.

The whole chess imagery like Nomura is some mastermind who didn't make a legendary asspull in DDD is hilarious. This isn't some big orchestrated thing from the very beginning. You're not clever, Nomura.

The visuals look off too since it looks like they're using in-game models at least for some parts. It looks inconsistent if you look at it independently and also if you look at it with all the other opening movies.

I think enough has been said about the music. It builds and the drop isn't anything really. I know there's probably a good bit more to the song, but if it's a wet fart for a good chunk of it then what's the point?

The DDD intro is still king. It was a celebration of the series and reminded you that through it all, there have been a lot of memorable moments and things to get excited about. This comes off as disingenuous with the chess imagery.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

The whole chess imagery like Nomura is some mastermind who didn't make a legendary asspull in DDD is hilarious. This isn't some big orchestrated thing from the very beginning. You're not clever, Nomura.

The visuals look off too since it looks like they're using in-game models at least for some parts. It looks inconsistent if you look at it independently and also if you look at it with all the other opening movies.

I think enough has been said about the music. It builds and the drop isn't anything really. I know there's probably a good bit more to the song, but if it's a wet fart for a good chunk of it then what's the point?

The DDD intro is still king. It was a celebration of the series and reminded you that through it all, there have been a lot of memorable moments and things to get excited about. This comes off as disingenuous with the chess imagery.
Lol. The chess imagery isn't meant to be some kind of indication of Nomura thinking of himself as some kind of chess master. Don't be dumb. That's such a needlessly hostile and aggressive reading of it. It's just symbolism for the impending final battle between the 13 darknesses and 7 lights and Xehanort orchestrating it.

That said, a lot of this HAS been planned to some degree. There are a lot of things starting from Chain of Memories that have been paving way & building up for things happening & coming to a head in Kingdom Hearts III. Nomura has been intentionally building up to this final battle for a long ass time by now.

E: And I'm not seeing any in-game models.

Last edited:

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Cannot believe the day is finally coming. Been waiting for playing the number 3 since kh2 like a decade ago, was satisfied with the side games released till then but still the main number 3. Wow

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I can't go back to hearing don't think twice, Face my fears just fills me with excitement.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I think the KH1 opening remains my favourite, just because it isn't a recap of things that've already happened.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice sneak peak, I like the song!
Also the english version of Don't Think Twice sounds pretty awkward, especially during the rap portion lol.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Actually incredible on how many different opinions you see here. Almost nobody here likes EDM probably?

I actually do like it and yes also thé second part of the song. The lyrics are catchy and doe me better than Don't Think Twice. But hey opinions ...

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I adore EDM, but the drop in this song sounds cheap and generic.
Had a lot of potential to be a lot better.
But this is just how I feel, and I do have a higher standard for the kingdom hearts themes since the first two games are very iconic and well done.
And that is why I'm disappointed so far. Still isn't the full song yet, so I'll wait to give a final verdict once I hear the final product

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oh man. heavily auto-tuned Utada with hyper-generic EDM beat. i wasn't even against the concept because skrillex has done somewhat interesting stuff before when he tones down his super zeitgeisty wubstep thing and tries to be a bit more experimental but yeah this is real, real bad. it just sounds like a project file he already had for ready-made 2018 generic side-chained beat drops and it doesn't take the mood or spirit of KH into account at all. could easily be one of his tracks for Justin Bieber. not even opposed to utada using auto-tune either but the effect it has on this track is super boring. doesn't feel KH at all. would have much rather they gone safe and used orchestral versions of the previous two themes.

listened to it a few times now to try and give it a shot but blech. infinitely worse than sanctuary or simple & clean

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Actually incredible on how many different opinions you see here. Almost nobody here likes EDM probably?
i mean, i'm definitely one of those people who's been in the dance scene for ages (much more into house of all varieties, techno of the non-chinstroking kind, and hardcore/breaks) and thinks EDM is mostly for children, i'll admit that

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018

I actually do like it and yes also thé second part of the song. The lyrics are catchy and doe me better than Don't Think Twice. But hey opinions ...
you can dislike something while not dismissing the entire genre.
I don't have anything against EDM, and do like some artists
but this I found to be awful, and especially ill-fitting for what it is

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
I think I'll just go in blind. Just feels like after this long it's the right call since I'll definitely play it

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Nope. 0.2's intro is the king.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, they did it again, I think I'm starting to like this song LMAO

I still think it's easily the worst of the main 3 opening songs, but I'll take a worse song that's still good over Hikari AGAIN.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the trailer we're supposed to get on the 10th? Sounds like a stupid question, but I don't know if the dates they game us were US focused or Japan focused.